ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,649

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0 

Post#721 » by sbsat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:15 am

The spurs are very clearly tanking. No interest in winning. They dont play wemby in crunch tome at all
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#722 » by bballsparkin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:21 am

sbsat wrote:The spurs are very clearly tanking. No interest in winning. They dont play wemby in crunch tome at all

Smart, now is the time to add talent with him. Once he fills out they'll need to get Tony Parker and Ginobli lucky.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#723 » by bballsparkin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:23 am

Psubs wrote:Should the Hawks trade Trae Young? Who could use him?

Yes. Second question is more difficult. I like the Lakers with AD if LBJ leaves. The Bucks if Damion wasn't there. Heat?
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,589

Post#724 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:50 am

Wemby with 40 20 7
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#725 » by Chandan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:56 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:Wemby with 40 20 7

We choose getting embarrassed by a 8 yrs old thank you very much.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,694

Post#726 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:01 am

sbsat wrote:The spurs are very clearly tanking. No interest in winning. They dont play wemby in crunch tome at all

Is that sarcasm? He played the last few minutes and all of overtime.

What a contrast between Spurs effort vs Knicks compared to Raptors.

Having said that, the NBA is hard to watch right now. The refs step in and change the course of a game at will. NBA jump balls are a joke but you never ever see a call for tipping the ball going up. And it happens every single jump ball. But they called one on Robinson vs Wemby and that was the game, gave Spurs 14 shot clock instead of 4. But now ESPN tomorrow can wallow in Wemby worship
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,086

Post#727 » by ItsDanger » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:03 am

Raps management certainly has signs of short term decision making style.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#728 » by Los_29 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:07 am

WaltFrazier wrote:

Having said that, the NBA is hard to watch right now. The refs step in and change the course of a game at will. NBA jump balls are a joke but you never ever see a call for tipping the ball going up. And it happens every single jump ball. But they called one on Robinson vs Wemby and that was the game, gave Spurs 14 shot clock instead of 4. But now ESPN tomorrow can wallow in Wemby worship

Don’t think you can compare effort. Spurs were playing their best guys. You can’t win in this league by putting together starting lineups consisting of rookies and G-League players. You just saw it with the Blazers tonight as they lost by 60.

Crazy win by the Spurs. Knicks need their guys back asap.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#729 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:13 am

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Don’t think you can compare effort. Spurs were playing their best guys. You can’t win in this league by putting together starting lineups consisting of rookies and G-League players. You just saw it with the Blazers tonight as they lost by 60.

Spurs have 18 wins
Los_29
RealGM

Post#730 » by Los_29 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:19 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Is that sarcasm? He played the last few minutes and all of overtime.

Spurs have 18 wins

Not sure how that’s relevant to the discussion. Spurs started their regular lineup. We are missing 4 of our best players. See the difference?
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#731 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:22 am

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Spurs have 18 wins

Not sure how that’s relevant to the discussion. Spurs started their regular lineup. We are missing 4 of our best players. See the difference?

Yes I know. Spurs are playing out of their minds lately beating Suns with no Wemby and now tonight. Refs really helped them tonight though.

I know Raptors are really undermanned but effort could be better. Memphis has been playing tough with a GLeague roster for longer. But I get it, who cares
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#732 » by sbsat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:37 am

WaltFrazier wrote:

My bad i didnt understand pop holing him back until like the 5 min mark!
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#733 » by sbsat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:41 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Spurs have 18 wins

Yes I know. Spurs are playing out of their minds lately beating Suns with no Wemby and now tonight. Refs really helped them tonight though.

I know Raptors are really undermanned but effort could be better. Memphis has been playing tough with a GLeague roster for longer. But I get it, who cares

Excuses are great but watching the raptors effort lately and id argue all year and not raising red flags is weird. Even in losses you extract info including positives. Other than better ball movement, nothing the team has done this year.leaves anything to be desired
Los_29
RealGM

Post#734 » by Los_29 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:44 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Spurs have 18 wins

Spurs are a bad team and they can play their main guys and still lose. But having those lineups is still infinitely better than what we are throwing out there because at least the Spurs have guys that have familiarity with each other. I don’t think our current lineup would even win 10 games over the course of a season.

The 4 wins Memphis has this month have been against the Spurs, Wizards, Sixers and Nets. They’ve also been blown out a lot a few times including a 30 point loss to the Blazers. Bane has also come back and played a few games for them.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#735 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:45 am

sbsat wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

My bad i didnt understand pop holing him back until like the 5 min mark!

All good. He ended up 38 minutes
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#736 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:51 am

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Spurs are a bad team and they can play their main guys and still lose. But having those lineups is still infinitely better than what we are throwing out there because at least the Spurs have guys that have familiarity with each other. I don’t think our current lineup would even win 10 games over the course of a season.

The 4 wins Memphis has this month have been against the Spurs, Wizards, Sixers and Nets. They’ve also been blown out a lot a few times including a 30 point loss to the Blazers. Bane has also come back and played a few games for them.

Makes me wonder how many Raps would have won if Scottie and Jak didn't get hurt and RJ and IQ didn't have family tragedies. They'd have been so much better than these tanking teams, too good to be losing like this. Would have conveyed the pick to Spurs for sure
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,589

Post#737 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:56 am

Chandan wrote:

Wemby was going to the spurs regardless but the fact that we actually decided to compete when the option to tank was so clear is forever ridiculous
Los_29
RealGM

Post#738 » by Los_29 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:20 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Makes me wonder how many Raps would have won if Scottie and Jak didn't get hurt and RJ and IQ didn't have family tragedies. They'd have been so much better than these tanking teams, too good to be losing like this. Would have conveyed the pick to Spurs for sure

Good question. Maybe 30-32 wins?
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,062

Post#739 » by HumbleRen » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:36 am

This stretch of hoops from Jalen Green is mind boggling.

Amen Thompson is like the perfect companion for him.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,995

Post#740 » by Coco Costanza » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:40 am

Chandan wrote:

I will forever be annoyed with Masai's moves that season. Oh, we need a centre? Yeah, let's not tank for a potential all-time centre in Wemby.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.

Return to Toronto Raptors