ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors record prediction for 23-24

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,153

Re: Raptors record prediction for 23-24 

Post#261 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:48 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Johnny Bball always seems so damn miserable loll.

Kind of related, Fred actually mentioned that he realized the amount of hate he was getting on social media and that he saw the writing on the wall.

I wasn't a fan of the way Fred talked and played the last season but Masai not getting a reliable backup PG put far too much pressure on him to perform at all times. He was overly used and took a lot of heat as a result.

yeah its me that's miserable and compaining 10 times a day about the same old tired ****. :roll:

When we complain, we truly think we're attempting to call out areas that can make a team/franchise we care about better. It doesn't come out of misery in any way, well except when we're watching a total crap product lol.

Some of us just have higher standards and opening discussion on how to improve. Doesn't always mean we're right but definitely doesn't mean we're always wrong lol.

Come on. When its 10 times a day and there's a constant axe to grind, its not talking basketball anymore. I think there's more than a few people here that are entirely tone deaf to how they sound, here and probably everywhere. And some know exactly how they sound and its intentional .

Lol at anyone thinking its just "they have higher standards" here.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,368

Post#262 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:52 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
yeah its me that's miserable and compaining 10 times a day about the same old tired ****. :roll:

When we complain, we truly think we're attempting to call out areas that can make a team/franchise we care about better. It doesn't come out of misery in any way, well except when we're watching a total crap product lol.

Some of us just have higher standards and opening discussion on how to improve. Doesn't always mean we're right but definitely doesn't mean we're always wrong lol.

Come on. When its 10 times a day and there's a constant axe to grind, its not talking basketball. I think there's more than a few people here that are entirely tone deaf to how they sound. And some know exactly how they sound and its intentional .

I can't speak for anyone but I definitely have higher standards for Masai simply due to his track record and what he's being paid. Even with all my complaining, I've always maintained that there are very few front offices I would take over him.

We're all just hoping he reverts back to what made Masai great. Let's Make Masai Great Again lol.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,127

Post#263 » by Potential » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:07 am

Potential wrote:Scottie/Schroder/Flynn
GTJ/Gradey/Otto/Weez
OG/Otto/McDaniels
Siakam/Achiuwa/McDaniels/Thad
Poeltl/Koloko/Boucher

I'm confident Siakam will carry us to 29 wins ImageImage

Nice prediction
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,148

Post#264 » by DelAbbot » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:05 am

Potential wrote:
Potential wrote:Scottie/Schroder/Flynn
GTJ/Gradey/Otto/Weez
OG/Otto/McDaniels
Siakam/Achiuwa/McDaniels/Thad
Poeltl/Koloko/Boucher

I'm confident Siakam will carry us to 29 wins ImageImage

Nice prediction

You can't fool me. you made that prediction in sarcasm
MoneyBall
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#265 » by MoneyBall » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:58 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
MoneyBall wrote:
ciueli wrote:
And it was still over unless they all of the last 3 games are wins.

Yeah that's nuts. I just sifted through the first six pages and it was he and another guy predicting 28 wins.

I bet he even predicted season ending injuries to Poeltl and Barnes and trading Siakam and OG to get there.

Anyone jerking about their past prediction in this thread is nothing more than a blind squirrel finding a nut, with everything else that happened this year.

Dude, chill.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,773

Post#266 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:50 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Come on. When its 10 times a day and there's a constant axe to grind, its not talking basketball anymore. I think there's more than a few people here that are entirely tone deaf to how they sound, here and probably everywhere. And some know exactly how they sound and its intentional .

You're schtick's attacking anyone who disagrees with Masai's vision, talk about an axe to grind.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,334

Post#267 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:34 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

The fact he throws out the "we just have higher standards" line and does not realize how much of a d-bag that makes him sound is all you really need to know.

Not the first time I have read some posters use that line either - they have legitimately convinced themselves they are just superior because they apparently are the only ones with standards :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,986

Post#268 » by Los_29 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:49 pm

This is probably a 30-35 win team with everyone healthy. I thought this team would be bad but didn’t think they would be this bad.
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,375

Post#269 » by TorontoRapsFan » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:47 pm

:( I shamed myself with this year's
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#270 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:58 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

The fact he throws out the "we just have higher standards" line and does not realize how much of a d-bag that makes him sound is all you really need to know.

Not the first time I have read some posters use that line either - they have legitimately convinced themselves they are just superior because they apparently are the only ones with standards :lol:

When people like you who blindly support every move the team makes even when it has us in our current dilemma, it's very easy to say. We as fans have the right to complain and hold the team who are charging an arm and a leg to watch their product to be much better.

People on our side think you are "yes men who like to gargle nuts frequently" because you prefer not to think differently. I still remember I had to explain to you on multiple occasions on how important having a Center was in basketball and you'd try to throw out numbers to make yourself seem smart but were always showing a complete lack of understanding of how basketball works.

This was called out from 2021 to you in particular and look where we are. We are dying to get another Center because the team falls apart when our only Center in Poeltl gets hurt. You should thank me for trying to educate u over the years :)
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#271 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:02 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

When people like you who blindly support every move the team makes even when it has us in our current dilemma, it's very easy to say. We as fans have the right to complain and hold the team who are charging an arm and a leg to watch their product to be much better.

People on our side think you are "yes men who like to gargle nuts frequently" because you prefer not to think differently. I still remember I had to explain to you on multiple occasions on how important having a Center was in basketball and you'd try to throw out numbers to make yourself seem smart but were always showing a complete lack of understanding of how basketball works :)

I don't "blindly" support every move the team makes. There are moves I like and don't like. Now, I don't go into THIS IS THE WORST MOVE EVER MADE FIRE MASAI, which a lot of the board seems to mistake for blind support.

And like come on man, you follow up your last post with saying that I am a "yes men who like to gargle nuts frequently" and that I "showing a complete lack of understanding of how basketball works"

Like really - go **** yourself. You like to play this "both sides" angle yet it is always your side who seems to resort to **** like this? Any of the guys you guys like to call "apologists" are generally pretty pleasant people who just want to talk basketball. Not sure I can say the same for you or your cabal.

But either way re: the center comment - you never listened to what anyone else had to say and resorted to personal attacks back then. Why would that be any different now?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#272 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:07 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:The fact he throws out the "we just have higher standards" line and does not realize how much of a d-bag that makes him sound is all you really need to know.

People on our side think you are "yes men who like to gargle nuts frequently" because you prefer not to think differently. I still remember I had to explain to you on multiple occasions on how important having a Center was in basketball and you'd try to throw out numbers to make yourself seem smart but were always showing a complete lack of understanding of how basketball works :)

I don't "blindly" support every move the team makes. There are moves I like and don't like. Now, I don't go into THIS IS THE WORST MOVE EVER MADE FIRE MASAI, which a lot of the board seems to mistake for blind support.

And like come on man, you follow up your last post with saying that I am a "yes men who like to gargle nuts frequently" and that I "showing a complete lack of understanding of how basketball works"

Like really - go **** yourself. You like to play this "both sides" angle yet it is always your side who seems to resort to **** like this? Any of the guys you guys like to call "apologists" are generally pretty pleasant people who just want to talk basketball. Not sure I can say the same for you or your cabal.

But either way re: the center comment - you never listened to what anyone else had to say and resorted to personal attacks back then. Why would that be any different now?

Dude, you called me a d-bag first and are now gonna cry because I came back at you. Man up or don't throw the first stone lol.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,153

Post#273 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

You're schtick's attacking anyone who disagrees with Masai's vision, talk about an axe to grind.

I barely post here anymore. And that's not my schtick. If you would only use minimal brainpower to figure out what it actually was.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,236

Post#274 » by niQ » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:10 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Dude, you called me a d-bag first and are now gonna cry because I came back at you. Man up or don't throw the first stone lol.

Enough with the personal attacks, both of you. Warnings will be next.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,811

Post#275 » by ConSarnit » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:47 pm

MoneyBall wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
MoneyBall wrote:Yeah that's nuts. I just sifted through the first six pages and it was he and another guy predicting 28 wins.

I bet he even predicted season ending injuries to Poeltl and Barnes and trading Siakam and OG to get there.

Anyone jerking about their past prediction in this thread is nothing more than a blind squirrel finding a nut, with everything else that happened this year.

Dude, chill.

Johnny conveniently ignoring that even before the OG trade we were on a 32 win pace. Those 28 win predictions were closer than most, even before the entire roster flipped over.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#276 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:51 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
MoneyBall wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Dude, chill.

Johnny conveniently ignoring that even before the OG trade we were on a 32 win pace. Those 28 win predictions were closer than most, even before the entire roster flipped over.

We've been the 7th worst team consistently all year and that was with a healthy roster. All tanking did was move us down 1 spot in the standings. I understand we've been moving down that 1 spot in an embarrassing fashion but this has always been a bad team lol.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,811

Post#277 » by ConSarnit » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:56 pm

TorontoRapsFan wrote::( I shamed myself with this year's

No shame at all. As you can see there are many posters who won’t admit defeat no matter how wrong they were. I too thought we would be better with Poeltl for a full season, Barnes improving + better depth. It sure seemed like a team with a wide birth as far as win/losses could have gone. This team has a lot of question marks once FVV walked for nothing (not that I thought our ceiling with him was overly high).
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#278 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:19 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
MoneyBall wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Dude, chill.

Although we were 12-19 when OG got traded, we also were on like a 3-10 skid at that time which mostly could be attributed to OG/Siakam having half their foot out the door. The effort level for that month or so until the trades all finished was downright pathetic.

Pretty sure if we shot those trade rumors down immediately and OG/Siakam did not know behind the scenes they were gone in a few weeks we are not 12-19. We also are probably not 19-12, but closer to the play-in territory.

We have been abysmal since the trades. Literally worst NRTG and 2nd worst record in the league since Jan 17.
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 2,967

Post#279 » by TheGeneral99 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:26 pm

niQ wrote:At first glance, I thought OP was predicting us to win 23 to 24 games this year. Though, if Pascal is traded, it might not be that far off.

Close enough.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,986

Post#280 » by Los_29 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:23 am

Losing Fred was a much bigger loss than most people anticipated. It’s funny now seeing all the posts that claimed we could win 40-45 games this year because losing Fred was an “addition by subtraction.”

We weren’t going to be a good team this year replacing Fred with Schroeder. Plain and simple. We even had Scottie breakout and we still stunk.

Return to Toronto Raptors