ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Immanuel Quickley Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,063

Re: Official Immanuel Quickley Thread 

Post#1021 » by HumbleRen » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:38 pm

They should have good chemistry going forward.

The issue is mainly Scottie’s fault as to why they don’t have much synergy. Scottie is not a good screener, he needs to work on it to fully unlock him and IQ’s chemistry.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,531

Post#1022 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:43 pm

HumbleRen wrote:They should have good chemistry going forward.

The issue is mainly Scottie’s fault as to why they don’t have much synergy. Scottie is not a good screener, he needs to work on it to fully unlock him and IQ’s chemistry.

Yup, a big reason why the two man unit of IQ/Poeltl has a +6.5 net rating
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#1023 » by brownbobcat » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:07 pm

MEDIC wrote:Yeah.....theoretically, Scottie should be able to set some nice screens with his large frame. He should also be a good target as a roller.

Footwork and lateral movement is an underrated part of screening. Nobody just gets to stand still anymore.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,297

Post#1024 » by Scase » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:18 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
MEDIC wrote:Yeah.....theoretically, Scottie should be able to set some nice screens with his large frame. He should also be a good target as a roller.

Footwork and lateral movement is an underrated part of screening. Nobody just gets to stand still anymore.

Nah, his problem isn't that, it's just that he sets half assed screens and rolls away too early. He just needs to be taught the timing of it, should be relatively easy to fix.

Scotties screens are like the opposite of JVs, he feels the slightest contact and thinks his job is done. He needs to linger like half a second longer, it needs adjustment but doesn't look like he's incapable.
Props TZ!
HumbleRen
RealGM

Post#1025 » by HumbleRen » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:25 pm

Scase wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:

Nah, his problem isn't that, it's just that he sets half assed screens and rolls away too early. He just needs to be taught the timing of it, should be relatively easy to fix.

Scotties screens are like the opposite of JVs, he feels the slightest contact and thinks his job is done. He needs to linger like half a second longer, it needs adjustment but doesn't look like he's incapable.

Would annoy me so much when I saw Siakam, Precious and Scottie screen lol. No intent to actually screen, just to ghost screen.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,980

Post#1026 » by MEDIC » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:46 pm

HumbleRen wrote:
Scase wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:Footwork and lateral movement is an underrated part of screening. Nobody just gets to stand still anymore.

Would annoy me so much when I saw Siakam, Precious and Scottie screen lol. No intent to actually screen, just to ghost screen.

When I see those screens, they always seem like selfish attempts. They want to have a chance to score as the roller, but their screen did nothing for their teammate who was handling the ball.

I agree......it always annoys me when I see it too. If you are going to do something........at least try to do it the right way.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
brownbobcat
Head Coach

Post#1027 » by brownbobcat » Tue Apr 9, 2024 2:00 am

Scase wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:

Yup, it's also that. Too much expecting the ball back without creating an advantage for the ball handler
Scase
RealGM

Post#1028 » by Scase » Tue Apr 9, 2024 3:48 am

brownbobcat wrote:
Scase wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:Footwork and lateral movement is an underrated part of screening. Nobody just gets to stand still anymore.

Yup, it's also that. Too much expecting the ball back without creating an advantage for the ball handler

I don't even think it's that, he's an extremely unselfish player, to a fault sometimes. I think he's just never been taught how to screen properly, he's never played too much as a big, he's always been a PG.
Props TZ!
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,697

Post#1029 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:29 am

HumbleRen wrote:
Scase wrote:

Oh so maybe it wasn't Fred's fault when he'd dribble for 20 seconds through the lane from one wing to the other. He was just a man in search of a good screen
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
HumbleRen
RealGM

Post#1030 » by HumbleRen » Tue Apr 9, 2024 9:12 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
Scase wrote:Nah, his problem isn't that, it's just that he sets half assed screens and rolls away too early. He just needs to be taught the timing of it, should be relatively easy to fix.

Oh so maybe it wasn't Fred's fault when he'd dribble for 20 seconds through the lane from one wing to the other. He was just a man in search of a good screen

FVV’s only fault in that was that he wasn’t a good enough scorer to score efficiently without a great screen.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,499

Post#1031 » by ForeverTFC » Tue Apr 9, 2024 9:39 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
Scase wrote:Nah, his problem isn't that, it's just that he sets half assed screens and rolls away too early. He just needs to be taught the timing of it, should be relatively easy to fix.

I know you said this in jest but man, Poeltl was a godsend for Fred.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,904

Post#1032 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:02 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:He's gonna average over 20ppg for the rest of the season.

Mike Breen: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

LoveMyRaps wrote:IQ is gonna be special man. Don't stop believing in the kid, otherwise you're gonna look foolish.

Since this post:

17 games

22ppg
8apg
6rpg
1.2spg

45% from the field
38% from deep (8 attempts per game)
85% from the charity stripe

FOLKS, WE GOT ANOTHER ONE. ALL-STAR SZN LOADING.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
brownbobcat
Head Coach

Post#1033 » by brownbobcat » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:51 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:

LoveMyRaps wrote:IQ is gonna be special man. Don't stop believing in the kid, otherwise you're gonna look foolish.

Since this post:

17 games

22ppg
8apg
6rpg
1.2spg

45% from the field

I think this time without Barnes is going to turn out to have a silver lining. IQ needs the time and reps as a lead guard
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,522

Post#1034 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:56 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:

Since this post:

17 games

22ppg
8apg
6rpg
1.2spg

45% from the field

Haters in shambles.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,531

Post#1035 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:01 pm

His rebounding is incredible for his size. Very underrated quality about him.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,490

Post#1036 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:06 pm

Love what I see from our future PG

dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,606

Post#1037 » by dTox » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:18 pm

MEDIC wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:

When I see those screens, they always seem like selfish attempts. They want to have a chance to score as the roller, but their screen did nothing for their teammate who was handling the ball.

I agree......it always annoys me when I see it too. If you are going to do something........at least try to do it the right way.

Nothing to add to the topic but good to see you post again Medic.
TBZ for the win
Scase
RealGM

Post#1038 » by Scase » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:47 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

Since this post:

17 games

22ppg
8apg
6rpg
1.2spg

45% from the field

Haters in shambles.

I haven't seen any IQ haters on here, am I missing something?
Props TZ!
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,637

Post#1039 » by Bruin » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=6Hx3ZCSHlysihvhqh0K3hw
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#1040 » by johanliebert » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:12 pm

HumbleRen wrote:They should have good chemistry going forward.

Scottie makes quick decisons with the ball and knows where to go. IQ is a ball stopper thats why they have no synergy.

Return to Toronto Raptors