ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Immanuel Quickley Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,686

Re: Official Immanuel Quickley Thread 

Post#81 » by Bruin » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=6Hx3ZCSHlysihvhqh0K3hw
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,199

Post#82 » by Tofubeque » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:36 pm

Fun fact, the Raptors now have the NBA's all-time leading scorers whose last names start with Q (Quickley) and Y (Thad Young).
props Turbozone
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,761

Post#83 » by And1Skip » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:46 pm

Read on Twitter
rapsincr
Starter
And1: 2,326

Post#84 » by rapsincr » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:48 pm

quickley was 2nd in 6th man of the year voting last year, and thibs decided to give him like 5 mins less per game this year. kid is gonna go nuts here imo, just needs the opportunity.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,771

Post#85 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:50 pm

Quickley this season

Catch and shoot 3s: 27.1 Frequency, 40.4%
Pullup 3s: 21.0 Frequency, 40.6%

The Raps really miss VVs pullup ability, hopefully Quickley can replace that now.
GhostDog123
Freshman
And1: 92

Post#86 » by GhostDog123 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:53 pm

Watching IQ highlights … I am getting wet! One thing I like the most is his decision quickness, no more stupid hesitation and over dribble!
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,258

Post#87 » by pingpongrac » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:03 pm

rapsincr wrote:quickley was 2nd in 6th man of the year voting last year, and thibs decided to give him like 5 mins less per game this year. kid is gonna go nuts here imo, just needs the opportunity.

He was so underutilized in NY. On one hand, I get it because you can't really play Brunson and Quickley together in the backcourt for more than a few minutes here and there. But on the other hand, when you're playing DiVincenzo and Grimes ~20 MPG each anyway, why not put Quickley out there even more? 24 MPG just isn't enough.

Hopefully he starts here and builds some immediate chemistry with Scottie because I think those two can have some really good synergy and be a great duo for years to come. He better not be coming off the bench so Schroder can start again.
rapsincr
Starter
And1: 2,326

Post#88 » by rapsincr » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:06 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
rapsincr wrote:quickley was 2nd in 6th man of the year voting last year, and thibs decided to give him like 5 mins less per game this year. kid is gonna go nuts here imo, just needs the opportunity.

He was so underutilized in NY. On one hand, I get it because you can't really play Brunson and Quickley together in the backcourt for more than a few minutes here and there. But on the other hand, when you're playing DiVincenzo and Grimes ~20 MPG each anyway, why not put Quickley out there even more? 24 MPG just isn't enough.

Hopefully he starts here and builds some immediate chemistry with Scottie because I think those two can have some really good synergy and be a great duo for years to come. He better not be coming off the bench so Schroder can start again.

the usage was shocking, maybe trying to play him less to get him to sign for less? cuz performance wise..it makes 0 sense. i have a very good feeling about him going forward.
TheAlchemist23
Rookie
And1: 1,568

Post#89 » by TheAlchemist23 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:28 pm

Simmons called this trade

Read on Twitter
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,694

Post#90 » by WuTang_OG » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:51 pm

genius-
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,193

Post#91 » by genius- » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:04 pm

Perfect PG to pair with Barnes.

Can we sign him to an extension now? I hope we do it soon, he's going to put up numbers as a starter.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,787

Post#92 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:07 am

Really nice player who plays with flair and a lot of joy and who impacts winning.

A lot of what IQ provides isn't reflected in counting stats because of his role in NY. But he's been an advanced stats darling since he entered the NBA. One of the reasons is his impact off the ball, as he's a good team defender for his size, and a floor spacer with range. But he's also great in the pick-and-roll as the ball-handler.

There's still some uncertainty over how he will perform as a starter (especially as a lead guard), so the rise to stardom isn't a given. The advanced numbers are warped to some extent by his role. And what's missing from his game compared to a Maxey for instance is the driving game. He has a nice floater, a midrange game, and a pull-up from 3, but he doesn't put much pressure on the rim.

Nevertheless, he's been one of the best bench players in the NBA since he entered the league.

He's also been one of the Knicks' most impactful players overall, with him consistently ranking among the team leaders across advanced impact metrics and more basic statistics like net rating and on/off per 100 possessions. We simply played better with him on the court, year in year out. It applied to his minutes with the starters too, which suggests the numbers may not be just a byproduct of his role, but rather a sign of his intrinsic quality.

All in all, IQ could be one of those stars in hiding who completely breaks out with a change of scenery and an increase in usage (think Brunson or a lesser version of Harden). Maybe he won't. Personally, I think he has a real chance to become an All-Star, and I predict he will.

I really, really wish him well. I hope he plays great basketball in your city and his play is appreciated by the fans.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,490

Post#93 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:16 am

I’m excited for IQ…I think he’s gonna blow up here!
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,862

Post#94 » by Raptors Realtor » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:22 am

TheAlchemist23 wrote:Simmons called this trade

Read on Twitter

Did I read that right... Said to flip RJ to Toronto for OG & a pick? LOL
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,788
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#95 » by Boogie! » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:32 am

Hopefully he doesn’t fall victim to raptors shooters curse. On skillset alone he’s exactly what we need. Combo guard type that can score and shoot. Perfect fit next to Barnes
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#96 » by WeTheNorth123 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:55 am

Boogie! wrote:Hopefully he doesn’t fall victim to raptors shooters curse. On skillset alone he’s exactly what we need. Combo guard type that can score and shoot. Perfect fit next to Barnes

Naww this guy is too legitimate! he's been doing this all his life including the NBA.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,741

Post#97 » by Ell Curry » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:06 am

OakleyDokely wrote:The more I look at the numbers, the more I believe Scottie+Quickley is going to be an awesome duo. Having a couple smart, talented, two-way young guys like these two is pretty exciting.

Yeah, I've been wanting Quickley for a while because teams don't seem to give up on promising young guards anymore like they used to (Billups, Nash, Lowry Dragic all moved around) and I had no idea how we were getting one.

Team is much more balanced now. Quickley, Trent and Schroeder are the guard. Barnes, Siakam and Barrett at forward. Poeltl and Boucher at center (Koloko who knows). Dick is the 4th guard and 4th forward when he's ready (typical 8th or 9th man).

But the future just seems more solid now, regardless of whether or not we move Siakam.
Where's the D?
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,741

Post#98 » by Ell Curry » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:11 am

CPT wrote:Very excited to have him on the team.

Of course, my mind immediately went to his extension. I guess it's good as long as we keep him. If we get him back at a good rate, great. If he plays well enough to get a max or near-max extension, also great?

After Reaves I feel like it's impossible to say if we'll be matching a max extension from the Spurs or Magic, or Quickley will take 95M over 4 years and we'll get a steal here.

Either way, it feels like we got our Lowry deal for a guard ready to breakout after being given the keys.
Where's the D?
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#99 » by Anatomize » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:20 am

We have Tyrese Maxey at home:

Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,455

Post#100 » by Lateral Quicks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:21 am

My iniital reaction is that IQ is the real get for the Raptors. The Knicks probably saw RJ as a salary dump more than anything.

His numbers look starter quality to me. I'd hand him the keys at PG and see what happens.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."

Return to Toronto Raptors