ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Cavs GM David Griffin leaving, Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Re: OT: Cavs GM David Griffin leaving, Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate 

Post#21 » by Lord_Zedd » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 am

Read on Twitter
MFS
Analyst
And1: 5,327

Re: OT: Cavs GM David Griffin leaving, Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate 

Post#22 » by MFS » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:17 am

This off-season has been crazy thus far. More exciting and entertaining than the playoffs and of course the Raptors are not participating.
Credit to Turbo_Zone

Casey again says, "I don't think someone dominated us, I wouldn't use that word."
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,785

Post#23 » by Zeno » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:27 am

McGregFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

what the hell how did griffin and gilbert fall out that far in an hour? I doubt he would have been in deep talks with anyone if he knew he was leaving

Since I can't imagine how he could get Butler without trading Lebron or Kyrie, maybe Griffin wanted to move Lebron out in the face of the rumours that he would be bolting to LA next year? I know no team would do it but it would be great if they just traded his ass to the Kings for a year just for the laughs.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

OT: Cavs GM David Griffin leaving, Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate 

Post#24 » by Double Helix » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 am

Lebron: "So, it's obvious we need another star, right?"

Lue: "Chauncey was saying Jimmy Butler is available. Let's get him."

Griffin: "Guys, it's not that easy. We don't have assets and we have 3 superstars already."

Lebron: "Dan, are you hearing this. He's saying it's impossible. Do we want a GM that thinks beating the Warriors is impossible?"

Griffin: "I'll see what I can do."

(An hour passes)

Lebron: "So, Jimmy B is arriving when?"

Griffin: "He isn't. They want high picks and prospects. We spent those building our current team."

Lebron: "Whatchoo mean we don't have draft picks?! Lue, Griffin trying to say we don't have draft picks now!"

Griffin: "We have draft picks. They're just late firsts because we are a good team."

Lue: "Chauncey could get us draft picks. Good ones. High ones. He told me."

Griffin: "I could get us something if we move Thompson."

Lebron: "Why would we do that? He's a great rebounder."

Griffin: "I know but we need more. Rebounds aren't going to get us past the Warriors and his huge contract limits us."

Lebron: "You gave him that! Lue, Griffin's complaining now about his own deals!"

Griffin: "But you and your agent made it clear you wanted him to stay."

Lebron: "Excuse me? Do I look like Donald **** Trump to you, Griffin?"

Griffin: "No, Bron."

Lebron: "Do you think you're James **** Comey?"

Griffin: "No, Bron."

Lebron: "I don't mettle. I don't influence. You're the boss. I just play basketball. Now get me Jimmy Butler!"

Lue: "I'm just saying... Chauncey could have probably signed Tristan for less AND got us picks. Chauncey could maybe even get us Jimmy by tomorrow."

Lebron: "See. Chauncey could do it! Danny G, you know what happens next. Prepare the comic sans."
KingstonRaptors
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#25 » by KingstonRaptors » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:41 am

Masai is short a GM. Do it.
Credit to triplemke23 for the sig.
realguile
Junior
And1: 1,031

Post#26 » by realguile » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:56 am

Lead up to the draft is hot. Lovin' it.
JetLife wrote:I'm holding tears back this **** hurts
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#27 » by Throwback24 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:01 am

Bring him home to Toronto, he'd fire Casey if he felt the need to.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#28 » by hsb » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:13 am

Umm...

Read on Twitter
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#29 » by nitrous » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:15 am

Read on Twitter
nitrous
General Manager

Post#30 » by nitrous » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 am

hsb wrote:Umm...

Read on Twitter

And Chauncey is the preferred GM choice by Lebron.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#31 » by hsb » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:18 am

nitrous wrote:
hsb wrote:Umm...

Read on Twitter

And Chauncey is the preferred GM choice by Lebron.

and

Read on Twitter
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#32 » by Bankai » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:19 am

Concernedcad wrote:Masai needs to add Griffin

He can replace the Weltman vacancy.
DeKobe DeBryant
Analyst
And1: 4,633

Post#33 » by DeKobe DeBryant » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 am

Gilbert is terrible.

How do you make a decision like this without telling LeBron?

- Credit to TurboZone for the signature!
nitrous
General Manager

Post#34 » by nitrous » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:40 am

Read on Twitter
slothrop8
Head Coach
And1: 7,278

Post#35 » by slothrop8 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:08 am

Really hope Cleveland's implosion doesn't result in us holding on to our veteran core past it's best before date thinking we have a window. If we wait too long and KL and DD depreciate we could find ourselves in 9 seed limbo for years.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#36 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:17 am

Do we wan't David Griffen? I'd think so

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to Toronto Raptors