ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Raps Hire Darko Rajakovic - Live Stream PG 39

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,812

Re: Woj: Raps Hire Darko Rajakovic - Live Stream PG 39 

Post#1281 » by ash_k » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:53 pm

Dalek wrote:Losing is an easy habit to form, just ask Detroit, Charlotte and Washington who are perpetually losing. The Wiz took their first step towards real development like us this year, but they have a long losing track record. Detroit and Charlotte are always in the lottery because they are always waiting to take steps.

I understand that you need to develop and build talent, but between Scottie, Quick, and Barrett and even Poeltl we have some pieces that can win now. Kind of like Houston did this year where they got a coach who had an actual play style and defensive identity that got them close to a play-in after they signed Fred and Dillon.

If we keep Darko we are possibly on a path where our current stars will eventually want out. Scottie doesn't like the losing and Quick and RJ just came from a winning culture.

To me, all Darko has focused on is player development and culture, and a bit of free flowing offense. The defense fell off a cliff this year and it is one of the worst seasons I have ever seen for margin of losses. We lost multiple times to the worst teams in the league. This year just doesn't sit quite right.

The only positives from Darko is getting us IQ and RJ. Udoka would have gotten us competing with a TOP3 defense , with OG/Pascal/Jak/Scottie. I still cannot believe Darko could not do anything with those 4.
However, Masai would NOT have traded OG&Pascal.. had we had a winning record (with Udoka) thus Darko was key.

The only reason, we could give Darko another season is that post All-Star '3-1' with Scottie's comments post-victory against the Pacers. (Then injuries struck)
If a coach Bud is ready to come back then we should fire Darko on Monday .We got a young team ready to grow and compete at a high-level.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,239

Post#1282 » by Dalek » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:56 pm

Scase wrote:
Dalek wrote:Losing is an easy habit to form, just ask Detroit, Charlotte and Washington who are perpetually losing. The Wiz took their first step towards real development like us this year, but they have a long losing track record. Detroit and Charlotte are always in the lottery because they are always waiting to take steps.

I understand that you need to develop and build talent, but between Scottie, Quick, and Barrett and even Poeltl we have some pieces that can win now. Kind of like Houston did this year where they got a coach who had an actual play style and defensive identity that got them close to a play-in after they signed Fred and Dillon.

If we keep Darko we are possibly on a path where our current stars will eventually want out. Scottie doesn't like the losing and Quick and RJ just came from a winning culture.

To me, all Darko has focused on is player development and culture, and a bit of free flowing offense. The defense fell off a cliff this year and it is one of the worst seasons I have ever seen for margin of losses. We lost multiple times to the worst teams in the league. This year just doesn't sit quite right.

This is insanely reactionary. It's been less than a full season, pump the brakes. If we are in the bottom 6 for 4 years in a row, yeah sure. But sweet jesus, he hasn't even had the "permanent" roster for 4 months.

The NBA moves pretty quick. Adrian Griffin got fired from a team 20 games above .500. I know we are in a low pressure environment, but I don't think our core guys are ready for a long development period. Darko isn't like Monty Williams or other established coaches so he is a bit on the clock.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,239

Post#1283 » by Dalek » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:02 pm

ash_k wrote:

The only positives from Darko is getting us IQ and RJ. Udoka would have gotten us competing with a TOP3 defense , with OG/Pascal/Jak/Scottie. I still cannot believe Darko could not do anything with those 4.
However, Masai would NOT have traded OG&Pascal.. had we had a winning record (with Udoka) thus Darko was key.

The only reason, we could give Darko another season is that post All-Star '3-1' with Scottie's comments post-victory against the Pacers. (Then injuries struck)
If a coach Bud is ready to come back then we should fire Darko on Monday .We got a young team ready to grow and compete at a high-level.

Really interesting stuff and I hadn't thought about the losing forcing our FO's hand. I do think Darko in a way got us IQ and RJ, but I kind of am still hurting about losing OG. On the Knicks he has a case as DPOY and while IQ and Barrett are great they aren't all-NBA types- the bar is just too high.

I am happy enough with the core guys, and with a killer draft and some free agent money this year we could turn things around. Bud is the guy I think about.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,332

Post#1284 » by Scase » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:09 pm

Dalek wrote:
Scase wrote:

This is insanely reactionary. It's been less than a full season, pump the brakes. If we are in the bottom 6 for 4 years in a row, yeah sure. But sweet jesus, he hasn't even had the "permanent" roster for 4 months.

The NBA moves pretty quick. Adrian Griffin got fired from a team 20 games above .500. I know we are in a low pressure environment, but I don't think our core guys are ready for a long development period. Darko isn't like Monty Williams or other established coaches so he is a bit on the clock.

The bucks making a stupid decision doesn't necessitate us doing the same.
Props TZ!
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,687

Post#1285 » by C_Money » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:32 pm

Thats kinda Darko’s job over this summer is to get his defence figured out. I have no issues with the offence.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1286 » by Scase » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:10 am

ash_k wrote:
tanuki1031 wrote:Not a good sign when the primary endorsements are coming from Temple and GTJ.

and it didnt look good when RJ and IQ laughed at his "teaching" on the bench , a few games ago. And after all those guys have had legendary coaches (Coack K, John Calipari & Thibodeau)

Sure is a good thing that coach k, calipari, and thibs were all legends in their rookie seasons.
Props TZ!
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,405

Post#1287 » by TimeForChange » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:39 am

Read on Twitter
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,159

Post#1288 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:23 pm

TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

Because they were too busy thinking about what to do today/tonight in South Beach lol. And who could blame them, the season is over.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,159

Post#1289 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:25 pm

Dalek wrote:Darko isn't like Monty Williams or other established coaches so he is a bit on the clock.

Except that our FO is patient to a fault, something Masai has even admitted in a roundabout way in his last couple of PCs. When it becomes abundantly clear to everyone connected to the NBA that he needs to go, add another 4-6 months and that's when he'll be fired.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#1290 » by ArthurVandelay » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:43 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

Because they were too busy thinking about what to do today/tonight in South Beach lol. And who could blame them, the season is over.

Hopefully they bounce back because, while the playoffs seedings and tiebreaks mostly go Pacers way, for the draft it turns into coin flips. So still a world where Pacers select 15 with multiple ties if they are unlucky on coin tosses.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1291 » by Scase » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:15 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Dalek wrote:Darko isn't like Monty Williams or other established coaches so he is a bit on the clock.

Except that our FO is patient to a fault, something Masai has even admitted in a roundabout way in his last couple of PCs. When it becomes abundantly clear to everyone connected to the NBA that he needs to go, add another 4-6 months and that's when he'll be fired.

I think hanging onto FVV/Siakam for like 2 years too long, after being here for 7ish prior, is a significantly different situation, than a coach who hasn't even been here 10 months and has had an insane amount of roster changes.

It's been made acutely evident that their focus has been on getting the offence prioritized, I'm not sure what people are expecting from a rookie coach with this much roster turmoil.
Props TZ!
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,651

Post#1292 » by sbsat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:32 pm

Scase wrote:
ash_k wrote:
tanuki1031 wrote:Not a good sign when the primary endorsements are coming from Temple and GTJ.

and it didnt look good when RJ and IQ laughed at his "teaching" on the bench , a few games ago. And after all those guys have had legendary coaches (Coack K, John Calipari & Thibodeau)

Sure is a good thing that coach k, calipari, and thibs were all legends in their rookie seasons.

Thibs won 62 games in his first season as a nba head coach, a 21 game improvement over the previous year.
ash_k
RealGM

Post#1293 » by ash_k » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:41 pm

sbsat wrote:
Scase wrote:
ash_k wrote:and it didnt look good when RJ and IQ laughed at his "teaching" on the bench , a few games ago. And after all those guys have had legendary coaches (Coack K, John Calipari & Thibodeau)

Thibs won 62 games in his first season as a nba head coach, a 21 game improvement over the previous year.

someone that has followed in NBA! You could even go into His Boston Celtics days and being the known mastermind as an assistant coach of that best defense to the NBA Title.
John Calipari came into the NBA having turned UMass into a powerhouse with players like 'our' Marcus Camby
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,174

Post#1294 » by HiJiNX » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:57 pm

ash_k wrote:

Clip?? I missed it.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Scase
RealGM

Post#1295 » by Scase » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:14 pm

ash_k wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Scase wrote:Sure is a good thing that coach k, calipari, and thibs were all legends in their rookie seasons.

someone that has followed in NBA! You could even go into His Boston Celtics days and being the known mastermind as an assistant coach of that best defense to the NBA Title.
John Calipari came into the NBA having turned UMass into a powerhouse with players like 'our' Marcus Camby

Cool, when does Darko get an MVP Derrick Rose? I'm sure Nurse would've won a chip in his rookie HC year if we didn't have Kawhi too right?

Calipari's first season of 26-56, 4 less wins than the previous year....oh what's that, the Raps are 25-56? Nothing to see here I'm sure. And with his exceptional .391 winning record in the NBA and getting fired after going 3-17, never to coach in the NBA again.

Exceptional disingenuous arguments, I tip my hat to you.
Props TZ!
ash_k
RealGM

Post#1296 » by ash_k » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:36 pm

HiJiNX wrote:
ash_k wrote:

Clip?? I missed it.

No biggie, he tried to teach them as they were in street clothing and RJ held it in and then cracked up ...The point being RJ and IQ had only experienced the highest-standards of coaching until Darko (and that is just a fact!) Like I mentioned earlier, if Bud is ready to come back then Masai should jump on him! with his proven track record of building (young)teams to the very top (ATL and Milwaukee)
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,083

Post#1297 » by mihaic » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:46 pm

Dalek wrote:
Scase wrote:

The Bucks probably regretted it 10 games in. For sure they regret it now.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,651

Post#1298 » by sbsat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:52 am

Scase wrote:
ash_k wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Cool, when does Darko get an MVP Derrick Rose? I'm sure Nurse would've won a chip in his rookie HC year if we didn't have Kawhi too right?

Calipari's first season of 26-56, 4 less wins than the previous year....oh what's that, the Raps are 25-56? Nothing to see here I'm sure. And with his exceptional .391 winning record in the NBA and getting fired after going 3-17, never to coach in the NBA again.

Exceptional disingenuous arguments, I tip my hat to you.

Calipari was thrown out of the league with that record he wasn’t fit to be n no coach. Do you get it yet? Darko was given a flawed roster but it had talent
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,405

Post#1299 » by TimeForChange » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:02 am

my new favorite youtuber :lol:

Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,155

Post#1300 » by Chandan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:49 am

TimeForChange wrote:my new favorite youtuber :lol: