ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,864

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0 

Post#1061 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:05 am

Dame and Pascal should have just teamed up in TO, would have been over
EastonEddy
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#1062 » by EastonEddy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:Dame and Pascal should have just teamed up in TO, would have been over

We should have just traded Scottie for a real star to pair with Siakam.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,799

Post#1063 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:21 am

TheRealDeal wrote:I was told Siakam couldn’t perform in the playoffs. Just shows how idiotic most of our fanbase is

In grind it out, half court with little spacing teammates around him he did fine the last series and play-in. Pacers just have the roster built for his game.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,159

Post#1064 » by Chandan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:I was told Siakam couldn’t perform in the playoffs. Just shows how idiotic most of our fanbase is

In grind it out, half court with little spacing teammates around him he did fine the last series and play-in. Pacers just have the roster built for his game.

Easy when they gave up close to nothing to get him on the roster (minus Bruce Brown)
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,331

Post#1065 » by canada_dry » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:06 am

HeS a ThIrD oPtIoN !

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#1066 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:12 am

Chandan wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:

Easy when they gave up close to nothing to get him on the roster (minus Bruce Brown)

That's called missing the point.......we should have built a better team around him. We could have easily done this with the assets we had.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,857

Post#1067 » by Los_29 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Quick search can't find it. I think you said they were 4th when they were actually tied for 2nd at the time. Ended up clear 2nd after that. You kind of cast doubt on them finishing 2nd. But what I'm probably thinking of is you said you'd eat crow if they get to the ECF. Close enough right? :lol:

Ok ok I may have been off there.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying having a team to root for in the playoffs.

So not only did you misquote me but you didn’t even get the point I was trying to make. There were 4-6 teams very close together in the standings. Knicks finished 2nd but could’ve easily finished much lower.

My only point was in spite of injuries they did indeed fight through and finish second. Ahead of healthier teams

Other teams had injuries as well though. Sixers didn’t have Embiid for 2-3 months. But yeah, they are a good team. I never said they weren’t. They just aren’t a championship caliber team. But we will see in these playoffs.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,159

Post#1068 » by Chandan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Chandan wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:

That's called missing the point.......we should have built a better team around him. We could have easily done this with the assets we had.

i reserve my judgement until Siakam get past the first round. Even as someone who liked Siakam I still doubt he is a guy to build around. Give him an alpha for sure. Not use him as the center piece.
What happens if we face the Bulls again and Dia Derozan shows up?
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,799

Post#1069 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:32 am

Chandan wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Chandan wrote:

i reserve my judgement until Siakam get past the first round. Even as someone who liked Siakam I still doubt he is a guy to build around. Give him an alpha for sure. Not use him as the center piece.
What happens if we face the Bulls again and Dia Derozan shows up?

Demar turned into an alpha with the Bulls in his 30’s. change of scenery and weight of Toronto off his shoulders in a way. Sure he’s still not a first option but definitely more clutch then he used to be. Maybe Siakam gains confidence now too.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Post#1070 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 am

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
So not only did you misquote me but you didn’t even get the point I was trying to make. There were 4-6 teams very close together in the standings. Knicks finished 2nd but could’ve easily finished much lower.

My only point was in spite of injuries they did indeed fight through and finish second. Ahead of healthier teams

Other teams had injuries as well though. Sixers didn’t have Embiid for 2-3 months. But yeah, they are a good team. I never said they weren’t. They just aren’t a championship caliber team. But we will see in these playoffs.

I agree they're not going to win a title this year. With their #2 scorer Randle they'd be closer, might give Boston a hard series. I think they have a chance to be a Pistons style true team with no superstar, depending on moves this summer, either adding pieces or making a bigger move.

We will see, as you said.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
wayoftheroad
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,813

Post#1071 » by wayoftheroad » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:05 am

Let's see pascal doing this with Giannis patrolling the defense. Bucks defense is trash rifht now
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#1072 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:07 am

wayoftheroad wrote:Let's see pascal doing this with Giannis patrolling the defense. Bucks defense is trash rifht now

Just. Recognize. Game.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#1073 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 am

Question - Who's the leading scorer in the playoffs thua far?
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,516

Post#1074 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:My only point was in spite of injuries they did indeed fight through and finish second. Ahead of healthier teams

I agree they're not going to win a title this year. With their #2 scorer Randle they'd be closer, might give Boston a hard series. I think they have a chance to be a Pistons style true team with no superstar, depending on moves this summer, either adding pieces or making a bigger move.

It's pretty much impossible to win in the NBA when your best player is a small guard not named Steph Curry. Knicks need to swap Randle for a first option wing/big before they even become fake contenders.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,857

Post#1075 » by Los_29 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:24 am

Chandan wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:

That’s how those deals workout. Picks are almost always on the move as opposed to players.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,976

Post#1076 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 am

HumbleRen wrote:
mdenny wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
All these naysayers saying Jamal is a fringe All star yeah in the regular season but that's just pre-season to Jamal in the playoffs he's 1st team All NBA.

I care not about all star teams and player awards.

But it's insane that Jamal hasn't been an allstar yet. Just goes for show how stupid that whole thing is.

All star is a regular season award, not a playoff award.

Paolo and Scottie are both all stars but would you really pick them over someone like Siakam or Murray in a playoff setting ? Most likely not.

:lol:
gbball
Starter
And1: 2,303

Post#1077 » by gbball » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 am

wayoftheroad wrote:Let's see pascal doing this with Giannis patrolling the defense. Bucks defense is trash rifht now

Siakam can score against any defense, especially when his shot is going. His weaknesses are his defense...(he's happy to trade baskets at times), being able to put a team on his back, and reliable free throw shooting. He's had big games against Embiid, Giannis, and Draymond in big games in the past. No one can stop him, he just stops himself.

But it looks like Indiana is a good fit for him.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,164

Post#1078 » by MiamiSPX » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:45 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

It's pretty much impossible to win in the NBA when your best player is a small guard not named Steph Curry. Knicks need to swap Randle for a first option wing/big before they even become fake contenders.

I said the same a few weeks ago. It's an extremely short list of teams that have won whose best player is an undersized guard. And the ones that did were generational talents, no doubt about it Hall of Famers. One of the refs in Game 1 was bigger than Brunson. Not bashing him at all, the guy is a bulldog and full credit to him for what he has become. But unfortunately, that unchangeable limitation is a thing.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#1079 » by Merit » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:25 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

I said the same a few weeks ago. It's an extremely short list of teams that have won whose best player is an undersized guard. And the ones that did were generational talents, no doubt about it Hall of Famers. One of the refs in Game 1 was bigger than Brunson. Not bashing him at all, the guy is a bulldog and full credit to him for what he has become. But unfortunately, that unchangeable limitation is a thing.

They have the role player pieces who play huge and have the clutch gene. Josh Hart, OG, Donte. They’re hardcore. The pistons comparison is apt. They’re arguably better with Randle missing since they don’t have a poor defender who can be attacked, Brunson’s size differential aside. Thibs knows what he’s doing and he finally has decent personnel. OG is huge for them.
I believe in Masai.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,176

Post#1080 » by HiJiNX » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 pm

SFour wrote:alot of former Raptors are looking good in the playoffs

The front office likes to talk about culture, and how the culture failed the team. I wonder if they’ve looked at themselves to see how they failed in building culture. The way Siakam was treated by this organization since the bubble was not okay. He deserved better. He looks like he’s playing with less pressure in Indy. Happy for him. Wish it coulda happened here.

It’s like watching your ex who you didn’t appreciate have a happy relationship somewhere else…while you’re still swiping on Tinder trying to find someone with a half decent personality.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive

Return to Toronto Raptors