ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,867

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 3.0 

Post#341 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:49 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:I don't think he was treated fairly. Regardless, I wouldn't expect any other ream to give the 59th pick a chance especially with a suspension. His best and only realistic chance was with Raps. Any NBA chance is already probably over. Unfortunate.

So you wouldn't expect any other team to give him a chance, but the Raptors 'shafted him'.

Obviously Masai is held to a higher standard.

Can we also just for a moment look at how bad our luck has been with fringe prospects lately?

Porter is a degenerate gambler
Koloko had a crazy health issue
Harris was doing some sort of **** with drugs/PEDs/whatever

All 3 were dudes who I personally think would have developed into bench pieces and all 3 are looking like they may never play another NBA minute, although Harris might get a chance next year. I cant believe he actually is not on a 2-way somewhere

Yeah I actually really liked Jalen Harris. He seemed to have a very natural game about him. Could shoot, get to the rim, shifty, good motor. I was really bummed that he got caught up in whatever and I'd definitely welcome him back.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,176

Post#342 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:54 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
So you wouldn't expect any other team to give him a chance, but the Raptors 'shafted him'.

Can we also just for a moment look at how bad our luck has been with fringe prospects lately?

All 3 were dudes who I personally think would have developed into bench pieces and all 3 are looking like they may never play another NBA minute, although Harris might get a chance next year. I cant believe he actually is not on a 2-way somewhere

Yeah I actually really liked Jalen Harris. He seemed to have a very natural game about him. Could shoot, get to the rim, shifty, good motor. I was really bummed that he got caught up in whatever and I'd definitely welcome him back.

If Porter is cleared innocent and Koloko is healthy I would take them back in a heartbeat as well. Would be nice to have some legit depth with guys fighting for playing time to push one another. Something we have 100% been missing the last few years. A far far cry from when we were not even playing Siakam to start the 2017/18 season, or Delon/Norm being in and out of the lineup for 2 seasons before finally breaking in as just bench guys, or Poeltl our top 10 pick being our 3rd best center before we got Kawhi.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,102

Post#343 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:19 pm

Although I am so glad we dodged that bullet, I am starting to feel bad for OG. Seeing the way Thibs and Hart are speaking about him, it doesn't sound like he's coming back anytime soon. I think there is a chance Dolan involves himself in these contract negotiations if they are talking max money.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#344 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:28 pm

Anyone want to take a guess at the type of years and dollars these former Raptor Free Agents will secure this summer?

OG, Siakam, Achiuwa, and maybe Flynn while we are at it.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#345 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:34 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:Anyone want to take a guess at the type of years and dollars these former Raptor Free Agents will secure this summer?

OG: 4/140
Siakam: Max
Achiuwa: 3/36
Flynn: Overseas
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#346 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:06 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:Anyone want to take a guess at the type of years and dollars these former Raptor Free Agents will secure this summer?

Think the Pacers will max him @ $247.1 million over five years or $190.8 million over four or a non-Pacers team @ $183.2 million over four years?
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#347 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:03 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:

Think the Pacers will max him @ $247.1 million over five years or $190.8 million over four or a non-Pacers team @ $183.2 million over four years?

I think Indy gives him the 5-year max.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,531

Post#348 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:38 pm

I think OG is going to get a crazy offer from a team like DET or PHI and I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks need to match a max (or near max) offer.
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,447

Post#349 » by oldncreaky » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:55 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:I think OG is going to get a crazy offer from a team like DET or PHI and I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks need to match a max (or near max) offer.

Agree -- I think NYK is going to have to max OG to keep him

If you look at it from Detroit's perspective, with their salary cap sheet, a 4 year max of OG makes a lot of sense because they have so much room and not many players on the roster worth spending it on

If you look at it from Philly's perspective, a 4 year max of OG makes a lot of sense because of how well he'd fit as the third wheel to Embiid and Maxey, and Embiid's window could be very short.
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,531

Post#350 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:58 pm

oldncreaky wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:I think OG is going to get a crazy offer from a team like DET or PHI and I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks need to match a max (or near max) offer.

Agree -- I think NYK is going to have to max OG to keep him

If you look at it from Detroit's perspective, with their salary cap sheet, a 4 year max of OG makes a lot of sense because they have so much room and not many players on the roster worth spending it on

If you look at it from Philly's perspective, a 4 year max of OG makes a lot of sense because of how well he'd fit as the third wheel to Embiid and Maxey, and Embiid's window could be very short.

It's also not often that a 26/27 year old player like OG makes it to free agency. It's mostly a bunch of 30 year olds or guys nearing 30. So despite the injuries, teams would be getting his prime years on his next deal.

Maybe OG does the Knicks a solid and gives them a slight discount, but if he really opens himself up to the entire market, I think the bidding will get high.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,697

Post#351 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:41 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:I don't think he was treated fairly. Regardless, I wouldn't expect any other ream to give the 59th pick a chance especially with a suspension. His best and only realistic chance was with Raps. Any NBA chance is already probably over. Unfortunate.

I was going to add Terence Davis, domestic abuse to that list. Googled him first, I knew he'd played with SAC last year. This year he was with Portland's Gleague team but tore his Achilles in January. So, future up in the air.

Re Harris, was it ever revealed if his drug use was recreational or ped?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
MadDesperado
Junior
And1: 265

Post#352 » by MadDesperado » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:05 am

Malachi Flynn 50 piece vs the Hawks today. I hope he carves a role for himself in the league, he had some really nice plays for us just never had any consistency. Clearly the talent is there tho and he looked pretty good at times for Darko early this season
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,222

Post#353 » by niQ » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:58 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#354 » by Mister Ze » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:20 am

I would have bet my life savings Flynn wouldn’t drop a 50 piece against playoff team while coming off the bench.

This is why I don’t gamble
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,582

Post#355 » by mdenny » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:49 am

50 points in 34 minutes lol.

The hawks have a serious problem with Young at point guard. Anyone else think about Young going to the Spurs? I could see it. That ain't lob city. That's lob universe.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,641

Post#356 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:58 pm

Flynnsanity!
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
CazOnReal
Senior
And1: 446

Post#357 » by CazOnReal » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:00 pm

mdenny wrote:50 points in 34 minutes lol.

The hawks have a serious problem with Young at point guard. Anyone else think about Young going to the Spurs? I could see it. That ain't lob city. That's lob universe.

Young to SAS is basically the only way for the Hawks to un-fuc* themselves and their next 3 years of existence after the Murray trade. The downside is they're probably only getting 1-2 firsts that aren't the Hawks getting their own back and, like, Keldon Johnson for Trae.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,429

Post#358 » by Tha Cynic » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:42 am

So that Aichuwa hot streak seems to be over, just like it usually is.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,876

Post#359 » by lobosloboslobos » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:32 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19[/quote]

Surprised Charlie V isn't in that list. I guess he was having a good rookie season. Still, we must have more outlier 50 pt game guys than anyone in the league (even though Malachi did it for Detroit). Who else has done it for the Raps?

Vince
Freddy
T Ross
Charlie

anyone else?
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,876

Post#360 » by lobosloboslobos » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:35 am

Meanwhile Night Bus is keeping up his hot play. He's got 12/6/6 in 17 minutes tonight and is +15. Mind you it's the wizards.

Still, 26/5/5/2/3 (8-17 FG, 4-8 3Pt, 6-8 FT) on Monday. 19 ppg in his last 11.

Man I wish we still had him. Nicky really messed up with Banton I think. otoh maybe he just needed the kind of starter minutes we didn't have for him but that he's getting now.

Return to Toronto Raptors