ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,530

Re: Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#1821 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:07 pm

that tankathon sim is wrong at the moment
3rd team should have 14% chance but cuz POR / CHAR tied they got wrong %
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,630

Post#1822 » by Jcity08 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:08 pm

Duffman100 wrote:I did 5 sims,

We got 3 twice, 2 once, and then 7 and 8

I ran the sim 10 times and we kept our pick only twice and 8 times we conveyed either a 7th or 8th pick. :ouch:

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,154

Post#1823 » by Chandan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:11 pm

Scase wrote:
dohboy_24 wrote:
metafisical wrote:We have a lot to discuss over the off-season, so hopefully the tWo thread doesn't die down after the draft lottery.

If everyone is healthy and assuming IQ is re-signed and GTj not, I can see us being a play-in, at best. Mediocrity again.

I remember we (tWo) were ripped apart early this season for lacking faith and not giving the team a chance LMAO. It looks like we had the foresight and everyone else was wrong...again. When you lack talent, there's only one direction you will head to in the standings and that's down. Hopefully Team Mediocre peeps will be a bit more realistic and open-minded about the Raptors chances next season.

To make the play-in tournament, we will probably need to win somewhere between 35 to 40 games next season.

Depth chart for next season:
G - IQ, Dick, Brown
F - Scottie, RJ, Ochai, McDaniels
C - Jakob, KO, Boucher

That's 10 players.

If we keep all of our rookies in this draft and they each play somewhere between 15 to 25 minutes per game, they could fill in the rest of the active roster and eat up around 60 of the 240 playable minutes per game. That's 25% of the playing time going to rookies.

Even if that's closer to 15% or 20% of the available minutes to be played, along with the playing time going to Dick, Ochai and McDaniels and the continued development and growth of IQ, RJ, and Scottie, winning more than 45% of our games and making the play-in tournament is definitely the best-case scenario.

If not, we'll be among the bottom 10 teams in the league and in the draft lottery again next year.

Given the protections on our pick, we'd definitely have an incentive to tank again during the last 20 games of the season if that's the direction we're headed, so it will be interesting to see what happens with the draft lottery this year as we could potentially keep our pick in both this draft and the 2025 draft if things work out for us.

That is one anemic looking depth chart, sweet christ.

Brown is terrible, and with any luck will not be here next year. Ochai is more and more looking like a waste of NBA minutes, McD is absolutely a waste of NBA minutes, and Boucher couldn't sniff the court last year. That gives us 6 players.

At best we fight for the play in, but if we suffer even a reasonable level of injuries, we are cooked. This is why I really want us to continue to burn it down and tank next year, this team has a severe lack of talent, and we aren't gonna fix that in a singular year, even worse if we lose our pick.

i assume if they let GTJ go for nothing they will sign a FA on the market. There's a decent selection of Gs this year.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,034

Post#1824 » by NotMyKawhi » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:17 pm

I have a feeling someone behind us will move up, we will be heartbroken and then we will move up as well.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#1825 » by Scase » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:52 pm

Chandan wrote:
Scase wrote:
dohboy_24 wrote:
To make the play-in tournament, we will probably need to win somewhere between 35 to 40 games next season.

Depth chart for next season:
G - IQ, Dick, Brown
F - Scottie, RJ, Ochai, McDaniels
C - Jakob, KO, Boucher

That's 10 players.

If we keep all of our rookies in this draft and they each play somewhere between 15 to 25 minutes per game, they could fill in the rest of the active roster and eat up around 60 of the 240 playable minutes per game. That's 25% of the playing time going to rookies.

Even if that's closer to 15% or 20% of the available minutes to be played, along with the playing time going to Dick, Ochai and McDaniels and the continued development and growth of IQ, RJ, and Scottie, winning more than 45% of our games and making the play-in tournament is definitely the best-case scenario.

If not, we'll be among the bottom 10 teams in the league and in the draft lottery again next year.

Given the protections on our pick, we'd definitely have an incentive to tank again during the last 20 games of the season if that's the direction we're headed, so it will be interesting to see what happens with the draft lottery this year as we could potentially keep our pick in both this draft and the 2025 draft if things work out for us.

That is one anemic looking depth chart, sweet christ.

Brown is terrible, and with any luck will not be here next year. Ochai is more and more looking like a waste of NBA minutes, McD is absolutely a waste of NBA minutes, and Boucher couldn't sniff the court last year. That gives us 6 players.

At best we fight for the play in, but if we suffer even a reasonable level of injuries, we are cooked. This is why I really want us to continue to burn it down and tank next year, this team has a severe lack of talent, and we aren't gonna fix that in a singular year, even worse if we lose our pick.

i assume if they let GTJ go for nothing they will sign a FA on the market. There's a decent selection of Gs this year.

Let's just say I am not enamoured by Masai & co.'s FA history.
Props TZ!
dohboy_24
Bench Warmer
And1: 227

Post#1826 » by dohboy_24 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:29 pm

Scase wrote:

Agreed. Best case scenario: Top 6 pick this year + Top 6 pick next year to delay the convey until 2026.
======
Raptors Tank Nation Member #11031995

DRAFT BOARD:
G: Castle, Pate, Walter, Collier, George, McCain, Carrington, Alexander
F: Buzelis, Holland, Risacher, Salaun, Flowers, Chomche, Evans Jr.
C: Clingan, Filipowski, Ware, Holmes II, Onyenso
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,747

Post#1827 » by metafisical » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:27 am

I ran the sim 10 times. We got #1 5 times, and in the other 5 times, pick number 1 was conveyed to us in exchange for our Detroit 2nd rounder. And Wemby and SGA demanded a trade to us.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
dohboy_24
Bench Warmer
And1: 227

Post#1828 » by dohboy_24 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:58 am

LOL... that would definitely stack the odds in our favor...

Sim #1 - #8 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #2 - #7 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #3 - #7 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #4 - #7 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #5 - #3 pick retained by the Raptors.
Sim #6 - #7 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #7 - #1 pick retained by the Raptors.
Sim #8 - #3 pick retained by the Raptors.
Sim #9 - #2 pick retained by the Raptors.
Sim #10 - #8 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #11 - #1 pick retained by the Raptors.
Sim #12 - #7 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #13 - #1 pick retained by the Raptors.
Sim #14 - #3 pick retained by the Raptors.
Sim #15 - #7 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #16 - #8 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #17 - #6 pick retained by the Raptors.
Sim #18 - #8 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #19 - #8 pick conveyed to the Spurs.
Sim #20 - #8 pick conveyed to the Spurs.

OUTCOMES:

#8 pick conveyed to the Spurs = 6 of 20 sims = 30%
#7 pick conveyed to the Spurs = 6 of 20 sims = 30%
#6 pick retained by the Raptors = 1 of 20 sims = 5%
#3 pick retained by the Raptors = 3 of 20 sims = 15%
#2 pick retained by the Raptors = 1 of 20 sims = 5%
#1 pick retained by the Raptors = 3 of 20 sims = 15%

While not exactly the same as our real pick odds, that's close enough to suggest any of the above could be what we end up with after the draft lottery is over.

We've done the hard work... now we have to wait until May 12th to see what happens at the draft lottery.
======
Raptors Tank Nation Member #11031995

DRAFT BOARD:
G: Castle, Pate, Walter, Collier, George, McCain, Carrington, Alexander
F: Buzelis, Holland, Risacher, Salaun, Flowers, Chomche, Evans Jr.
C: Clingan, Filipowski, Ware, Holmes II, Onyenso
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,338

Post#1829 » by WhatsaTDot » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:44 am

I expect the pick to be gone. By the time preseason starts, most will be at the acceptance stage.

This place is insufferable.
RealGM
And1: 66,485

Post#1830 » by 720 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:52 am

New footage for next year’s tank target. Fan of his for 2 years now. Can’t wait to see how he translates to college.

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,103

Post#1831 » by ItsDanger » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:11 pm

Although betting on your own team to lose was going too far.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,792

Post#1832 » by Michael Jordan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:27 pm

I ran the sim and the Raps won the 'chip while going 16-0 in the playoffs.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#1833 » by Scase » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:31 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Image

Although betting on your own team to lose was going too far.

I mean, we went 25-57, it was a smart bet.
Props TZ!
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,708

Post#1834 » by Pointgod » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:16 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:I have a feeling someone behind us will move up, we will be heartbroken and then we will move up as well.

I think we’re 50/50 to lose the pick so no big surprise. Just dumb protections from the front office

Return to Toronto Raptors