ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Raps sign Jalen Mcdaniels 2 years/$9.3M

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

raincityraptors
Junior
And1: 714

Re: Shams: Raps sign Jalen Mcdaniels 2 years/$9.3M 

Post#481 » by raincityraptors » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

This guy is a walking Shaqtin' A Fool highlight reel.

When I saw our 2way G-League player come in for him I felt relief.

Relief . . .

Sending him to the Clippers is a great idea actually . . .
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,170

Post#482 » by TorontoBarneys » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

The Longbois concept died with this atrocious signing.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#483 » by raptor jesus » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

If the player who was betting unders on his own props went unnamed, I would have confidently guessed it was McDaniels.
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,975

Post#484 » by vulture » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:38 pm

Is he masai’s worst free agent signing?
Baynes wasn’t as bad as this guy and he has one more left on his contract.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,858

Post#485 » by Duffman100 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:39 pm

I had such high hopes for him. Oops.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,144

Post#486 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:41 pm

djsunyc wrote:he's a good project to gauge how our development staff does.

man this thread is a pretty good demonstration that as a fan base we really have no clue. Well, neither did masai.
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,975

Post#487 » by vulture » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:51 pm

Duffman100 wrote:I had such high hopes for him. Oops.

Me too. He wasn’t this bad in charlotte and Philly.
It’s crazy how bad he’s been.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,219

Post#488 » by Dalek » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:12 pm

I have followed this kid from his SDSU time and he has always been a tease. Good size and some instincts on defense, but he almost seems too uncoordinated and lacking motor to make it all work. It is stupid that we are stuck with him for another year. Between him and Nwora, I can't figure out which player makes me more upset.

This year has brought us IQ and Barrett and Olynyk but the guys who make me wonder what Bobby and Masai were thinking:

McDaniels (2 guaranteed years?)
Nwora (no real need to add him into the deal)
Bruce Brown (really the best Indy could offer?)
Agbaji (stuck with a guy who is invisible on offense and a bit overrated on defense)

Really, the only unexpected bright spot has been emergence of Javon Freeman-Liberty.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,084

Post#489 » by MiamiSPX » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:12 pm

He's been so bad that he's not worth keeping around in the hopes he becomes something. Just waive him.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Post#490 » by DelAbbot » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:24 pm

Dalek wrote:I have followed this kid from his SDSU time and he has always been a tease. Good size and some instincts on defense, but he almost seems too uncoordinated and lacking motor to make it all work. It is stupid that we are stuck with him for another year. Between him and Nwora, I can't figure out which player makes me more upset.

This year has brought us IQ and Barrett and Olynyk but the guys who make me wonder what Bobby and Masai were thinking:

Agbaji (stuck with a guy who is invisible on offense and a bit overrated on defense)

Really, the only unexpected bright spot has been emergence of Javon Freeman-Liberty.

Don't forget to add Stanley Johnson
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,686

Post#491 » by Vampirate » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:33 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:He's been so bad that he's not worth keeping around in the hopes he becomes something. Just waive him.

Meh he's an expiring, so that has value.

Failed signing, but I can definitely don't blame Masai on this one, his track record prior to this year suggests much better. At the very least he helped in getting to better possible draft position¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The biggest dodge of a bullet has been GTJ, good enough to keep us from a top 10 pick, no actual upside and would be a lengthy contract.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#492 » by Scase » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:34 pm

Dalek wrote:I have followed this kid from his SDSU time and he has always been a tease. Good size and some instincts on defense, but he almost seems too uncoordinated and lacking motor to make it all work. It is stupid that we are stuck with him for another year. Between him and Nwora, I can't figure out which player makes me more upset.

And the real concern is that those types of signings panning out in the past, is how we built a bench mob and won a chip. Getting a solid starting 5 in the NBA is not hard, it's the bench that is, and our FO has been horrendous at it for like 5 years.
Props TZ!
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,885

Post#493 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:34 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:He's been so bad that he's not worth keeping around in the hopes he becomes something. Just waive him.

Agreed. Would rather give the roster spot to someone that will actually play like they give a sh*t.

McDaniels' body language is TOXIC. His teammates on the bench don't even both raising their arm or standing up prematurely when he shoots, because they know he's gonna miss.

Get this bum off our team.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Scase
RealGM

Post#494 » by Scase » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:40 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:

Agreed. Would rather give the roster spot to someone that will actually play like they give a sh*t.

McDaniels' body language is TOXIC. His teammates on the bench don't even both raising their arm or standing up prematurely when he shoots, because they know he's gonna miss.

This you?

LoveMyRaps wrote:Y’all be complaining about anything and everything.

Like bruh, learn to smile.

Why do I see the same people that are constantly complaining about the bench crying about this signing?

And this?

LoveMyRaps wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:Man! such a solid get

;ab_channel=BrockKnowsBall

Terrific signing. When I saw the terms of the contract, I was thrilled.
People complaining about this signing are legitimate casuals.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Props TZ!
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,144

Post#495 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:41 pm

Vampirate wrote:

Meh he's an expiring, so that has value.

Failed signing, but I can definitely don't blame Masai on this one, his track record prior to this year suggests much better. At the very least he helped in getting to better possible draft position¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The biggest dodge of a bullet has been GTJ, good enough to keep us from a top 10 pick, no actual upside and would be a lengthy contract.

watch masai extend GTJ for 25 mil a year.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,885

Post#496 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:03 pm

Scase wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

This you?

Why do I see the same people that are constantly complaining about the bench crying about this signing?

And this?

LoveMyRaps wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:Man! such a solid get

;ab_channel=BrockKnowsBall

First comment still holds true, and applies to people like you. Love to complain about anything and everything without even giving it a chance. Just like when we got RJ and you were constantly sh*tting on him before he even took the floor.

Here you are comparing the McDaniels signing to the RJ acquisition:

Scase wrote:I see a lot of similarities with how people reacted after we got McDaniels, and I see a lot of people who will be disappointed again.

Scase wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
Scase wrote:I see a lot of similarities with how people reacted after we got McDaniels, and I see a lot of people who will be disappointed again.

If you’re honestly comparing McDaniels to Barrett in any way shape or form I’m sorry man but I can’t trust your basketball evaluation skills. McDaniels was trash from the get go. Barrett was a top 3 pick for a reason. He has game. Has he reached his potential, no. But 10 times the player McDaniels is in his sleep. McDaniels is barely an nba player. Barrett actually has nba level skills.

I wasn't comparing their games, I was comparing the way people expected McDaniels to come in and be good. Same way people think that RJ is going to be a good addition to the team, and not like he's salary filler.

Rj is going to come in, shoot horrendously and be inefficient as he has every single year of his career, the dude AVERAGES a 51.8% TS%. People hated FVV, boy oh boy they are going to LOATHE him.

RJ is currently 167 out of 200 qualifying players for TS%.

Too many people commenting about his inclusion in the trade, and how he's going to be a "good running mate with Scottie" don't watch knicks/non raps games. And they are in for a rude awakening when they see him play.

Great call man.

But yes at the end of the day, I was wrong about McDaniels and had hoped he'd pan out to be a decent role player. I can admit when I'm wrong.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Scase
RealGM

Post#497 » by Scase » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:09 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Scase wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

This you?

And this?

LoveMyRaps wrote:

First comment still holds true, and applies to people like you. Love to complain about anything and everything without even giving it a chance. Just like when we got RJ and you were constantly sh*tting on him before he even took the floor.

Scase wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
If you’re honestly comparing McDaniels to Barrett in any way shape or form I’m sorry man but I can’t trust your basketball evaluation skills. McDaniels was trash from the get go. Barrett was a top 3 pick for a reason. He has game. Has he reached his potential, no. But 10 times the player McDaniels is in his sleep. McDaniels is barely an nba player. Barrett actually has nba level skills.

I wasn't comparing their games, I was comparing the way people expected McDaniels to come in and be good. Same way people think that RJ is going to be a good addition to the team, and not like he's salary filler.

Rj is going to come in, shoot horrendously and be inefficient as he has every single year of his career, the dude AVERAGES a 51.8% TS%. People hated FVV, boy oh boy they are going to LOATHE him.

Too many people commenting about his inclusion in the trade, and how he's going to be a "good running mate with Scottie" don't watch knicks/non raps games. And they are in for a rude awakening when they see him play.

Great call man.

But yes at the end of the day, I was wrong about McDaniels and had hoped he'd pan out to be a decent role player. I can admit when I'm wrong.

I've admitted that thus far I've been wrong about RJ in other threads. RJ has been better than expected, on a bad team. Jalen was worse than expected, on a bad team lol.

Difference is, I never blanket called people "legitimate casuals" for holding a differing opinion.
Props TZ!
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,166

Post#498 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:23 pm

Scase wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Scase wrote:This you?

And this?

Scase wrote:I wasn't comparing their games, I was comparing the way people expected McDaniels to come in and be good. Same way people think that RJ is going to be a good addition to the team, and not like he's salary filler.

Great call man.

I've admitted that thus far I've been wrong about RJ in other threads. RJ has been better than expected, on a bad team. Jalen was worse than expected, on a bad team lol.

Difference is, I never blanket called people "legitimate casuals" for holding a differing opinion.

**** stop man.

You have called people much worse because they do not agree with you. You cant take the high road here.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,084

Post#499 » by MiamiSPX » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:28 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:

I'd be okay with keeping him if someone could point to a single, solitary thing he does well, because I haven't seen a damn thing. Love the attempt....it didn't work out (AT ALL)...time to cut bait.
tanuki1031
Starter
And1: 3,349

Post#500 » by tanuki1031 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:00 pm

The guy seriously looked at the league minimum offer from the Sixers and said "nah I can't do that" and sight unseen our front office came over the top with "Neither can we - we'll triple it!"

Return to Toronto Raptors