ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,771

Re: Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#1761 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:37 am

Come on all the scores are almost going our way tonight oh ya! Hooray!
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,577

Post#1762 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:35 pm

Results tonight prove our FO had no vision going into the season. It’s not a stretch we could’ve finished 5th worst if we truly tanked. Our FO was half in and half out, just like they’ve been last 4 seasons. I imagine we’ll have to endure the same madness next season.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,297

Post#1763 » by Scase » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:44 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:Results tonight prove our FO had no vision going into the season. It’s not a stretch we could’ve finished 5th worst if we truly tanked. Our FO was half in and half out, just like they’ve been last 4 seasons. I imagine we’ll have to endure the same madness next season.

Play in for what? Nah, play in for everything.
Props TZ!
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,176

Post#1764 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:47 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:Results tonight prove our FO had no vision going into the season. It’s not a stretch we could’ve finished 5th worst if we truly tanked. Our FO was half in and half out, just like they’ve been last 4 seasons. I imagine we’ll have to endure the same madness next season.

4 seasons ago we were a championship contender
3 seasons ago we got Scottie
2 seasons ago we won 48 games

You guys are just **** clueless on how team building works.

TANK TANK TANK - and then bitch when the tanking happens :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,002

Post#1765 » by NinjaBro » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:43 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

TANK TANK TANK - and then bitch when the tanking happens
And when the rebuilding is over bitch about TANK TANK TANK

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach

Post#1766 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:54 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

Thank god you and our front office know how it’s done. The trade for Poeltl and letting FVV walk for nothing are exactly how team building is done!
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,021

Post#1767 » by DelAbbot » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:04 am

2019nbachamps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Thank god you and our front office know how it’s done. The trade for Poeltl and letting FVV walk for nothing are exactly how team building is done!

Norm Powell for GTJ
Lowry for Achiuwa

So many losing trades
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,002

Post#1768 » by NinjaBro » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:18 am

DelAbbot wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:4 seasons ago we were a championship contender

TANK TANK TANK - and then bitch when the tanking happens

Norm Powell for GTJ
Lowry for Achiuwa

So many losing trades
Still upset about the Norm trade.

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,499

Post#1769 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:05 am

Sounds like the pitchforks are already out for the tank in the general media. Was listening to the JD Bunkis Podcast and guy was losing it saying fans should get their money back for tickets having to watch non-nba players.

There is no way this team will ever be able to engage in a full-season tank in this market unless it's forced on them by some early season ending injuries. Forget about pulling a Prestie and holding out SGA for all those games to tank for Chet and Giddey. Also, can you imagine going through the Hinkie process in this market? The Colangelo's would have been teleported in 2 years into that process.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,746

Post#1770 » by metafisical » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:06 am

This season has been the most fun season since 2018-19. I loved watching our losing streak. It made me proud to be the official best Raptor fan of all time.

I hope we can do a few more seasons of this so that the fair weather fans leave and only the true Raptor fans remain.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,823

Post#1771 » by TheRealDeal » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:17 am

metafisical wrote:This season has been the most fun season since 2018-19. I loved watching our losing streak. It made me proud to be the official best Raptor fan of all time.

I hope we can do a few more seasons of this so that the fair weather fans leave and only the true Raptor fans remain.

keep driving those ticket prices down! :nod:
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,499

Post#1772 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:46 am

Another clueless post. They’ve pivoted into a direction they saw as a possible path coming into the season. They clearly had this avenue planned given they re-made the roster well before the trade deadline and hired a coaching staff focused on development who clearly was never under a directive to optimize for wins at all costs.

FO has been fine over the last few years. The big mistake was letting FVV walk, I think this is the only inexcusable move Masai and Bobby have made (not made) and resulted in the Poeltl trade becoming a massive headache.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#1773 » by The Duke » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:52 am

DelAbbot wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:4 seasons ago we were a championship contender

Norm Powell for GTJ
Lowry for Achiuwa

So many losing trades

Didn’t we also semi let Serge and Gasol walk because we were surely preparing to get Giannis?

Then holding Siakam until he had barely any trade value
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach

Post#1774 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:08 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:

Another clueless post. They’ve pivoted into a direction they saw as a possible path coming into the season. They clearly had this avenue planned given they re-made the roster well before the trade deadline and hired a coaching staff focused on development who clearly was never under a directive to optimize for wins at all costs.

FO has been fine over the last few years. The big mistake was letting FVV walk, I think this is the only inexcusable move Masai and Bobby have made (not made) and resulted in the Poeltl trade becoming a massive headache.

Thank you Baghdad Bob
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,763

Post#1775 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:45 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:Sounds like the pitchforks are already out for the tank in the general media. Was listening to the JD Bunkis Podcast and guy was losing it saying fans should get their money back for tickets having to watch non-nba players.

There is no way this team will ever be able to engage in a full-season tank in this market unless it's forced on them by some early season ending injuries. Forget about pulling a Prestie and holding out SGA for all those games to tank for Chet and Giddey. Also, can you imagine going through the Hinkie process in this market? The Colangelo's would have been teleported in 2 years into that process.

These are the same blow yards who had meltdowns in July/august last year because they didn’t trade for Hunter and AJ.

Whatever these guys whine and complain about, I’d take the other side. Reactionary drama queens.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#1776 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:48 pm

The Duke wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

Norm Powell for GTJ
Lowry for Achiuwa

So many losing trades

Didn’t we also semi let Serge and Gasol walk because we were surely preparing to get Giannis?

Then holding Siakam until he had barely any trade value

Siakam never had the type of trade value we associate with an all-star or all NBA. It’s time to accept that.

And look what Ibaka and Gasol did after they left Raptors, they were washed.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#1777 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:57 pm

TheRealDeal wrote:
metafisical wrote:This season has been the most fun season since 2018-19. I loved watching our losing streak. It made me proud to be the official best Raptor fan of all time.

keep driving those ticket prices down! :nod:

Still a way to go.

Raptors 6th in overall attendance and 7th in average.

98.6% attendance (19,532/19,800)
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#1778 » by DelAbbot » Sun Apr 7, 2024 2:26 pm

Oh you are not a real fan /s
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#1779 » by DelAbbot » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:33 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:

over 70% of posters here and Raptors reddit disagree with you
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,176

Post#1780 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:17 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

over 70% of posters here and Raptors reddit disagree with you

lol dont let your hive mind echo chamber fool you
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors