ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers Pick Tracking (Update: #19 officially)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,518

Re: Pacers Pick Tracking (Update: #19 officially) 

Post#1681 » by S.W.A.N » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:44 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:We might dangle Brown + #19 to move up in the draft.

That's what I'm hoping/praying for.

I think it gives us a very outside chance to get somewhere between 9-13.

Everyone else below is just too far out to care enough about competing (aside from MEM but I think they know they need a big/Clingan). But I give a VERY slim chance that MAYBE you can convince HOU to keep adding vets (DREAM scenario then pray one of Ron, Buz or Sheppard falls to us), maaaaybe SAC is desperate enough where they think some depth can put them back in the Playoffs since clearly they're not willing to include Keegan to make any real substantial leap.

Best chance I give is maaaaaybe MIA (who I thought was rumoured to have some minor interest in BB & have a ton of money committed to Jimmy, Herro, Bam & Scary Terry) will let you take Robinson's money off the books a year early for them in a pick exchange to move up a few spots. It's not a huge jump but nonetheless may be enough to ENSURE we get a high level back up for the forseeable future (between one of Collier or McCain) and while Duncan's contract sucks it's only one more year than Bruce's and at least it's another shooter. I'm not saying that's a fantastic return but as they said....they gotta start hitting some singles & doubles, not every trade is a homerun swing.

I hope and pray that doesn't happen.

Trading Brown for a 2024 pick is dumb. A 2025 or 2026 pick is way better.
And there are plenty of good players available at 19. This draft is weak at the top, but solid in the middle. No reason to move up.
We the North
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,395

Post#1682 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:17 am

S.W.A.N wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:We might dangle Brown + #19 to move up in the draft.

That's what I'm hoping/praying for.

I think it gives us a very outside chance to get somewhere between 9-13.

Everyone else below is just too far out to care enough about competing (aside from MEM but I think they know they need a big/Clingan). But I give a VERY slim chance that MAYBE you can convince HOU to keep adding vets (DREAM scenario then pray one of Ron, Buz or Sheppard falls to us), maaaaybe SAC is desperate enough where they think some depth can put them back in the Playoffs since clearly they're not willing to include Keegan to make any real substantial leap.

Best chance I give is maaaaaybe MIA (who I thought was rumoured to have some minor interest in BB & have a ton of money committed to Jimmy, Herro, Bam & Scary Terry) will let you take Robinson's money off the books a year early for them in a pick exchange to move up a few spots. It's not a huge jump but nonetheless may be enough to ENSURE we get a high level back up for the forseeable future (between one of Collier or McCain) and while Duncan's contract sucks it's only one more year than Bruce's and at least it's another shooter. I'm not saying that's a fantastic return but as they said....they gotta start hitting some singles & doubles, not every trade is a homerun swing.

I hope and pray that doesn't happen.

Trading Brown for a 2024 pick is dumb. A 2025 or 2026 pick is way better.
And there are plenty of good players available at 19. This draft is weak at the top, but solid in the middle. No reason to move up.

The whole reason why Brown didn't get traded is BECAUSE we couldn't get a 2025 pick lol sooooo?!?
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,166

Post#1683 » by MiamiSPX » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 pm

CazOnReal wrote:Kings: It really depends on how you feel about Huerter but he's been awful ever since last year's playoffs. I guess there's also Harrison Barnes? He's under contract for another year. Maybe Davion Mitchell? Backup PG but can't shoot for his life.

I could see the Kings being willing to move Huerter and #13 for Brown. They are down on Huerter (with good reason) and I'm sure his injury didn't help. Not sure if I would be thrilled with it but you'd have to be convinced that Huerter's first 5 seasons are more in line with reality than the last year and change. His age fits Bobby's stated desired range, and he does bring size and fills a need. This is the type of good-but-not-great, distressed asset we are likely to nab, if any.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,546

Post#1684 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:51 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:Kings: It really depends on how you feel about Huerter but he's been awful ever since last year's playoffs. I guess there's also Harrison Barnes? He's under contract for another year. Maybe Davion Mitchell? Backup PG but can't shoot for his life.

I could see the Kings being willing to move Huerter and #13 for Brown. They are down on Huerter (with good reason) and I'm sure his injury didn't help. Not sure if I would be thrilled with it but you'd have to be convinced that Huerter's first 5 seasons are more in line with reality than the last year and change. His age fits Bobby's stated desired range, and he does bring size and fills a need. This is the type of good-but-not-great, distressed asset we are likely to nab, if any.

I watched Monte's presser.. they are going to be aggressive to make some moves

Return to Toronto Raptors