ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,524

Re: Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#1661 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Only when their free agents finally forced their hand.
Traded for young players and picks, now tanking, while sitting almost all their top players. Complain about the product on the floor. You're team compete.

Should have had 1 or 2 bench players from past 1-3 years that you "developed" to step in during these times. That's the neglect. Will they learn from past mistakes? We'll see.
Yes, one or two bench guys are going to come in and replace your 4 best players. That would make the product so much better.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,864

Post#1662 » by Duffman100 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
Good thing they traded for a bunch of picks that will provide a constant flow of talent.

Only when their free agents finally forced their hand.

And there you have it, folks. The goal posts just shifted. So typical.

You missed the great conversation where he said late 1sts had no value. Then in his very next post said a late 1st could be siakam so we shouldn’t have traded it. Because of the value.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,083

Post#1663 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Only when their free agents finally forced their hand.

You missed the great conversation where he said late 1sts had no value. Then in his very next post said a late 1st could be siakam so we shouldn’t have traded it. Because of the value.

Late 1sts have low value. Yet I'm constantly pushing to get 2nd round picks. Maybe there is something misconstrued here? There was zero conversation clearly.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,864

Post#1664 » by Duffman100 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:07 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

Late 1sts have low value. Yet I'm constantly pushing to get 2nd round picks. Maybe there is something misconstrued here? There was zero conversation clearly.

lol. Except I called you in real time as did several other posters. But selective memory is fun.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect
And1: 500

Post#1665 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:08 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:They were bad before trades, before injuries, even worse afterwards. That usually indicates other teams have surpassed them. Now they need time and a new approach to improve things. Reading the excuses here is too much. Replenish the bench with young talent in the draft instead of other team's failures,

It is no surprise to most of us that teams suck when their 4 best players are injured or otherwise absent, and replaced by G leaguers. Also, just because it appears that you haven't been paying attention, I'll share that the team has taken a new approach. They've traded 2 of their formerly best players for young guys, draft picks and salary flexibility in what some folks call a rebuild. Finally, if you don't like the ticket prices, stop buying them.

You weren't paying attention in the first 2 months of the season, clearly..

Actually, I was. The team was disappointing. But let's go back to your original comment that I reacted to,"The poor product currently on the court reflects neglecting acquisition of a steady flow of young talent" The current active roster reflects injuries and extended absences of key players. Nothing else. Your comment was nonsensical, and indefensible. There is no coming back from it.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,234

Post#1666 » by Childs » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 pm

I'm still thinking we are doing another 2 years of this. Tank on.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1667 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
It is no surprise to most of us that teams suck when their 4 best players are injured or otherwise absent, and replaced by G leaguers. Also, just because it appears that you haven't been paying attention, I'll share that the team has taken a new approach. They've traded 2 of their formerly best players for young guys, draft picks and salary flexibility in what some folks call a rebuild. Finally, if you don't like the ticket prices, stop buying them.

You weren't paying attention in the first 2 months of the season, clearly..

Actually, I was. The team was disappointing. But let's go back to your original comment that I reacted to,"The poor product currently on the court reflects neglecting acquisition of a steady flow of young talent" The current active roster reflects injuries and extended absences of key players. Nothing else. Your comment was nonsensical, and indefensible. There is no coming back from it.

The current gross lineup is a direct result of failing to accumulate young talent at the end of the 15 man roster. It's not even debatable.

Hopefully they've changed their ways in this regard.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#1668 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm

I think I need to post the lineups OKC was dressing during their tank games. The whole point of tanking is to dress gross lineups by playing primarily gleague and fringe nba players.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect

Post#1669 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:You weren't paying attention in the first 2 months of the season, clearly..

The current gross lineup is a direct result of failing to accumulate young talent at the end of the 15 man roster. It's not even debatable.

Dude, now you're just embarrassing yourself. Stop digging.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1670 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:28 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

But that is the premise of my initial post. Take your own advice.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect

Post#1671 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:The current gross lineup is a direct result of failing to accumulate young talent at the end of the 15 man roster. It's not even debatable.

It seems we agree that your original post was embarrassing. Maybe there's hope for you after all.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1672 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

It seems we agree that your original post was embarrassing. Maybe there's hope for you after all.

Maybe try to understand why being passive at the draft results in poor bench depth. Meanwhile keep pushing that exception angle. Drafting your own talent is the most realistic way for this franchise to improve.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,762

Post#1673 » by ArthurVandelay » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:56 pm

Scase wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
Scase wrote:Honestly, I'm not particularly enamoured watching any of them besidfes Barnes. But if I had to rank them in order of worth watching, I'd say Barnes > IQ > RJ.

IQ has had limited time as a starter and I think he has more room to spread his wings, but I'm not expecting anything crazy like All NBA level from him. RJ is the exact same player as he was in NYC, he's just being put into better spots and way more of his baskets are coming from the team style, and being assisted on. There's nothing evolutionary about his game, he's the same player, just playing more efficiently here due to the situation.

I'd rather watch Gradey than either of those 2, but Gradey needs someone who can properly set him up....which was mostly only Scottie, so that's kinda moot.

Overall there isn't anything super exciting about watching 4/5th year players, they aren't going to massively blow up or take huge leaps, that just doesn't happen very often.

So, unless they're going to massively blow up or take huge leaps, they're not worth watching? From where I sit, watching these players grow, individually and as part of a team, is worth watching. This group, even when everyone is back, needs further additions, obviously, but it has potential, and it certainly won't drive everyone away.

That's cool, go ahead and watch, we all have different opinions. At the end of the day this is entertainment, and I won't spend hours of my day watching something that I don't think is entertaining.

When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching, but if RJ, IQ, or both come back for the last couple games of the season, it does not incentivize me to watch. Highlights are more than enough for that.

This is mind boggling.

What do you think happens during a tank? The games get played with scrubs and you’re basically watching to find a diamond in the rough, to see one or two young guys play hopefully showing growth, and to see the team play/systems evolve.

Lots of good things happening despite the losses.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,146

Post#1674 » by Chandan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 pm

Both can be right at the same time. If we are better at talent acquisition our 9th - 13th men wouldnt be guys who are barely hanging on in this league.
And if Barnes Poeltl and RJ doesn't miss time we wouldn't need to play those 9th - 13th men at all.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#1675 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 pm

The year OKC got Chet, these were typical lineups dressed by OKC towards the end of the year:

In one game they played:

Kalaiitzakis
Simpson
Hoard
Krejci
Roby
Frazier
Waters III
Robinson-Earl

In another game, they played:

McLemore
Blevins
Louzada
Perry
Hughes
K Johnson
Brown III
Elleby
Dunn
Eubanks

Some of these guys, I'm not quite sure are even real human beings.

This is what tanking looks like.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1676 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:33 pm

Memphis has GG Jackson and Vince Williams. But carry on with bad comparisons.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#1677 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:38 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Memphis has GG Jackson and Vince Williams. But carry on with bad comparisons.
Raps have two recent lottery picks in Gradey and Ochai playing.

The guy advocating for tanking doesn't even understand how tanking works.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1678 » by ItsDanger » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Memphis has GG Jackson and Vince Williams. But carry on with bad comparisons.
Raps have two recent lottery picks in Gradey and Ochai playing.

The guy advocating for tanking doesn't even understand how tanking works.

And you don't understand what I was saying with my initial post.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,294

Post#1679 » by Scase » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:03 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
Scase wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
So, unless they're going to massively blow up or take huge leaps, they're not worth watching? From where I sit, watching these players grow, individually and as part of a team, is worth watching. This group, even when everyone is back, needs further additions, obviously, but it has potential, and it certainly won't drive everyone away.

That's cool, go ahead and watch, we all have different opinions. At the end of the day this is entertainment, and I won't spend hours of my day watching something that I don't think is entertaining.

When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching, but if RJ, IQ, or both come back for the last couple games of the season, it does not incentivize me to watch. Highlights are more than enough for that.

All signs point to them coming back relatively soon. Hope that doesn't derail the tank. That said, I hate to be rude, but, do you actually listen to yourself when you post here? Just now you said, "When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching,", while 1 post ago you said, "Honestly, I'm not particularly enamoured watching any of them besidfes Barnes". Which is the real you?

All = including Barnes my friend. That's why I said if both or either of IQ/RJ come back, I won't be watching anything but highlights. My apologies if that wasn't clear enough.
Props TZ!
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,294

Post#1680 » by Scase » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:06 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
Scase wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

This is mind boggling.

What do you think happens during a tank? The games get played with scrubs and you’re basically watching to find a diamond in the rough, to see one or two young guys play hopefully showing growth, and to see the team play/systems evolve.

Lots of good things happening despite the losses.

It's mind boggling to have better things to do? Is it really that confusing of a concept to you, that I have things I'd rather be doing than watch McDaniels, Brown, etc stink it up on a court and get blown out by 45 points? Like man, spend your free time how you wish, but that's not my definition of a good time.

I'm not here to watch a bunch of g league players who will never crack the actual roster play, I want to watch our core develop, if that means losing, so be it. But I have better things to do than watch that train wreck, I can catch up on the very few things worth watching in highlights.
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors