ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ BOMB: Pascal Traded to Indiana

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,454

Re: WOJ BOMB: Pascal Traded to Indiana 

Post#1781 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:38 am

Scase wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:hope he comes back on a cheaper deal

I get that Brown didnt play great for us but there were many contending teams after him on his 23M a year contract. The only way we decline his option is if we re-sign him to a multi year deal. Letting him go for nothing is not an option.

Worst case, we pick up his option and then look to trade him to the same teams that wanted him this past deadline. He's already proven to be a big part of a championship team, contenders will go after him again 100%.

And yet, Masai couldn't find a single trade partner? Contenders may want him, but if they aren't willing to pay the absurd asking price of a FRP that Masai was reportedly looking for, let him walk. The knee injury sounds like BS, dude didn't/doesn't want to be here, you can see by his body language, so holding onto him another year if we can't find a partner is just a waste of money.

Pretty sure Masai was able to get a 1st rounder (Knicks) but it was only in the 2024 draft and he didn't want anymore picks in this draft. We also know hes a hard ass for making trades as has been evident with Lowry, Fred, OG, Siakam, etc.

He can definitely revisit this in the offseason and I would bet a lot of money that's exactly what we'll do. There's also a chance that both sides agree to a long term deal even though I think that's doubtful.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,302

Post#1782 » by Scase » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:50 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Scase wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
I get that Brown didnt play great for us but there were many contending teams after him on his 23M a year contract. The only way we decline his option is if we re-sign him to a multi year deal. Letting him go for nothing is not an option.

Worst case, we pick up his option and then look to trade him to the same teams that wanted him this past deadline. He's already proven to be a big part of a championship team, contenders will go after him again 100%.

And yet, Masai couldn't find a single trade partner? Contenders may want him, but if they aren't willing to pay the absurd asking price of a FRP that Masai was reportedly looking for, let him walk. The knee injury sounds like BS, dude didn't/doesn't want to be here, you can see by his body language, so holding onto him another year if we can't find a partner is just a waste of money.

Pretty sure Masai was able to get a 1st rounder (Knicks) but it was only in the 2024 draft and he didn't want anymore picks in this draft. We also know hes a hard ass for making trades as has been evident with Lowry, Fred, OG, Siakam, etc.

He can definitely revisit this in the offseason and I would bet a lot of money that's exactly what we'll do. There's also a chance that both sides agree to a long term deal even though I think that's doubtful.

There's a reason why he was only offered a 1st in a weak draft, no one wanted to give anything better up. And he's definitely going to push this out another year, that's what he does. And it's going to end in another poor return, just Like Lowry/Siakam/FVV.
Props TZ!
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,454

Post#1783 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:01 pm

Scase wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Scase wrote:And yet, Masai couldn't find a single trade partner? Contenders may want him, but if they aren't willing to pay the absurd asking price of a FRP that Masai was reportedly looking for, let him walk. The knee injury sounds like BS, dude didn't/doesn't want to be here, you can see by his body language, so holding onto him another year if we can't find a partner is just a waste of money.

There's a reason why he was only offered a 1st in a weak draft, no one wanted to give anything better up. And he's definitely going to push this out another year, that's what he does. And it's going to end in another poor return, just Like Lowry/Siakam/FVV.

Well, a lot of teams aren't able to offer future picks and the Knicks have already stated they're saving all their future picks for a potential superstar. After this draft or the 2025 trade deadline, the 2025 1st rounder is much easier to get.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,890

Post#1784 » by deeps6x » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:13 pm

If the Knicks offered a pick in this draft, Masai should have taken it. Brown is worth, what, half a Grayson Allen? He's looked like crap here. Just admit you were robbed on the Siakam deal and move on Masai.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Scase
RealGM

Post#1785 » by Scase » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:12 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Scase wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Well, a lot of teams aren't able to offer future picks and the Knicks have already stated they're saving all their future picks for a potential superstar. After this draft or the 2025 trade deadline, the 2025 1st rounder is much easier to get.

Well yeah a lot of teams aren't able to offer the picks, which means if we pick up his option, we risk keeping him for a trade that will never exist. The real question is, how many teams would be willing to give up a 25 pick once eligible, that draft is expected to be significantly better than this years, so inherently they have more value.

The FO has flubbed way too many trades lately for me to be willing to trust them to take another stab at this.
Props TZ!
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 456

Post#1786 » by youngRAPZ » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:43 am

Scase wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Scase wrote:There's a reason why he was only offered a 1st in a weak draft, no one wanted to give anything better up. And he's definitely going to push this out another year, that's what he does. And it's going to end in another poor return, just Like Lowry/Siakam/FVV.

Well yeah a lot of teams aren't able to offer the picks, which means if we pick up his option, we risk keeping him for a trade that will never exist. The real question is, how many teams would be willing to give up a 25 pick once eligible, that draft is expected to be significantly better than this years, so inherently they have more value.

The FO has flubbed way too many trades lately for me to be willing to trust them to take another stab at this.

I guess we’re all lucky your opinion doesn’t matter and mlse still trusts them to take another stab. I mean how long are you gonna keep crying and complaining about past moves. The FO made a mistake they messed up. Ok we all agree with you buddy now move on.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1787 » by Scase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:19 am

youngRAPZ wrote:
Scase wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

I guess we’re all lucky your opinion doesn’t matter and mlse still trusts them to take another stab. I mean how long are you gonna keep crying and complaining about past moves. The FO made a mistake they messed up. Ok we all agree with you buddy now move on.

Yeah man, the paying fans opinions don't matter. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing though. Don't like it, don't read it.
Props TZ!
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 793

Post#1788 » by disoblige » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53 am

Scase wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:
Scase wrote:Well yeah a lot of teams aren't able to offer the picks, which means if we pick up his option, we risk keeping him for a trade that will never exist. The real question is, how many teams would be willing to give up a 25 pick once eligible, that draft is expected to be significantly better than this years, so inherently they have more value.

Yeah man, the paying fans opinions don't matter. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing though. Don't like it, don't read it.

Just like I thought. Blaming FO instead of yourself. Not going to ask how much you spent. Don't wanna listen.
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,778

Post#1789 » by nestea » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 am

Wonder how much he getting paid from Indy
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#1790 » by bballsparkin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 am

nestea wrote:Wonder how much he getting paid from Indy

How much??

Yes, that much.

Pascal to his agent.

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,842

Post#1791 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:33 am

disoblige wrote:
Scase wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:I guess we’re all lucky your opinion doesn’t matter and mlse still trusts them to take another stab. I mean how long are you gonna keep crying and complaining about past moves. The FO made a mistake they messed up. Ok we all agree with you buddy now move on.

Just like I thought. Blaming FO instead of yourself. Not going to ask how much you spent. Don't wanna listen.

What, did he buy a hat? The entitlement just keeps on rolling.
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,864

Post#1792 » by Thaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 am

The optimal off season would have us sign and trade Trent and bring back Brown on a long term deal. This front office has to make this happen to maintain its asset retention.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1793 » by Scase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:51 pm

disoblige wrote:
Scase wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:I guess we’re all lucky your opinion doesn’t matter and mlse still trusts them to take another stab. I mean how long are you gonna keep crying and complaining about past moves. The FO made a mistake they messed up. Ok we all agree with you buddy now move on.

Another one to the foes list, bye Felicia.
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors