ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,762

Re: Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#1681 » by ArthurVandelay » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 pm

Scase wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Scase wrote:That's cool, go ahead and watch, we all have different opinions. At the end of the day this is entertainment, and I won't spend hours of my day watching something that I don't think is entertaining.

When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching, but if RJ, IQ, or both come back for the last couple games of the season, it does not incentivize me to watch. Highlights are more than enough for that.

This is mind boggling.

What do you think happens during a tank? The games get played with scrubs and you’re basically watching to find a diamond in the rough, to see one or two young guys play hopefully showing growth, and to see the team play/systems evolve.

Lots of good things happening despite the losses.

It's mind boggling to have better things to do? Is it really that confusing of a concept to you, that I have things I'd rather be doing than watch McDaniels, Brown, etc stink it up on a court and get blown out by 45 points? Like man, spend your free time how you wish, but that's not my definition of a good time.

I'm not here to watch a bunch of g league players who will never crack the actual roster play, I want to watch our core develop, if that means losing, so be it. But I have better things to do than watch that train wreck, I can catch up on the very few things worth watching in highlights.

But you have hours per day to hijack every thread crapping on the management of this team?

You’re one of the biggest tankers on the board. You spend hours each day talking about it. But the result of tanking isn’t worth your time? Your credibility was already questionable, now it’s just shot.

I know, I know….masai started too late…or is it they aren’t actually tanking? The mental gymnastics is tough to follow.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect
And1: 500

Post#1682 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 pm

Scase wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
Scase wrote:That's cool, go ahead and watch, we all have different opinions. At the end of the day this is entertainment, and I won't spend hours of my day watching something that I don't think is entertaining.

When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching, but if RJ, IQ, or both come back for the last couple games of the season, it does not incentivize me to watch. Highlights are more than enough for that.

All signs point to them coming back relatively soon. Hope that doesn't derail the tank. That said, I hate to be rude, but, do you actually listen to yourself when you post here? Just now you said, "When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching,", while 1 post ago you said, "Honestly, I'm not particularly enamoured watching any of them besidfes Barnes". Which is the real you?

All = including Barnes my friend. That's why I said if both or either of IQ/RJ come back, I won't be watching anything but highlights. My apologies if that wasn't clear enough.

Ah. As usual, you intend to have it both ways. Carry on, mate.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect
And1: 500

Post#1683 » by islandboy53 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:59 pm

Scase wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:

This is mind boggling.

What do you think happens during a tank? The games get played with scrubs and you’re basically watching to find a diamond in the rough, to see one or two young guys play hopefully showing growth, and to see the team play/systems evolve.

It's mind boggling to have better things to do? Is it really that confusing of a concept to you, that I have things I'd rather be doing than watch McDaniels, Brown, etc stink it up on a court and get blown out by 45 points? Like man, spend your free time how you wish, but that's not my definition of a good time.

I'm not here to watch a bunch of g league players who will never crack the actual roster play, I want to watch our core develop, if that means losing, so be it. But I have better things to do than watch that train wreck, I can catch up on the very few things worth watching in highlights.

Fair enough. But you seem to have unlimited time to come on here and piss and moan about it. You might as well be watching the games.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,293

Post#1684 » by Scase » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:05 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:
Scase wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
This is mind boggling.

But you have hours per day to hijack every thread crapping on the management of this team?

You’re one of the biggest tankers on the board. You spend hours each day talking about it. But the result of tanking isn’t worth your time? Your credibility was already questionable, now it’s just shot.

I know, I know….masai started too late…or is it they aren’t actually tanking? The mental gymnastics is tough to follow.

Lol hours a day? I post a bit and come back randomly when I feel like it. So here we are, you are unable to take a simple answer of "I spend my time however I want", and try and turn it around like I should feel bad for not watching bad basketball.

God damn, that is a pretty sad reach lol. But I guess I should just wrap it up, you know, since you think my credibility is shot. Woe is me, how shall I ever carry on.

islandboy53 wrote:
Scase wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:
All signs point to them coming back relatively soon. Hope that doesn't derail the tank. That said, I hate to be rude, but, do you actually listen to yourself when you post here? Just now you said, "When everyone is back I will get back to enjoying watching,", while 1 post ago you said, "Honestly, I'm not particularly enamoured watching any of them besidfes Barnes". Which is the real you?

All = including Barnes my friend. That's why I said if both or either of IQ/RJ come back, I won't be watching anything but highlights. My apologies if that wasn't clear enough.

Ah. As usual, you intend to have it both ways. Carry on, mate.

Ah there is it, I can't spend my time how I see fit, because you think I should be watching bad basketball. Please, tell me more about how I should live my life. Y'all are a trip.
Props TZ!
SpezNc
Pro Prospect
And1: 542

Post#1685 » by SpezNc » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:26 pm

Barrett upgrade to questionable for tomorrow
Quickley still out
Agbaji is out
Gueye downgrade to questionable

Looks like Barrett is getting back soon.

Tomorrow is a must lose game.

I mean technically apart maybe for the Pacers’s game are must lose game.

Can’t win more than two if we want to stays at #6.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,146

Post#1686 » by Chandan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:55 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:The year OKC got Chet, these were typical lineups dressed by OKC towards the end of the year:

In one game they played:

Kalaiitzakis
Simpson
Hoard
Krejci
Roby
Frazier
Waters III
Robinson-Earl

In another game, they played:

McLemore
Blevins
Louzada
Perry
Hughes
K Johnson
Brown III
Elleby
Dunn
Eubanks

Some of these guys, I'm not quite sure are even real human beings.

This is what tanking looks like.

Speaking of which remember we had mclemore on our roster for a spell? Reminds me of dennis for some reason.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,995

Post#1687 » by Coco Costanza » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:37 am

Memphis is so bad...
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,515

Post#1688 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:54 am

JJJ is the fakest All-Star ever.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,904

Post#1689 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:58 am

Coco Costanza wrote:Memphis is so bad...

They decide to rest Bane in a game that's semi-winnable against a young Magic squad. :lol:
They'll probably keep him out of both games against the Pistons.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#1690 » by The Duke » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:19 am

We need to run the table.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,020

Post#1691 » by DelAbbot » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:44 am

RJ coming back will push us back to 7th
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#1692 » by raptorforlife88 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:31 am

DelAbbot wrote:RJ coming back will push us back to 7th

Mostly its just unfortunate how bad the bottom of the league is this year. I don't see this team winning more than two games the rest of the way with the sched, and a 25 win season almost always lands you as like the 4-5th worst team.
SpezNc
Pro Prospect

Post#1693 » by SpezNc » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:39 am

raptorforlife88 wrote:

Mostly its just unfortunate how bad the bottom of the league is this year. I don't see this team winning more than two games the rest of the way with the sched, and a 25 win season almost always lands you as like the 4-5th worst team.

Agree. Toronto is unlucky.

25 wins normally should give you more than 32%-44% odds or keeping the pick

You told me at the beginning of seasons that we would have 23 wins with 8 games left and I would assume keeping our pick would be in the bank…

The plus side is there is argument in favour of conveying the pick. Does not flip the balance for me but if the lottery is against us, the only thing to do is turn the page and assume it’s for the best.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,474

Post#1694 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:44 am

Keep em
Rollin
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,020

Post#1695 » by DelAbbot » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:28 pm

3 page GT is wild
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,293

Post#1696 » by Scase » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:29 pm

SpezNc wrote:
raptorforlife88 wrote:

You told me at the beginning of seasons that we would have 23 wins with 8 games left and I would assume keeping our pick would be in the bank…

The plus side is there is argument in favour of conveying the pick. Does not flip the balance for me but if the lottery is against us, the only thing to do is turn the page and assume it’s for the best.

Based on current win percentage:

2022 we'd have been 4th
2021 we'd have been 5th
2020 we'd have been 5th
2019 we'd have been 5th
2018 we'd have been 4th
2017 we'd have been 6th
2016 we'd have been 3rd
2015 we'd have been 5th
2014 we'd have been 6th
2013 we'd have been 6th

Last 10 years have the average around 5th (4.9 specifically), this year isnt an outlier. It just shows this needed to be started much earlier. It also shows that without the injuries, we likely lose our pick practically without any question.
Props TZ!
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Post#1697 » by MessiahUjiri » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:53 pm

Scase wrote:
SpezNc wrote:
raptorforlife88 wrote:

2022 we'd have been 4th
2021 we'd have been 5th
2020 we'd have been 5th
2019 we'd have been 5th
2018 we'd have been 4th
2017 we'd have been 6th
2016 we'd have been 3rd
2015 we'd have been 5th
2014 we'd have been 6th
2013 we'd have been 6th

Last 10 years have the average around 5th (4.9 specifically), this year isnt an outlier. It just shows this needed to be started much earlier. It also shows that without the injuries, we likely lose our pick practically without any question.

What about the 3 win Pizza Party though?

Even if we lose the pick, I am sure the slices were delicious.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,474

Post#1698 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:32 pm

kudos

Read on Twitter
?s=20
SpezNc
Pro Prospect

Post#1699 » by SpezNc » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:33 pm

Scase wrote:
SpezNc wrote:
raptorforlife88 wrote:

2022 we'd have been 4th
2021 we'd have been 5th
2020 we'd have been 5th
2019 we'd have been 5th
2018 we'd have been 4th
2017 we'd have been 6th
2016 we'd have been 3rd
2015 we'd have been 5th
2014 we'd have been 6th
2013 we'd have been 6th

3 to 6 (average of 4.9) compared to being 6-7 ATM

Also I think the issue is not necessarily being 6th but how far we are from 5.

Is it typical to be that far ahead of position #4 and #5 while only having 23 games.

I am not saying this year is a massive outlier but the bottom is still worse than usual.
SpezNc
Pro Prospect

Post#1700 » by SpezNc » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:53 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=i9oiV7V_IVKI_hyZ3OS-wA[/x]

Return to Toronto Raptors