ImageImageImageImageImage

Nowell: I will make history as the best Raptor to ever put on the uniform

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,808

Re: Nowell: I will make history as the best Raptor to ever put on the uniform 

Post#361 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Mar 5, 2024 1:36 am

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,808

Post#362 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Mar 5, 2024 1:37 am

The guy was signed as a way to pay him more to play for the 905. Because the 905 has had no depth.

Why the hell would anyone talk about too many people thinking he was going to play in the NBA or be Isiah Thomas, like that was the reason he was signed :crazy:
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,559

Post#363 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:07 am

There’s a reason only a handful of short players have ever made it in the NBA
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,857

Post#364 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:33 am

Guy was an absolute joke. Maybe he should have left his NYC swag at the door.
HoopAndTheHarm
Pro Prospect
And1: 588

Post#365 » by HoopAndTheHarm » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:38 am

HoopAndTheHarm wrote:It's a typo. He forgot to add "905".

Apparently I gave him too much credit. :lol:
I've got a belt on that's holding up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up my belt. I don't know what's really happening down there. Who is the real hero? - Mitch Hedberg
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#366 » by Kurtz » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:20 am

Scase wrote:Now I'm not laughing here at the guy being waived, that sucks. But rather at the ridiculous statement he made, and all the clueless people thinking that he is/was good enough for an NBA roster at 5'7 with no shot.

People who gleefully cheer for an underdog's failure (especially due to injury) are surely winners in real life.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,287

Post#367 » by Scase » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:52 am

Kurtz wrote:
Scase wrote:Now I'm not laughing here at the guy being waived, that sucks. But rather at the ridiculous statement he made, and all the clueless people thinking that he is/was good enough for an NBA roster at 5'7 with no shot.

People who gleefully cheer for an underdog's failure (especially due to injury) are surely winners in real life.

People who don't understand the definition of cheering, are surely well-read and intelligent, and definitely should be slinging insults.
Props TZ!
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,649

Post#368 » by sbsat » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:35 pm

Scase wrote:
Kurtz wrote:

People who don't understand the definition of cheering, are surely well-read and intelligent, and definitely should be slinging insults.

Who did he hurt by making that statement? Who did he disrespect? Who tf cares if he motivates himself by trying to manifest the unlikeliest of things. You ppl like complaining about the dumbest things.

All the best to him he flashed some good things
Tripod
Head Coach
And1: 6,291

Post#369 » by Tripod » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:10 am

sbsat wrote:
Scase wrote:
Kurtz wrote:

Who did he hurt by making that statement? Who did he disrespect? Who tf cares if he motivates himself by trying to manifest the unlikeliest of things. You ppl like complaining about the dumbest things.

He just made himself sound delusional. His choice.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#370 » by sbsat » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:15 am

Tripod wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Scase wrote:People who don't understand the definition of cheering, are surely well-read and intelligent, and definitely should be slinging insults.

Sure but hes made it further along than 99% of ppl who embark on this journey. Is he that delusional?
BetterCallSaul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,523

Post#371 » by BetterCallSaul » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:19 am

sbsat wrote:
Tripod wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Sure but hes made it further along than 99% of ppl who embark on this journey. Is he that delusional?

To pursue basketball and get drafted as a 5'7 player probably requires a lot of "delusion" in the first place. This mentality got him this far, he wants to dream big. I hope he makes it to the NBA one day.
Tripod
Head Coach

Post#372 » by Tripod » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:28 am

sbsat wrote:
Tripod wrote:
sbsat wrote:

When he says he will be the best Raptor of all time, and instead plays 4 minutes before getting cut, yes, he is THAT delusional.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#373 » by sbsat » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:33 am

BetterCallSaul wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Tripod wrote:He just made himself sound delusional. His choice.

To pursue basketball and get drafted as a 5'7 player probably requires a lot of "delusion" in the first place. This mentality got him this far, he wants to dream big. I hope he makes it to the NBA one day.

This. Im quite sure he has manifested this by dreaming big and setting expectations for himself that seem crazy. But what he has achieved is crazy in itself
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#374 » by sbsat » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:34 am

Tripod wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Tripod wrote:He just made himself sound delusional. His choice.

When he says he will be the best Raptor of all time, and instead plays 4 minutes before getting cut, yes, he is THAT delusional.

Cool. And when he was 15, 16 years old and yelling ppl he will make it to the nba, that sounds pretty f'n delusional too. I wish i was that delusional
Tripod
Head Coach

Post#375 » by Tripod » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:38 am

sbsat wrote:
Tripod wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Cool. And when he was 15, 16 years old and yelling ppl he will make it to the nba, that sounds pretty f'n delusional too. I wish i was that delusional

You just might be.

:wink:
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#376 » by sbsat » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:46 am

Tripod wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Tripod wrote:When he says he will be the best Raptor of all time, and instead plays 4 minutes before getting cut, yes, he is THAT delusional.

You just might be.

:wink:

Thanks
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,287

Post#377 » by Scase » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:41 am

sbsat wrote:
Scase wrote:
Kurtz wrote:

Who is complaining? I just said his statement about being the GROAT was absurd. Man, you guys defend these dudes like they are your family.

The reading comprehension on this board is in the dumpster, no one was cheering his failure, no one said anyone was hurt, disrespected or anything. I simply was laughing at the absurdity of the comment, and the predictable outcome.

Some of y'all need some English 101 classes or something. Or just stop manufacturing outrage so you can jump to the defence of imaginary statements you made up.
Props TZ!
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,144

Post#378 » by Chandan » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:44 am

Scase wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Scase wrote:People who don't understand the definition of cheering, are surely well-read and intelligent, and definitely should be slinging insults.

Who is complaining? I just said his statement about being the GROAT was absurd. Man, you guys defend these dudes like they are your family.

The reading comprehension on this board is in the dumpster, no one was cheering his failure, no one said anyone was hurt, disrespected or anything. I simply was laughing at the absurdity of the comment, and the predictable outcome.

Some of y'all need some English 101 classes or something. Or just stop manufacturing outrage so you can jump to the defence of imaginary statements you made up.

WELL... YOU ARE A BAD PERSON for not entertaining the kid (trying to make millions)
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#379 » by sbsat » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:56 am

Scase wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Ok why are you so bothered by it? Your rant and calling everyone dumb is a hell of a stronger response than "why do you guys complain".
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#380 » by Los_29 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:04 am

Nowell is a young guy. I think he will learn from this experience. It was foolish when he said it and looks even more foolish now. Wish him nothing but the best.

Return to Toronto Raptors