ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,655

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0 

Post#621 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:56 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The league's changing the approach of the refs in order to bring back defense, is good for the Knicks style
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#622 » by Los_29 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:15 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The league's changing the approach of the refs in order to bring back defense, is good for the Knicks style

League would love nothing more than the Knicks to make a deep run in the playoffs. The problem with the Knicks is they are currently 4th. That’s a 2nd round matchup with Boston.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,083

Post#623 » by MiamiSPX » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:25 pm

Los_29 wrote:League would love nothing more than the Knicks to make a deep run in the playoffs. The problem with the Knicks is they are currently 4th. That’s a 2nd round matchup with Boston.

The other problem with the Knicks is that their 2nd best player is Julius Randle.

They remind me of the Lowry-DeRozan Raps (which is not a bad place to be), where their record is really good and on a lot of nights they torch opponents in the regular season. And their fans and media have convinced themselves they can get it done as currently constructed. But deep down, most non-Knicks fans know the end result. We all know the history of titles won by teams whose best player is an undersized guard. It's one thing to go do that against a bad defensive team like SAC (impressive win nonetheless), let's see that done IN Boston, in the playoffs, against White and Jrue lol.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#624 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:31 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Los_29 wrote:League would love nothing more than the Knicks to make a deep run in the playoffs. The problem with the Knicks is they are currently 4th. That’s a 2nd round matchup with Boston.

The other problem with the Knicks is that their 2nd best player is Julius Randle.

They remind me of the Lowry-DeRozan Raps (which is not a bad place to be), where their record is really good and on a lot of nights they torch opponents in the regular season. And their fans and media have convinced themselves they can get it done as currently constructed. But deep down, most non-Knicks fans know the end result. We all know the history of titles won by teams whose best player is an undersized guard. It's one thing to go do that against a bad defensive team like SAC (impressive win nonetheless), let's see that done IN Boston, in the playoffs, against White and Jrue lol.

The sad part of their injuries in February is they were in second place and headed to stay there. One silver lining is McBride and Achiuwa have had a chance to show they are part of the rotation. If Randle and Robinson come back and the team gets in sync so late in the season, they can beat anyone but Boston. But in the offseason I agree they need to add another scoring star to challenge Boston next year.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,455

Post#625 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:47 pm

who woulda thought this

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,486

Post#626 » by Brinbe » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:03 pm

insane shot by kyrie to win it

Read on Twitter
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,062

Post#627 » by HumbleRen » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:52 pm

bballsparkin wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:Brunson has been playing like a top 15 player this year.

Incredible that certain folks were saying Knicks overpaid him and that he wasn’t better than certain guys on our team last year.

Incredible story and arguably the best FA signing of the 2020’s so far. All they’re missing is a 1B in my opinion.

So you think Brunson is a 1A? I guess if he can play in the playoffs like he did last year in the playoffs he is a 1A,...in this modern NBA. :wink:

I think in a world where there’s no super teams, and parity is more relevant than ever, Brunson could be the 1A, atleast in the eastern conference.

Randle is really good but he can’t be the 2nd best player for that to happen though.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,765

Post#628 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:46 pm

Banton would have been a great backup here :banghead:
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,499

Post#629 » by bballsparkin » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:47 am

HumbleRen wrote:I think in a world where there’s no super teams, and parity is more relevant than ever, Brunson could be the 1A, atleast in the eastern conference.

Randle is really good but he can’t be the 2nd best player for that to happen though.

OG is perfect for them. And Precious has been good. I'm not an old school Raps fan. I joined Bosh's rookie season. I've never had beef with the NYK's. I rooted for them the Ewing years. Although lately the Knicks have been fun to laugh at; like the Leafs. I'd be happy if the Knicks came out of the East.
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#630 » by bballsparkin » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:50 am

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

League would love nothing more than the Knicks to make a deep run in the playoffs. The problem with the Knicks is they are currently 4th. That’s a 2nd round matchup with Boston.

All the more reason to cheer for them. **** Boston. 8-)
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#631 » by bballsparkin » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:54 am

WaltFrazier wrote:The sad part of their injuries in February is they were in second place and headed to stay there. One silver lining is McBride and Achiuwa have had a chance to show they are part of the rotation. If Randle and Robinson come back and the team gets in sync so late in the season, they can beat anyone but Boston. But in the offseason I agree they need to add another scoring star to challenge Boston next year.

I thought Robinson was finished. Is there a chance he comes back for the playoffs? As the Raptor's representative to the Knicks I trust that you are informed on the matter. :eyebrows:
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#632 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:06 am

bballsparkin wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:The sad part of their injuries in February is they were in second place and headed to stay there. One silver lining is McBride and Achiuwa have had a chance to show they are part of the rotation. If Randle and Robinson come back and the team gets in sync so late in the season, they can beat anyone but Boston. But in the offseason I agree they need to add another scoring star to challenge Boston next year.

I thought Robinson was finished. Is there a chance he comes back for the playoffs? As the Raptor's representative to the Knicks I trust that you are informed on the matter. :eyebrows:

My info comes second hand from the Knicks board. :D The Knicks applied earlier for the injury exception to the salary cap, or whatever it's called, implying he was out for the season. The league denied it. Since then they post a lot of hopeful stuff that he's working out, testing the ankle, may be back before the season ends. I don't know how realistic it is but their board seems to take it as a given.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#633 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:25 am

Clippers were looking great a month ago but now falling apart before our eyes. Down 24 to ATL early in the 4th.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#634 » by Los_29 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:08 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:

Yeah for sure. They have no chance but good for Knicks fans to finally see some competitive basketball. If they can package their picks along with Randle or Brunson for a superstar then they will be in great shape. Brunson is a good piece to keep though given that salary. Just not sure you can win with a player like that. Time will tell.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,166

Post#635 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:18 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Banton would have been a great backup here :banghead:

Dont let #'s on bad teams fool you.

Averaging 15/4/3 on 53TS% is not good. 53TS% is also not good considering he is shooting 39% from 3 and his career in the NBA and GLeague shows he is closer to a 30% shooter.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,083

Post#636 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:18 pm

Been trying to catch the Spurs as much as I can lately. Not sure what to think about Sochan. In multiple games I've caught, he will have 5 minute stretches where my thoughts range between these:

- This kid has potential, love his effort
- This kid will be out of the league within the next 2 years
- Great teammate, energy is infectious
- I would despise having this kid on my team
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,765

Post#637 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:30 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

Averaging 15/4/3 on 53TS% is not good. 53TS% is also not good considering he is shooting 39% from 3 and his career in the NBA and GLeague shows he is closer to a 30% shooter.

Well we are also a bad team, should we just ignore what RJ/IQ/Scottie/Ochai do? It goes both ways. Bantons numbers look like he's a solid backup to me. But if he did want to leave due to off court distractions here, it's too bad we couldn't have helped him. But that type of catering for a second rounder is kind of unheard of, so I get why they didn't reach out more. He had real talent though so I think he's going to eventually be a player in this league.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,858

Post#638 » by Duffman100 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:36 pm

Two seasons in a row, Elfrid Payton put up consistent triple doubles in the last 20 games of the season.

When teams tank, players get opportunities to play a lot of minutes, with the ball in their hands and put up stats. It doesn't mean their play equates to winning basketball.

Banton did have 28, 5 and 6. He also had 5 turnovers and was second worst on the team with a -21 - Scoot was worst with -24. As much as I don't value single game +/-, in the games previous he was,

-18 (in 22 minutes :lol: )
+18 (against us)

Wait until they play real basketball again, if he's in the rotation and contributing to actual positive play.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,166

Post#639 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:37 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Well we are also a bad team, should we just ignore what RJ/IQ/Scottie/Ochai do? It goes both ways. Bantons numbers look like he's a solid backup to me. But if he did want to leave due to off court distractions here, it's too bad we couldn't have helped him. But that type of catering for a second rounder is kind of unheard of, so I get why they didn't reach out more. He had real talent though so I think he's going to eventually be a player in this league.

Bantons numbers do not look like solid backup. Once his 3 pointer regresses to what it always has been, he is going to be a sub 50TS% player which is straight up unplayable and is out-of-the-league worthy.

Different situation from RJ / IQ who are at least putting up efficient numbers. Banton is putting up inefficient #'s and that is WITH unsustainable 3 point shooting. He has nice fantasy point #'s, but he wont even be a rotation player next year once teams are healthy and trying to win again.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#640 » by ash_k » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

One thing for certain the videos(Knicks) that Ike Azotam fella had taken and allegedly sent to Darko had zero information about the Knicks defense.
One can only imagine the kind of defense a Thibodeau's team would have with OG, Scottie, Pascal, Jak .
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.

Return to Toronto Raptors