ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,558

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#1 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:28 pm

Let’s do this boys. We tank the season and we can realistically have one of the worst 6 records in the NBA, thereby increasing our odds of retaining our 2024 FRP. We can also parlay Siakam and/or OG for additional draft picks and young assets.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Re: Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#2 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:45 pm

Because 2024 is a bad draft, I'd rather give up the (#7-8) pick this year, extend Scottie next summer and be in position to tank the hell out of next season.

But it's a dangerous game, depending on the return for OG and Siakam at the trade deadline. A couple of late firsts for both of them - even if offered - isn't too enticing. I'd prefer to at least keep OG past the deadline, and see how things work without Pascal. But if we continue to suck without immediate hope of improvement, OG could very well walk in free agency.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#3 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:48 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:Because 2024 is a bad draft, I'd rather give up the (#7-8) pick this year, extend Scottie next summer and be in position to tank the hell out of next season.

But it's a dangerous game, depending on the return for OG and Siakam at the trade deadline. A couple of late firsts for both of them - even if offered - isn't too enticing. I'd prefer to at least keep OG past the deadline, and see how things work without Pascal. But if we continue to suck without immediate hope of improvement, OG could very well walk in free agency.

You never know. For example, Memphis was rumored to be after OG last deadline. At the time their draft picks were projected to be low. Now due to Ja’s suspension, etc they are at the bottom of the standings. My guess is they’ll move up once Ja is back, but my point is it’s possible what is forecast to be a low pick is actually quite favourable.
bargs4mvp
Analyst
And1: 3,043

Post#4 » by bargs4mvp » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:57 pm

We’re tanking but not intentionally. Very sad to see what this organization has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,849

Post#5 » by JShuttlesworth » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:58 pm

What happens to the pick if keep it this year? Does it turn into a future pick?

I never really thought we'd be this bad to have this be a real possibility
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,568

Post#6 » by DG88 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:59 pm

But I thought we were competing.....
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,062

Post#7 » by HumbleRen » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:01 pm

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,166

Post#8 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:04 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:Because 2024 is a bad draft, I'd rather give up the (#7-8) pick this year, extend Scottie next summer and be in position to tank the hell out of next season.

Nothing saying you can’t tank both this year, next year, and convey in 2026
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,166

Post#9 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:04 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:What happens to the pick if keep it this year? Does it turn into a future pick?

Top 6 protected 2025
Top 6 protected 2026

Then it becomes 2 seconds.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,472

Post#10 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:34 pm

Imagine tanking at the right time for a generational talent like Wemby and then coaxing a top-10 pick for an expiring role player from some bush league organization. The Spurs rebuild is off to an excellent start. This is why Pop is a HOFer.
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,142
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#11 » by PRESTIGE » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:38 pm

This season is likely a total write-off and the draft is an unknown. Best to rip the bad-aid early and convey the pick this year. Get a GS or IND frp this year as part of a package for OG/Siakam and try to find a diamond at the end of the first round.

Next year, this team will likely be much worse and we can look to add a top blue chip prospect.
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#12 » by TorontoBarneys » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:39 pm

PRESTIGE wrote:This season is likely a total write-off and the draft is an unknown. Best to rip the bad-aid early and convey the pick this year. Get a GS or IND frp this year as part of a package for OG/Siakam and try to find a diamond at the end of the first round.

Next year, this team will likely be much worse and we can look to add a top blue chip prospect.

Gotta love Scottie entering his 5th season by the time he even has the chance to play with another prospect remotely at his level.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,857

Post#13 » by Duffman100 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:40 pm

Meh I just don’t care anymore. Tank away!
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,849

Post#14 » by JShuttlesworth » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:43 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:What happens to the pick if keep it this year? Does it turn into a future pick?

Top 6 protected 2025
Top 6 protected 2026

Yikes
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#15 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:43 pm

DG88 wrote:But I thought we were competing.....

Team Compete never dies!

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#16 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:44 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

Top 6 protected 2025
Top 6 protected 2026

Pop ain't having much faith in us. Never luhved us.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#17 » by Scase » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:56 pm

For all the compete fans out there starting to open your eyes, this one is for you.

I won't take a victory lap, or say I told you so, I will simply say welcome aboard the tank train, CHOO CHOO MOTHER ****, LETS GO :rockon:
Props TZ!
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,079

Post#18 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:34 pm

I'd rather just convey it this summer, than play this dangerous game of trying to avoid it for 3 years. Masai isn't about that anyway.

Also, it wouldn't be easy. Washington, Detroit and San Antonio have the top 3 spots locked down. Portland is trying to get there. I think Ainge will sell off everything of value soon. Charlotte probably ends up down there too. No matter how hard they try, I think the Bulls and us end up in that 7-10 range.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#19 » by Scase » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:38 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:I'd rather just convey it this summer, than play this dangerous game of trying to avoid it for 3 years. Masai isn't about that anyway.

Also, it wouldn't be easy. Washington, Detroit and San Antonio have the top 3 spots locked down. Portland is trying to get there. I think Ainge will sell off everything of value soon. Charlotte probably ends up down there too. No matter how hard they try, I think the Bulls and us end up in that 7-10 range.

Masai isn't about anything anymore, only thing he's got is a bunch of treadmills. Dude might as well be running a good life fitness.
Props TZ!
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,887

Post#20 » by Tacoma » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:43 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Top 6 protected 2025
Top 6 protected 2026

Pop ain't having much faith in us. Never luhved us.

Speaking of Pop...

Masai's reputation rose greatly in 2013 trading 27 yr old Bargnani for one 1st and two 2nd round picks from NYK. NY media roasted James Dolan for being hoodwinked by the great Masai. That 1st round pick became Poeltl.

Ten years later and we similarly give up one 1st and two 2nd round picks for 27 yr old Poeltl, and Popovich more or less did to Masai what Masai did to Dolan.

How the tables have turned. Masai once vigorously voiced: "Play-in for What?!"... and then he reversed it back. Pre-championship and post-championship Masai - it's like they're two different people.

Return to Toronto Raptors