ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers Pick Tracking (Update: #19 officially)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,549

Re: Pacers Pick Tracking 

Post#921 » by TheRaptor! » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am

We all know the NBA is rigged

They'll want to see us back as a competitive team asap for revenue reasons

Dont worry too much about it
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#922 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

TheRaptor! wrote:We all know the NBA is rigged

Part of me thinks I should like taking bets on the draft lotto with people who feel or "know its rigged".

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
SpezNc
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#923 » by SpezNc » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am

Suns wins bringing them 2.5 games in front of Indiana

That is said even if Suns are finishing ahead of Indiana, should they lose in play-in to let’s say Lakers or maybe red hot Rockets, this could push Pacers’s pick even further.
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,882

Post#924 » by Boardbreaker » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

The heat’s last two games of the season are against the raps. That could be huge.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,883

Post#925 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am

Boardbreaker wrote:The heat’s last two games of the season are against the raps. That could be huge.

Can't take no chances, roll out the Raptors 905 3rd stringers.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
kanahda ballz
Junior
And1: 248

Post#926 » by kanahda ballz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 am

SpezNc wrote:Suns wins bringing them 2.5 games in front of Indiana

That is said even if Suns are finishing ahead of Indiana, should they lose in play-in to let’s say Lakers or maybe red hot Rockets, this could push Pacers’s pick even further.

Yes, let's say if the Sun's lose in the play-in, and the Pacers make the playoffs, then the Pacers pick will be lower then the Sun's pick, as the Sun's pick will be in the lottery (top 14) while the Pacers pick will be outside the lottery.

Who would have thought before the start of the season that a Sun's team with KD, Booker and Beal could end up with a higher FRP than the Indiana Pacers?

Western Conference is so much stronger than the Eastern Conference considering that a potential 46 win team like the Suns, or Lakers, or Kings could end up out of the playoffs and a bum arse sub .500 EC team like the Bulls or Hawks could make the playoffs.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#927 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

Looks like even when Raptors don't play, the refs still screwing them...

Keith Pompey: NBA refereee Kevin Scott on the final play of the Sixers vs. Clippers game: “On the last play on the floor, in real time the crew interpreted that play as the defender jumping vertically. However, in post-game video review we did observe some slight drift to his left by the defender George, and a foul should have been ruled.” – via Twitter PompeyOnSixers
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#928 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Boardbreaker wrote:The heat’s last two games of the season are against the raps. That could be huge.

Start Kelly at C, even if Jak is healthy. All our losses magically flow from that one roster decision.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#929 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

Start Kelly at C, even if Jak is healthy. All our losses magically flow from that one roster decision.

Absolutely. I hope they tank next year. Personally hoping Poeltl gets traded.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#930 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:

Part of me thinks I should like taking bets on the draft lotto with people who feel or "know its rigged".

I'm convinced it was rigged in 2021, when Raptors went from 7 to 4. You didn't hear anything about compensation from the league for playing in Tampa after that.

It might have been rigged in 2006, when Raps went from 5 to 1, only to draft the Italian stiff. Bryan Colangelo had been guided from the Suns to the Raptors by the league office to implement his vision of an international team with international players. Maurizio Gherardini had been hired before draft day, so it was clear the fix was in for Bargnani. So it's possible Raps were gifted #1, on the understanding that they would pick Andrea, and leave the American players to the other teams.

But to me, the most obvious "rig" was the 2012 draft, when the New Orleans Hornets - owned by the league and just after giving their star PG to the Clippers - jumped from 4 to 1 to pick allowing them to draft Anthony Davis. Thereby making the franchise more sellable. And then it happened again with Zion after AD was traded to the Lakers. Apparently, #1 picks in years with a generational talent is the currency the league uses to reward teams who help the LA franchises.

But I don't really see a driving force for such shenanigans here. So I while I appreciate the offer of your money in a bet, I'm not sure enough of the outcome. In 2021, I would have bet any money on moving up.
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Post#931 » by WeThe2019Champs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

Finishing 19th would be nice.

No More Tanking!
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 718

Post#932 » by TGM » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

The way Masai drafts. He will draft a guy rated 10 slots lower and surprise everyone. The only think you can bank on is he will be African and have a wing-span of 7 feet.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,634

Post#933 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

TGM wrote:The way Masai drafts. He will draft a guy rated 10 slots lower and surprise everyone. The only think you can bank on is he will be African and have a wing-span of 7 feet.

Like when we drafted Jakob Poeltl and Scottie Barnes and Norman Powell and Delon Wright and OG Anunoby and Malachi Flynn and Jalen Harris and Deandre Daniels and Dalano Banton and Gradey Dick and probably a few more guys I'm forgetting.

But yes, we picked Pascal Siakam and Christian Koloko over 10 years, therefore all Masai does is pick Africans. You can definitely bank on that.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,221

Post#934 » by niQ » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

TGM wrote:The way Masai drafts. He will draft a guy rated 10 slots lower and surprise everyone. The only think you can bank on is he will be African and have a wing-span of 7 feet.

So basically we're taking Missi with the 6th pick and Chomche with the 17th pick.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#935 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#936 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:

I'm convinced it was rigged in 2021, when Raptors went from 7 to 4. You didn't hear anything about compensation from the league for playing in Tampa after that.

It might have been rigged in 2006, when Raps went from 5 to 1, only to draft the Italian stiff. Bryan Colangelo had been guided from the Suns to the Raptors by the league office to implement his vision of an international team with international players. Maurizio Gherardini had been hired before draft day, so it was clear the fix was in for Bargnani. So it's possible Raps were gifted #1, on the understanding that they would pick Andrea, and leave the American players to the other teams.

But to me, the most obvious "rig" was the 2012 draft, when the New Orleans Hornets - owned by the league and just after giving their star PG to the Clippers - jumped from 4 to 1 to pick allowing them to draft Anthony Davis. Thereby making the franchise more sellable. And then it happened again with Zion after AD was traded to the Lakers. Apparently, #1 picks in years with a generational talent is the currency the league uses to reward teams who help the LA franchises.

But I don't really see a driving force for such shenanigans here. So I while I appreciate the offer of your money in a bet, I'm not sure enough of the outcome. In 2021, I would have bet any money on moving up.

Tim Duncan to the Spurs instead of Boston which had 3 lottery picks.
Lebron to Cleveland
DRose to Chicago
Pop going to retire so give him Wemby and he doesn't retire. :roll: If SA say got #2 Brandon Miller, they might have no attendance and have to relocate like Seattle to OKC despite having Durant. The NBA should've given Wemby to Charlotte, which is the only really crappy franchise that hasn't won a championship.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,514

Post#937 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:

Like when we drafted Jakob Poeltl and Scottie Barnes and Norman Powell and Delon Wright and OG Anunoby and Malachi Flynn and Jalen Harris and Deandre Daniels and Dalano Banton and Gradey Dick and probably a few more guys I'm forgetting.

But yes, we picked Pascal Siakam and Christian Koloko over 10 years, therefore all Masai does is pick Africans. You can definitely bank on that.

The only real constant with the Raps is that Masai usually takes NCAA players. I think Bruno (his very first pick), was the only non NCAA pick.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,514

Post#938 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:

Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#939 » by Kurtz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

The only real constant with the Raps is that Masai usually takes NCAA players. I think Bruno (his very first pick), was the only non NCAA pick.

Which is almost disappointing in a way, because any GM can pick the BPA at their slot like we did with Dick, but we were hoping that Masai could have a competitive advantage in discovering some hidden talent through his Giants of Africa initiatives.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#940 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

Kurtz wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

Which is almost disappointing in a way, because any GM can pick the BPA at their slot like we did with Dick, but we were hoping that Masai could have a competitive advantage in discovering some hidden talent through his Giants of Africa initiatives.

Maybe he knows they are all projects and 3-4 more years to develop. N'Faly Dante as an undrafted FA? Maybe he uses #31 for Ulrich Chomche instead of Zach Edey? :reporter:

Return to Toronto Raptors