ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ BOMB: Pascal Traded to Indiana

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,815

Re: WOJ BOMB: Pascal Traded to Indiana 

Post#1701 » by Zeno » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:57 am

ItsDanger wrote:
Zeno wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Said it at the time, Suggs was a retool pick. Barnes was a rebuild pick for a variety of reasons. However the adjustment wasn't taken until it was forced upon them.

Speaking of Suggs, could the Pacers do a godfather offer for him? I think he is the 2 guard they need. Give Orlando Mathurin, Jarace, etc.

Suggs has improved a lot and is a plus defender. Orlando not likely to trade him.

I wouldn’t think so but I’d make a big offer for him if I were Indy. Overpaying for him is probably the right move.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,427

Post#1702 » by JRoy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:15 am

Tor_Raps wrote:Siakam was +17 today so they got killed in the minutes he sat today. That speaks more to their "untouchable" guys on the bench than it does for Siakam.

Regardless, I want him to score 50 points every game but lose since we have their pick lol.

I think Mathurin was 0-8
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
RealFaction
Ballboy
And1: 73

Post#1703 » by RealFaction » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:19 am

Zeno wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Zeno wrote:Speaking of Suggs, could the Pacers do a godfather offer for him? I think he is the 2 guard they need. Give Orlando Mathurin, Jarace, etc.

Suggs has improved a lot and is a plus defender. Orlando not likely to trade him.

I wouldn’t think so but I’d make a big offer for him if I were Indy. Overpaying for him is probably the right move.

Funny enough, but with Suggs's improvement in year 3 like Barnes, he would also fit our current team like a glove at the point of attack allowing Scottie to roam as a help defender again.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,815

Post#1704 » by Zeno » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:22 am

RealFaction wrote:
Zeno wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Suggs has improved a lot and is a plus defender. Orlando not likely to trade him.

Funny enough, but with Suggs's improvement in year 3 like Barnes, he would also fit our current team like a glove at the point of attack allowing Scottie to roam as a help defender again.

Sure. But I don’t think we have the assets Orlando wants to get it done nor are we ready for that kind of move in my opinion.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#1705 » by bballsparkin » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:23 am

LarSiN wrote:At the time I couldn't believe we didn't get a PF/C thrown in, but I imagine we might add one by the deadline

I imagine it was that the extra pick was preferred. Toppin has some nice moves but he's nothing special. Smith might about to be overpaid soon. I would have liked to acquire Isaiah Jackson but he's no deal breaker either.
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#1706 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:24 am

Thaddy wrote:
ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
Thaddy wrote:We got a good role player and several picks. We did okay in this trade. Walker, Mathurin, Nembhard, and Jackson aren't going to amount to anything in the NBA. I can see it now and if someone wants to hold me to it they can.

Mithurin is already better than 80% of our roster

Then why isn't he starting on their team?

Coaching mistake. Whenever mithurin starts he has scored over 20 almost every time. He is a very good proven offensive player. I would put mithurin in the starting lineup over Hield 100%, but they give him the 6th man roll because he has to carry the bench unit
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#1707 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:31 am

HumbleRen wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

HERE WE GO

They’re about to obliterate the Blazers.

:o
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,063

Post#1708 » by HumbleRen » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:35 am

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

HERE WE GO

They’re about to obliterate the Blazers.

:o

:o :(
WWSRD
Starter
And1: 2,483

Post#1709 » by WWSRD » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:20 am

Siakim looked very ordinary tonight and him at $50 million for 5 years is going to be a disaster. We'll see what he actually gets offered.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,522

Post#1710 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:38 am

WWSRD wrote:Siakim looked very ordinary tonight and him at $50 million for 5 years is going to be a disaster. We'll see what he actually gets offered.

It was his first game in a new system. All things considered, he played well (21 points on 14 shots while going an uncharacteristic 2/6 from the line; ended up a team-high +17).
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,330

Post#1711 » by pilkoids » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:53 pm

Pacers will be fine once Pascal gets adjusted, but a good team at full strength losing to the Blazers is weird
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,427

Post#1712 » by JRoy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:57 pm

Yes, POR is really terrible.

IND interior defense is really bad. They’re smallish and if the 3s aren’t falling the wheels come off.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,641

Post#1713 » by Psubs » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:38 pm

WWSRD wrote:Siakim looked very ordinary tonight and him at $50 million for 5 years is going to be a disaster. We'll see what he actually gets offered.

I wonder if Pascal was actually subtraction by addition? Was he taking playing time and shots away from other players and disrupted the balance of the offense?
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,102

Post#1714 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:46 pm

This notion that the Raps would sign OG or Siakam back in the summer needs to die. I know some of you are hurting, but come on, get a grip guys. It's not happening.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,641

Post#1715 » by Psubs » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:This notion that the Raps would sign OG or Siakam back in the summer needs to die. I know some of you are hurting, but come on, get a grip guys. It's not happening.

OG has been a +170 in his first 10 games as a Knick, the next closest in history was +151. He's getting max for sure.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,577

Post#1716 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:00 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:This notion that the Raps would sign OG or Siakam back in the summer needs to die. I know some of you are hurting, but come on, get a grip guys. It's not happening.

Exactly. Also, I cant remember the last time a player resigned with a team that just traded him.

Masai was also clear why he traded Siakam (timeline).
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Post#1717 » by execoftheyear » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:35 pm

Psubs wrote:

I wonder if Pascal was actually subtraction by addition? Was he taking playing time and shots away from other players and disrupted the balance of the offense?

Only Sherlock knows the answer to this
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#1718 » by isyed » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:24 pm

Psubs wrote:

OG has been a +170 in his first 10 games as a Knick, the next closest in history was +151. He's getting max for sure.
If the Knicks sputter and loose in the first round. Maybe we offer the 40 million to bring him back. If he's going to play the 3&d role then might has well do it beside bbq!

Sent from my SM-F946W using RealGM mobile app
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,102

Post#1719 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:31 pm

isyed wrote:
Psubs wrote:

If the Knicks sputter and loose in the first round. Maybe we offer the 40 million to bring him back. If he's going to play the 3&d role then might has well do it beside bbq!

Sent from my SM-F946W using RealGM mobile app

He's getting top dollar and it will be from NY. He wanted to go there and they love him so far. Nothing that happens in these upcoming playoffs will have NY reneging on their verbal deal, considering the connection (although Dolan is a POS so anything is possible I suppose).

Siakam is 95% re-signing in Indy. He's a man of his word and already said he wants to be there. I only leave open the possibility of him going elsewhere because of Indy changing their minds once they fizzle out of the playoffs (something I predicted long before we knew they wanted Siakam, and adding him doesn't change that IMO).

They are not coming back in the summer lol. Please guys. Tears have been shed, goodbyes have been said, valid reasons have been given. It's over. The next part of the cycle is the acceptance phase.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,143

Post#1720 » by duppyy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:34 pm

People need to move on lol, we finally picked a direction and you want to bring Siakam back? Lol

Also OG is going to be overpaid, people didn’t want to overpay him while he was here and now they do?

Return to Toronto Raptors