ImageImageImageImageImage

Semi OT: Anyone lose money in the crypto crash?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

shefcurry
Junior
And1: 616

Re: Semi OT: Anyone lose money in the crypto crash? 

Post#481 » by shefcurry » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:17 pm

canz55 wrote:"Come with me if you want to live" (I shouldn't be re-posting memes on here I know, but I couldn't help myself this time)

The hard cap is a hard cap until it isn’t.

Money supplies have expand as economies grow.

The thing about technology is that it gets superseded by new protocols as new technolgies emerge that better fit the needs of society. The assumption that Bitcoin v1 will resemble anything close to Bitcoin v2 or Bitcoin v10 has no historical precedent in technology.
deck
Sixth Man
And1: 1,094

Post#482 » by deck » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:20 am

VanWest82 wrote:
deck wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:You want a value proposition for Bitcoin? Here it is: imagine you live in Turkey, Argentina, Venezuala, Zimbabwe, Iran, Sudan, South Sudan, Liberia, Lebanon or any of these other countries with **** governments that don't know how to manage their economies. You're getting killed with inflation/currency devaluation. It isn't so easy to get your hands on real assets that aren't impacted by this. But you do have an internet connection.

Yeah, thats fair. BTC as an inflation hedge is a worth while narrative. But this is far from revolutionary. With an internet connection, those people could also buy gold, stocks, other currencies, etc.

How are you going to get the gold? Where are you going to store it? These aren't always easy questions depending where you live. Same thing with participating in foreign stock exchanges. Not always straight forward.

Very few people that invest in gold actually own physical gold... There are funds and indexes for that.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#483 » by ratul » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:08 am

refshateRaps wrote:Friday Scoreboard

$BTCUSD start of thread: 16,767.64

$BTCUSD current: 27,386.19

+ 83%

Early stages too. What do I know?

Zoom out. It's down 50% in the last two years and 40% in the last year. Unless you were investing in BTC in 2008, you're underwater on your investment.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Post#484 » by anotherhomer » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:10 pm

ratul wrote:

+ 83%

Zoom out. It's down 50% in the last two years and 40% in the last year. Unless you were investing in BTC in 2008, you're underwater on your investment.

definitely if you brought at 50k you down quite a lot still
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#485 » by refshateRaps » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:54 pm

anotherhomer wrote:
ratul wrote:

+ 83%

If you're zooming out go further. Good thing for all those stuck holders that only bought hype at the 50K top the major trend is masssively bullish an the minor trend is clearly up after the fear induced bottomed.

End of the day the origin of this thread was created off THE bottom and will age accordingly to help all those stuck holders. While others make alot of money.

I'm only tracking this threads progress as some strangely seemed to hate the fact I mentioned my belief this was clearly called on THE bottom. And will likely again change the lives drastically for those that were able to buy.

All the best. We'll let the scoreboard keep talking
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#486 » by refshateRaps » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:05 pm

ratul wrote:

+ 83%

Nothing to do with anything I ever said or what im tracking here? Other then I know even the worst stuck holders will be ok in due time.

What happened to 'we'll see in 6months'? Wasn't that your belief this was going down further in the coming months?

Still early for both of us :wink: But ya wrong time Bro.

Scoreboard off the thread bottom will be continously updated on Fridays thru the leaps and pulls backs. As I said above keep zooming out on that chart and it'll make a bit more sense as to what's going on.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#487 » by refshateRaps » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:37 pm

Bears so quiet??? What a thread. Fin-RGM FTW! Nearing 100% gain of a ticker priced in the tens of thousands off the start and the sick SBF puppet azz, public fear ritual... :lol:

Remember that 'bank crises' they pumped a couple weeks ago? What a bloody gift this will end up, been chomping tech but finally loaded banks (amongst other sectors) heavy last few days and today on the turn. See how it turns out?

Looks pretty damn clear to me All markets are on major breakout watch from now into the start of May... If we do get a 2-3 week face rip sometime I may look to shave serious profits keeping in mind the bigger bull picture tho? Crazy azz time in a crazy world.

Diversified, loaded and ready to see what they face rip here first. Eyes fully on...

What do I know? Play the game as you see it.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Post#488 » by anotherhomer » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:58 pm

I brought the wrong bitcoin miner
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#489 » by refshateRaps » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:01 pm

anotherhomer wrote:I brought the wrong bitcoin miner

You'll be fine... They will start to usher them all in soon enough. Diversification is the only way, you never know what ones will go first, or be ripped the furthest when they flip the greater market algos.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#490 » by ratul » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:05 am

refshateRaps wrote:Bears so quiet??? What a thread. Fin-RGM FTW! Nearing 100% gain of a ticker priced in the tens of thousands off the start and the sick SBF puppet azz, public fear ritual... :lol:

Remember that 'bank crises' they pumped a couple weeks ago? What a bloody gift this will end up, been chomping tech but finally loaded banks (amongst other sectors) heavy last few days and today on the turn. See how it turns out?

Looks pretty damn clear to me All markets are on major breakout watch from now into the start of May... If we do get a 2-3 week face rip sometime starting in this period I may look to shave serious profits keeping in mind the bigger bull picture tho? Crazy azz time in a crazy world.

Diversified, loaded and ready to see what they face rip here first. Eyes fully on...

What do I know? Play the game as you see it.

Still no liquidity.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,637

Post#491 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:38 am

These posts read like someone tried to update the boiler room script using modern slang.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#492 » by ImissJordan » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:00 am

ratul wrote:

+ 83%

That’s…not accurate.
JustLucky
Rookie
And1: 711

Post#493 » by JustLucky » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:05 am

ratul wrote:

+ 83%

huh? I bought in at 3k like 4 years ago. its 30k now. I also sold at 60k and bought back weeks ago thats a 20x investment. I know several bitcoin millionaires and im not doing to bad either
JustLucky
Rookie

Post#494 » by JustLucky » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:11 am

anotherhomer wrote:
ratul wrote:

+ 83%

ya but thats the dead money. markets are games someone losses. they were probably going to lose in whatever they invested because they clearly suck at it. fomo buying is the dumbest thing you can do and anyone with any general crypto knowledge knew buying at that range was punting money. people make money people lose money thats how markets work
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#495 » by refshateRaps » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:14 am

JustLucky wrote:
anotherhomer wrote:
ratul wrote:

ya but thats the dead money. markets are games someone losses. they were probably going to lose in whatever they invested because they clearly suck at it. fomo buying is the dumbest thing you can do and anyone with any general crypto knowledge knew buying at that range was punting money. people make money people lose money thats how markets work

Exactly, if you only bought around 50K and didn't average down you needed an entry level market lesson on both points. Very few did that anyway, but surely there are some.

The saddest is part is those trying to use these few to push a larger fear narrative into a cyclical bottom where those peeps could benefit the most. I imagine some will continue to FUD the pull backs (again more missed buying opps missed), but will get quieter as time does its thing.

Thankfully for all invested, that is a good thing.
JustLucky
Rookie

Post#496 » by JustLucky » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:24 am

I been into crypto for like a decade and my friends only show interest or ask about it when its at its peak everytime. thats when I sell everytime lol its a pretty good indicator. The reason it has such a bad rep is because the majority of people who buy it are casuals who buy in for a hundred bucks and lose for the fear of missing out while the 1% or w/e of smart people know the fomo cycle and have put in 100x the money of your average crypto buyer whos using their bingo or spending money for the week so its like 1% winners and 99% losers.

its just the stock market with higher variance
BlackThought
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#497 » by BlackThought » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:31 am

JustLucky wrote:I been into crypto for like a decade and my friends only show interest or ask about it when its at its peak everytime. thats when I sell everytime lol its a pretty good indicator. The reason it has such a bad rep is because the majority of people who buy it are casuals who buy in for a hundred bucks and lose for the fear of missing out while the 1% or w/e of smart people know the fomo cycle and have put in 100x the money of your average crypto buyer whos using their bingo or spending money for the week so its like 1% winners and 99% losers.

its just the stock market with higher variance

I find it funny that casuals attack it for "going down in price" after it has already gone up 15x in about 14 months. Well yeah, if you buy anything after it has gone up that much then you deserve to lose money.
JustLucky
Rookie

Post#498 » by JustLucky » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:51 pm

but they have been trained by the phony stock market that is proped up by the fed printing money and raising inflation that the stocks never go down (becuase they dont but inflation does which is the same thing) If crypto had the governments of the world spending trillions of dollars everytime it hit a bear market to stop the downward market correction it needs to stay healthy bitcoin would be in the millions too
BlackThought
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#499 » by BlackThought » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:09 am

JustLucky wrote:but they have been trained by the phony stock market that is proped up by the fed printing money and raising inflation that the stocks never go down (becuase they dont but inflation does which is the same thing) If crypto had the governments of the world spending trillions of dollars everytime it hit a bear market to stop the downward market correction it needs to stay healthy bitcoin would be in the millions too

80% of people who trade stocks lose money. So when you read this thread, you can see similar ratios of people who either lost money in crypto or lost money doing something else.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#500 » by refshateRaps » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:42 pm

Weekend Scoreboard

$BTCUSD current: 30,452.08

Bears from start of the thread shook and taking an early exit as the real games still yet to get underway.

Return to Toronto Raptors