ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,307

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 3.0 

Post#361 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:18 am

lobosloboslobos wrote:
Surprised Charlie V isn't in that list. I guess he was having a good rookie season. Still, we must have more outlier 50 pt game guys than anyone in the league (even though Malachi did it for Detroit). Who else has done it for the Raps?

Vince
Freddy
T Ross
Charlie

anyone else?

Siakam did it in nyc i thought
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,984

Post#362 » by Blazing_royale » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:31 am

Julian Champagnie clutch for the Spurs in this game. I wonder why we gave up on him, we invested quite a bit of his development.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,830

Post#363 » by Los_29 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:34 am

Blazing_royale wrote:Julian Champagnie clutch for the Spurs in this game. I wonder why we gave up on him, we invested quite a bit of his development.

We never had him. We had Justin.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,984

Post#364 » by Blazing_royale » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:35 am

Los_29 wrote:
Blazing_royale wrote:Julian Champagnie clutch for the Spurs in this game. I wonder why we gave up on him, we invested quite a bit of his development.

We never had him. We had Justin.

oh dam my bad with the mix up
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,666

Post#365 » by C_Money » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:58 am

OG with 4 points and Precious with 0. As bad as Masai and Bobby have been they hit a home run with that trade.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,697

Post#366 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:57 am

C_Money wrote:OG with 4 points and Precious with 0. As bad as Masai and Bobby have been they hit a home run with that trade.

Say you don't understand basketball without saying it:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#367 » by Los_29 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:07 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
C_Money wrote:OG with 4 points and Precious with 0. As bad as Masai and Bobby have been they hit a home run with that trade.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Big OG fan but it was a home run for us. Seems like OG has missed more games than he’s played with the Knicks. He’s had a big struggle to stay healthy and will likely get a big contract. After 6 years we know what kind of player OG is. He’s a 3+D role player. An elite one though.

Just getting IQ for OG would’ve been great for us. RJ has been a pleasant surprise.

You’ve been pretty quiet about Precious lately. :D I had big hopes for him last year and he had a disappointing year. Then I thought he could rebound this year under Darko but he continued his inconsistent play. It looks like this is who he is. I hope he can turn it around though.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,778

Post#368 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:59 am

Interesting seeing guys like Banton, Flynn, Precious who were all dead weight with us do something after leaving. Perhaps our management isn’t cooked at all and can certainly let spot talent. Flynn is still pretty meh to me despite going for 50. Precious I think has now at least proven he’s not useless and can be in rotation. Banton we’ll have to wait and see but there’s a path there to be a sixth man guy.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#369 » by raptorforlife88 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:07 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:Interesting seeing guys like Banton, Flynn, Precious who were all dead weight with us do something after leaving. Perhaps our management isn’t cooked at all and can certainly let spot talent. Flynn is still pretty meh to me despite going for 50. Precious I think has now at least proven he’s not useless and can be in rotation. Banton we’ll have to wait and see but there’s a path there to be a sixth man guy.

Precious has 2 points total in his last four games combined. Averaging 0.5 PPG.

If we extend it to ten games he's averaging 5ppg.

Hes the same as he was in Toronto. Capable of putting together some great stretches but over the course of the season being really inconsistent.

He proved just as much that he wasn't useless in Toronto as he has in NY.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#370 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 8, 2024 11:57 am

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Big OG fan but it was a home run for us. Seems like OG has missed more games than he’s played with the Knicks. He’s had a big struggle to stay healthy and will likely get a big contract. After 6 years we know what kind of player OG is. He’s a 3+D role player. An elite one though.

Just getting IQ for OG would’ve been great for us. RJ has been a pleasant surprise.

You’ve been pretty quiet about Precious lately. :D I had big hopes for him last year and he had a disappointing year. Then I thought he could rebound this year under Darko but he continued his inconsistent play. It looks like this is who he is. I hope he can turn it around though.

OGs missed games are what they are. If he plays well through a playoff run then Knicks will be happy I'm sure. His won loss record speaks for itself. And he's not just an elite 3and D guy, he's the most impactful defensive player there is. I saw a Knicks board post weeks ago that captured him well, he's the only guy who's not a #1 scorer/max player, who has the impact of one. Because of his defense.

I never saw IQ and RJ much as Knicks. Consensus on their board is RJ was never going to thrive on their team because of overlap with Randle. IQ is the kind of young guard the Raptors needed the past few years to relieve Fred and to play with him sometimes. Yet the Knicks have found a good replacement in McBride, who wouldn't have gotten this chance with IQ there.

But I have to wonder, yes Raps got two starters in RJ and IQ, but what really is the ceiling of the team? Play-in level next year when healthy? Time will tell. Knicks have a real chance for second place right now, if healthy they'd be #2 to Boston for sure, imo. So OG has helped lift them to that level. Without the trade the Knicks weren't going anywhere.

Precious had a great run when they were really injury depleted. He's lost minutes with the return of Robinson. He's earned a place in the league but shooting/spacing is an issue for sure. They say Thibs uses an 8 man rotation in the playoffs so not sure how much of a role he'll have.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,579

Post#371 » by Mak » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:46 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

OGs missed games are what they are. If he plays well through a playoff run then Knicks will be happy I'm sure. His won loss record speaks for itself. And he's not just an elite 3and D guy, he's the most impactful defensive player there is. I saw a Knicks board post weeks ago that captured him well, he's the only guy who's not a #1 scorer/max player, who has the impact of one. Because of his defense.

I never saw IQ and RJ much as Knicks. Consensus on their board is RJ was never going to thrive on their team because of overlap with Randle. IQ is the kind of young guard the Raptors needed the past few years to relieve Fred and to play with him sometimes. Yet the Knicks have found a good replacement in McBride, who wouldn't have gotten this chance with IQ there.

But I have to wonder, yes Raps got two starters in RJ and IQ, but what really is the ceiling of the team? Play-in level next year when healthy? Time will tell. Knicks have a real chance for second place right now, if healthy they'd be #2 to Boston for sure, imo. So OG has helped lift them to that level. Without the trade the Knicks weren't going anywhere.

Precious had a great run when they were really injury depleted. He's lost minutes with the return of Robinson. He's earned a place in the league but shooting/spacing is an issue for sure. They say Thibs uses an 8 man rotation in the playoffs so not sure how much of a role he'll have.

If you look a little deeper, consensus before the trade was that RJ was better than OG. :lol:
Los_29
RealGM

Post#372 » by Los_29 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:11 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If he had the impact of a max player we would’ve been a better team.

Aren’t the Knicks like 5th? There are lots of teams still in play for 2nd. If the Knicks get to the ECF or finals then I will eat crow. I don’t think they get there.

Ceiling of our team is an interesting one. But the ceiling of our team with OG wasn’t high. Changes needed to be made and IQ and RJ have been fantastic for us. If we add some nice pieces in the offseason then who knows.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#373 » by brownbobcat » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:40 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:I never saw IQ and RJ much as Knicks. Consensus on their board is RJ was never going to thrive on their team because of overlap with Randle. IQ is the kind of young guard the Raptors needed the past few years to relieve Fred and to play with him sometimes. Yet the Knicks have found a good replacement in McBride, who wouldn't have gotten this chance with IQ there.

It's the rare win-win trade. RJ/IQ may never be good enough to be the #2-3 options on a 50-win team, but they'll get the chance to find out here. I love OG, he's the type of player we'll spend the next decade searching for again, but the injuries were a pretty serious red flag and the team wasn't going anywhere with him.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,666

Post#374 » by C_Money » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:00 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I didn’t watch the game but this is an offensive league nowadays. And it looks like Giannis got his normal average while the Bucks shot 46% as a team. Meanwhile RJ and Quickley scored 22 and 31 points. Thats just way more impact on the game than what OG did.

The Knicks basically go as far as Brunson takes them. He’s a legit superstar.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM

Post#375 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:48 pm

raptorforlife88 wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:Interesting seeing guys like Banton, Flynn, Precious who were all dead weight with us do something after leaving. Perhaps our management isn’t cooked at all and can certainly let spot talent. Flynn is still pretty meh to me despite going for 50. Precious I think has now at least proven he’s not useless and can be in rotation. Banton we’ll have to wait and see but there’s a path there to be a sixth man guy.

Precious has 2 points total in his last four games combined. Averaging 0.5 PPG.

If we extend it to ten games he's averaging 5ppg.

Hes the same as he was in Toronto. Capable of putting together some great stretches but over the course of the season being really inconsistent.

He proved just as much that he wasn't useless in Toronto as he has in NY.

Is he not really playing though because Mitchell is back? I haven’t really looked lately but it wouldn’t surprise me he fell out of rotation now that they have centers

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#376 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:43 am

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Aren’t the Knicks like 5th? There are lots of teams still in play for 2nd. If the Knicks get to the ECF or finals then I will eat crow. I don’t think they get there.

Turns out you can look up the standings on the internet. Knicks are now 3rd place, 1 game back of Bucks. The January Knicks would be a clear second place now if not for injuries. We'll see how far they go without Randle, you may or may not eat that crow
Basketball_Jones
RealGM

Post#377 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Apr 9, 2024 2:33 am

Knicks are definitely dangerous if OG and Randle are healthy. I’d say probably second best team in the East if healthy. Bucks I don’t trust. Sixers I don’t trust. Miamis run is about done imo. But all that being said…Randle I don’t trust in the playoffs lol

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

Los_29
RealGM

Post#378 » by Los_29 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:40 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Turns out you can look up the standings on the internet. Knicks are now 3rd place, 1 game back of Bucks. The January Knicks would be a clear second place now if not for injuries. We'll see how far they go without Randle, you may or may not eat that crow

They are all bunched up though which was my point. Knicks aren’t a championship caliber team and they likely don’t even surpass what they did last year with RJ and IQ.

No one dislikes OG. People are just saying it was a home run trade for us. I don’t think anyone can deny it. OG was a great player for us but just not an impact player. And he’s got serious issues staying healthy and/or reluctant to play through injuries.
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,906

Post#379 » by Agimat » Tue Apr 9, 2024 11:04 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Knicks are definitely dangerous if OG and Randle are healthy. I’d say probably second best team in the East if healthy. Bucks I don’t trust. Sixers I don’t trust. Miamis run is about done imo. But all that being said…Randle I don’t trust in the playoffs lol

If both are healthy, they're the fav to me coming out in the East
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#380 » by Chandan » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:22 am

lol after winning 11 straight houston completely reversed and lost 5 straight and are now likely out of the playin race.
Fred shot 31% from three over that stretch.

Return to Toronto Raptors