ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Immanuel Quickley Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,599

Re: Official Immanuel Quickley Thread 

Post#1061 » by AbC? » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:20 pm

IQ about to get a 3 year/93 million dollar deal with a player option.

#flexibility
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,666

Post#1062 » by C_Money » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:24 pm

AbC? wrote:IQ about to get a 3 year/93 million dollar deal with a player option.

#flexibility

Hopefully we lock him up for more years.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#1063 » by douggood » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:25 pm

5year 130+ is what i expect (devin vessel/jayden mcdaniels) contracts from last offseason as comps.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,763

Post#1064 » by ArthurVandelay » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:27 pm

5 year $135m with last year a team option

No more player options
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,297

Post#1065 » by Scase » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:30 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:5 year $135m with last year a team option

No more player options

I was thinking 125m, but 100% agree with no more of this PO crap.
Props TZ!
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,718

Post#1066 » by Ell Curry » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:08 am

Detroit and the Spurs stand out as teams that have the space and could offer Quickley the full RFA max (seems to have been 133/4 2 years ago, so bump that up like what, 10-20%?).

Detroit nothing has worked there and they need shooting. Ivey can guard 2s and Quickley 1s I guess?

Bigs: Duren-BeefStew
Wings: Cade-Ausar
Guards: Ivey-Quickley-Sasser

and then either they draft Sarr and hope he can play the 4 and shoot a bit, or grab whatever wing they think will be a good 2-way player.

Spurs you're getting a quality shooter around Wemby:

Quickley-Vassell-Keldon-Sochan-Wemby with Tre Jones and Zach Collins on the bench, and they can draft anybody really, but similarly probably lean towards a wing or Sarr.

So, if either team doesn't like the guards in the draft, it does make some sense for them to max out Quickley and see if we'll match, but I think we'd basically have to.

From Quickley's perspective, the Detroit situation seems a little risky and it's also Detroit, but I don't see why he'd turn down a max offer to play with Wemby.
Where's the D?
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#1067 » by brownbobcat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 am

Ell Curry wrote:Detroit and the Spurs stand out as teams that have the space and could offer Quickley the full RFA max (seems to have been 133/4 2 years ago, so bump that up like what, 10-20%?).

Detroit nothing has worked there and they need shooting. Ivey can guard 2s and Quickley 1s I guess?

and then either they draft Sarr and hope he can play the 4 and shoot a bit, or grab whatever wing they think will be a good 2-way player.

Quickley-Vassell-Keldon-Sochan-Wemby with Tre Jones and Zach Collins on the bench, and they can draft anybody really, but similarly probably lean towards a wing or Sarr.

So, if either team doesn't like the guards in the draft, it does make some sense for them to max out Quickley and see if we'll match, but I think we'd basically have to.

From Quickley's perspective, the Detroit situation seems a little risky and it's also Detroit, but I don't see why he'd turn down a max offer to play with Wemby.

It's possible, but Spurs could've made a strong offer to Reaves last year and didn't do anything in the end. I'm trying to think of the last RFA to sign an offer sheet anywhere close to the max - OPJ?

*EDIT* Forgot about Ayton couple years ago.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,577

Post#1068 » by bluerap23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:26 am

brownbobcat wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:Detroit and the Spurs stand out as teams that have the space and could offer Quickley the full RFA max (seems to have been 133/4 2 years ago, so bump that up like what, 10-20%?).

It's possible, but Spurs could've made a strong offer to Reaves last year and didn't do anything in the end. I'm trying to think of the last RFA to sign an offer sheet anywhere close to the max - OPJ?

Doubt the Spurs would try. They know better. We will match any offer.
Ell Curry
Head Coach

Post#1069 » by Ell Curry » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:31 am

brownbobcat wrote:It's possible, but Spurs could've made a strong offer to Reaves last year and didn't do anything in the end. I'm trying to think of the last RFA to sign an offer sheet anywhere close to the max - OPJ?

I can't find a list for the Spurs or an NBA-wide one, but I can't recall the Spurs ever actually making an RFA offer? They probably didn't have the cap room during the Duncan era. Reports were they were close to making one for Reaves, so hard to say.

In general less RFAs offer than makes sense, I don't think one of Detroit and San Antonio are definitely making an offer, but I bet if they don't I like what they do less than I would paying Quickley to shoot 3s and not be awful defensively for the RFA max.
Where's the D?
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,372

Post#1070 » by PushDaRock » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:04 am

No more player options

Yeah I think you want more cost certainty now with the new CBA. The days of handing out player options like candy are probably over and instead might even be replaced by these Bruce Brown type deals with slightly inflated AAV's that come with team options that aren't guaranteed.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1071 » by Scase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:58 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:

Doubt the Spurs would try. They know better. We will match any offer.

If I'm the spurs it's worth a shot, but I don't see why they do it while already having Vassel. They just extended him for 5/135, I dont see why you would throw the same money at IQ for basically the same skill set. Unless you move Vassel to the 2 permanently?

That said, with how amazing Wemby has been, they have a genuine reason to speed up the rebuild. I think if anything they bundle some picks and make a trade instead.
Props TZ!
Scase
RealGM

Post#1072 » by Scase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:02 pm

PushDaRock wrote:

No more player options

Yeah I think you want more cost certainty now with the new CBA. The days of handing out player options like candy are probably over and instead might even be replaced by these Bruce Brown type deals with slightly inflated AAV's that come with team options that aren't guaranteed.

I'd love to see us structure it to be front loaded while we're at it, would put is in a fantastic spot over the years with his declining in cost.
Props TZ!
Ell Curry
Head Coach

Post#1073 » by Ell Curry » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm

Scase wrote:If I'm the spurs it's worth a shot, but I don't see why they do it while already having Vassel. They just extended him for 5/135, I dont see why you would throw the same money at IQ for basically the same skill set. Unless you move Vassel to the 2 permanently?

That said, with how amazing Wemby has been, they have a genuine reason to speed up the rebuild. I think if anything they bundle some picks and make a trade instead.

Vassell is a prototypical 2, the question is if they want more of a traditional passer for Wemby or they think a shooter (and not a liability defensively which isn't nothing at PG) in Quickley to provide him great spacing is more important. Might depend on how they see him scoring efficiently, and I didn't watch him quite enough (and also it's early) to know.

Also if they like the wings in the draft more or less than the PGs. Like would they prefer Sheppard at #5 and trading for a wing, or trying to sign Quickley and drafting whatever wing they like best at 5.
Where's the D?
Scase
RealGM

Post#1074 » by Scase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:01 pm

Ell Curry wrote:
Scase wrote:If I'm the spurs it's worth a shot, but I don't see why they do it while already having Vassel. They just extended him for 5/135, I dont see why you would throw the same money at IQ for basically the same skill set. Unless you move Vassel to the 2 permanently?

Vassell is a prototypical 2, the question is if they want more of a traditional passer for Wemby or they think a shooter (and not a liability defensively which isn't nothing at PG) in Quickley to provide him great spacing is more important. Might depend on how they see him scoring efficiently, and I didn't watch him quite enough (and also it's early) to know.

Also if they like the wings in the draft more or less than the PGs. Like would they prefer Sheppard at #5 and trading for a wing, or trying to sign Quickley and drafting whatever wing they like best at 5.

In concept yeah, but IQ isn't a traditional passing PG, he's a score first. Either way, I dont see us not matching any offer.
Props TZ!
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,490

Post#1075 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,490

Post#1076 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:15 pm

Read on Twitter
Scase
RealGM

Post#1077 » by Scase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:09 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kudos to IQ pronouncing Toronto properly lol.
Props TZ!
tanuki1031
Starter
And1: 3,349

Post#1078 » by tanuki1031 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:32 pm

Scase wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kudos to IQ pronouncing Toronto properly lol.

And knowing RJ is from Mississauga (not Toronto), and not butchering that as Missauga, Mississippi, Mississauguagua or any order American pronunciation we've heard over the years.

Lol@RJ celebrating the trade a la Johnny Drama.

Return to Toronto Raptors