ImageImageImageImageImage

Nowell: I will make history as the best Raptor to ever put on the uniform

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,658

Re: Nowell: I will make history as the best Raptor to ever put on the uniform 

Post#401 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

Dalek wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:I could swear I saw Nowell playing for an NBA team the other night, a guy his size anyway. But I only watched for a minute and now I forget the team and who was playing. Guess it wasn't him.

So he's been out injured, now coming back to 905, is that it?

Maybe Isaiah Thomas who played for the Suns recently:

Similar stature and had a great career despite his height issues. I think Nowell is an even better special floor general.

I know people like to hate on the kid, but I think eventually Nowell should get some run in the NBA. Nowell had great defensive and offensive analytics in college, and in the G-League Showcase Cup where he played 9 games he had 15 PPG 10 AST and 2 STL per game. If not for the injury, he was on-track to get NBA attention.

The fact that the Raptors want to retain him in their farm system, shows he is valued.

Yeah it must have been IT, thanks. Makes sense
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#402 » by Scase » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:45 pm

DSWC wrote:This is the exact kind of player that should be getting some burn at this time of year. We can 'mask' it as player development, and we actually see what he has.

Still hoping for the guy!

Does it matter, we don't need to mask anything. We may not win another game for the rest of the season with or without him lol.
Props TZ!
dublo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 439

Post#403 » by dublo7 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:17 am

I hope we see him during this few weeks with the raps. That's what these weeks are for ie Sept MLB call ups.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Free advice is seldom cheap. ROA#59
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,857

Post#404 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:37 am

dublo7 wrote:I hope we see him during this few weeks with the raps. That's what these weeks are for ie Sept MLB call ups.

I like how we are getting to see how big of a scrub guys like this are with the playing time available. It means we can just cut them all at the end of the season without realgm continuing to fantasize about these terrible players who apparently "just don't get a shot".
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,658

Post#405 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:09 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
dublo7 wrote:I hope we see him during this few weeks with the raps. That's what these weeks are for ie Sept MLB call ups.

I like how we are getting to see how big of a scrub guys like this are with the playing time available. It means we can just cut them all at the end of the season without realgm continuing to fantasize about these terrible players who apparently "just don't get a shot".

And then Masai can bring in a new set of scrubs to summer league and the cycle of raising Realgm hopes can start over again
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,144

Post#406 » by Chandan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:32 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

If NinjaBro wrote this post then we might be looking at mvp level performance from Nowell for the rest of the season.
Scase
RealGM

Post#407 » by Scase » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:29 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

And then Masai can bring in a new set of scrubs to summer league and the cycle of raising Realgm hopes can start over again

And then after we cut them for doing nothing, they will go onto have like 5 good games on a bottom 5 team, and we'll see a string of threads and posts about how they were the one that got away.
Props TZ!
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,436

Post#408 » by Morse Code » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:38 pm

Scase wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

And then after we cut them for doing nothing, they will go onto have like 5 good games on a bottom 5 team, and we'll see a string of threads and posts about how they were the one that got away.
Lol yeah that definitely happens. But there were some misses for sure. Hassan Whiteside, Gary Payton II, to name a few.

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,144

Post#409 » by Chandan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:25 pm

Scase wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

I still dont understand how Cameron Payne keeps finding jobs on legit good teams (and get playing time as well)
Scase
RealGM

Post#410 » by Scase » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:27 am

Morse Code wrote:
Scase wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:And then Masai can bring in a new set of scrubs to summer league and the cycle of raising Realgm hopes can start over again

Lol yeah that definitely happens. But there were some misses for sure. Hassan Whiteside, Gary Payton II, to name a few.

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Yeah there's always a few here and there, but people act like we let Lebron walk :lol:
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors