ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,448

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0 

Post#601 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:51 am

If Knicks dont give OG the max, DET, Philly, SAN will
Tripod
Head Coach
And1: 6,291

Post#602 » by Tripod » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:28 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:If Knicks dont give OG the max, DET, Philly, SAN will

Was thinking last night a similar thing...

Both OG and PS might have told their teams they will re-sign and given a number, but that might change.

OG might get offers higher than he expected when originally traded.

And PS might feel he isn't getting used enough or to his strengths so might look elsewhere if offers are there.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,514

Post#603 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:37 pm

Morey has a limited timeframe given that Embiid is almost 30 already and they need to win while he's still upright. He's going to throw a max offer at someone.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,079

Post#604 » by MiamiSPX » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:47 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Morey has a limited timeframe given that Embiid is almost 30 already and they need to win while he's still upright. He's going to throw a max offer at someone.

That window is closing fast. I also just heard yesterday that there is no ETA for Embiid's return.

He has 1-2 good years left IMO.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#605 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:15 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:Morey has a limited timeframe given that Embiid is almost 30 already and they need to win while he's still upright. He's going to throw a max offer at someone.

That window is closing fast. I also just heard yesterday that there is no ETA for Embiid's return.

He has 1-2 good years left IMO.

Never liked him but that reality sucks
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#606 » by Dalek » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:30 pm

I read that Euroleague star Dzanan Musa wants to make a return to the NBA and he just became a free agent.

He is only 24 and 6'9, and averaged 13.6/2.6/2.3 on a phenomenal 62/41.6/81.6 for Real Madrid. This Bosnian kid plays with some fire.

WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#607 » by WuTang_OG » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:19 am

LaFrentz underrated, always liked him

Read on Twitter
?s=20
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,222

Post#608 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:14 pm

Tripod wrote:

Both OG and PS might have told their teams they will re-sign and given a number, but that might change.

And PS might feel he isn't getting used enough or to his strengths so might look elsewhere if offers are there.

PS looking for that fifth year so if he gets offered the max, then he re-signs.
OG is the bigger flight risk if sixers or pistons offer the max. SA always the dark horse. After this year, they will have their own pick and possibly the raps and they will improve just with vassell and wemby. so yeah i could see them making an OG play. not sure if they offer him the max tho.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#609 » by kwajo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:39 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:LaFrentz underrated, always liked him

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He'd be an ideal big man in today's game. A 6'11" guy who had multiple +40% shooting seasons from 3? Teams would be frothing for that these days.
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 622

Post#610 » by AaronB » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:41 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Tripod wrote:

OG is the bigger flight risk if sixers or pistons offer the max. SA always the dark horse. After this year, they will have their own pick and possibly the raps and they will improve just with vassell and wemby. so yeah i could see them making an OG play. not sure if they offer him the max tho.

I think it is much more likely SA pushes up IQs price to a really uncomfortable level for Toronto than offer OG.

I don't know how high SA will go, but the AAS for IQ will probably be in the $30Ms range.

Now ask the question, with SB signing something in the $40Ms AAS range and RJ at $27M AAS and Poeltl at $20M AAS, do the Raptors really intend to sign OG to a MAX contract?
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#611 » by ArthurVandelay » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:07 pm

AaronB wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Tripod wrote:Was thinking last night a similar thing...

I think it is much more likely SA pushes up IQs price to a really uncomfortable level for Toronto than offer OG.

I don't know how high SA will go, but the AAS for IQ will probably be in the $30Ms range.

Now ask the question, with SB signing something in the $40Ms AAS range and RJ at $27M AAS and Poeltl at $20M AAS, do the Raptors really intend to sign OG to a MAX contract?

Sam Antonio more likely to draft a rookie than sign one in FA imo. We’ll see though.
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 622

Post#612 » by AaronB » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:40 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
AaronB wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:

Sam Antonio more likely to draft a rookie than sign one in FA imo. We’ll see though.

Can't disagree with that logic. It makes sense, unless the guy they really want is not a PG.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,079

Post#613 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:47 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Tripod wrote:

The negotiations between OG's camp and the Knicks is literally a father and son meeting to discuss the matter. I'm surprised that people don't think the framework hasn't already been agreed upon. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the exact terms aren't already worked out (as if a father and son haven't talk about this when they both have a vested interest in the matter lol).

The son is not going to nudge his client away from his father's team, especially when it's apparent said son and his colleagues are stacking the Knicks with all of their clients, who oh by the way, the father used to be head of the basketball division of that agency.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,222

Post#614 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:28 am

MiamiSPX wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Tripod wrote:Was thinking last night a similar thing...

The negotiations between OG's camp and the Knicks is literally a father and son meeting to discuss the matter. I'm surprised that people don't think the framework hasn't already been agreed upon. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the exact terms aren't already worked out (as if a father and son haven't talk about this when they both have a vested interest in the matter lol).

The son is not going to nudge his client away from his father's team, especially when it's apparent said son and his colleagues are stacking the Knicks with all of their clients, who oh by the way, the father used to be head of the basketball division of that agency.

sure but will OG walk away from an extra 20-30M dollars just because of some pre-existing arrangement.
If OG fires his agent, then all sort of red flags will go up.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,649

Post#615 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:20 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:

sure but will OG walk away from an extra 20-30M dollars just because of some pre-existing arrangement.

That'd be wild, firing Klutch and CAA in consecutive years. I don't see it but who knows
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#616 » by Los_29 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:36 am

Big win for the Knicks. Brunson was incredible and Bogdanovich hit some big shots in the 4th. Kings missed a lot of wide open shots and the Knicks offense really struggled to manufacture good shots. Other than Brunson they don’t really have any shot creators. They need Randle back.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,062

Post#617 » by HumbleRen » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:50 am

Brunson has been playing like a top 15 player this year.

Incredible that certain folks were saying Knicks overpaid him and that he wasn’t better than certain guys on our team last year.

Incredible story and arguably the best FA signing of the 2020’s so far. All they’re missing is a 1B in my opinion.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,498

Post#618 » by bballsparkin » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:22 am

Dalek wrote:I read that Euroleague star Dzanan Musa wants to make a return to the NBA and he just became a free agent.

He is only 24 and 6'9, and averaged 13.6/2.6/2.3 on a phenomenal 62/41.6/81.6 for Real Madrid. This Bosnian kid plays with some fire.

Watching that video he doesn't look 6'9 so I checked basketballreference and it seems he is. Impressive the way he moves.
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#619 » by bballsparkin » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:28 am

HumbleRen wrote:Brunson has been playing like a top 15 player this year.

Incredible that certain folks were saying Knicks overpaid him and that he wasn’t better than certain guys on our team last year.

Incredible story and arguably the best FA signing of the 2020’s so far. All they’re missing is a 1B in my opinion.

So you think Brunson is a 1A? I guess if he can play in the playoffs like he did last year in the playoffs he is a 1A,...in this modern NBA. :wink:
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#620 » by bballsparkin » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:31 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:sure but will OG walk away from an extra 20-30M dollars just because of some pre-existing arrangement.

That'd be wild, firing Klutch and CAA in consecutive years. I don't see it but who knows

Not as wild as leaving 20-30 million dollars on the table.

8-)

Return to Toronto Raptors