ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,178

Re: Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8 

Post#461 » by MiamiSPX » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Scase wrote:Imagine thinking Siakam and Dame would be a contender like some people were saying lmao.

Reconsidering this one? I didn't want to trade Scottie for him, but both he and Pascal are playing well in the playoffs and adding in OG and Poeltl's defense, it's not something I think "lmao" really applies to. Dame still solves a whole lot of issues with last season's team - namely Fred missing 3's. If Portland for some reason took our Dick/GTJ/Pick offer for Dame or whatever clown offer we made...that's a good looking starting lineup - Dame/Scottie/OG/Pascal/Yak. We can hide Dame on D with that crew and even though he'd be our only real shooting threat...that's a pretty good shooting threat.

Until OG misses his annual 20 games and we're playing McDaniels heavy minutes. We'd have likely been playing Flynn a lot due to our depleted bench and we all saw how that went.

Another thing to consider is that if that team doesn't make the ECF, Masai isn't going to get approval to go into the tax, which they would have needed to do. By my count, that's a 170M starting lineup next season with a huge Scottie extension looming, and no bench.

And that's while ignoring the fact that Dame wanted no part of Toronto.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,665

Post#462 » by dTox » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:00 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:Why isn’t he training??? /s

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]

Funny thing is, knowing Scottie, this probably was not an alcohol driven decision, he just went out there and did it lol.
TBZ for the win
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,364

Post#463 » by Scase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
Scase wrote:Imagine thinking Siakam and Dame would be a contender like some people were saying lmao.

Reconsidering this one? I didn't want to trade Scottie for him, but both he and Pascal are playing well in the playoffs and adding in OG and Poeltl's defense, it's not something I think "lmao" really applies to. Dame still solves a whole lot of issues with last season's team - namely Fred missing 3's. If Portland for some reason took our Dick/GTJ/Pick offer for Dame or whatever clown offer we made...that's a good looking starting lineup - Dame/Scottie/OG/Pascal/Yak. We can hide Dame on D with that crew and even though he'd be our only real shooting threat...that's a pretty good shooting threat.

Until OG misses his annual 20 games and we're playing McDaniels heavy minutes. We'd have likely been playing Flynn a lot due to our depleted bench and we all saw how that went.

Another thing to consider is that if that team doesn't make the ECF, Masai isn't going to get approval to go into the tax, which they would have needed to do. By my count, that's a 170M starting lineup next season with a huge Scottie extension looming, and no bench.

Exactly. So we trade what little futures we even had at that point, for something that likely flames out in the 2nd round at best, and then just have to fire sale a year later anyways? Like damn, we traded away a FRP just to avoid the tax with Dragic, but we're gonna go into second apron territory for that?

Not a chance in hell.
Props TZ!
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,706

Post#464 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:09 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

There are lots of reasons to not trade for Dame, sure. We're talking about the ability of the team on the court to win games this season though and it would have been a pretty good team. I am not sure the ability to build a bench this season while pivoting to a rebuild would have been the same if they were going for it by trading for Dame, either.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Scase
RealGM

Post#465 » by Scase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:23 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

There are lots of reasons to not trade for Dame, sure. We're talking about the ability of the team on the court to win games this season though and it would have been a pretty good team. I am not sure the ability to build a bench this season while pivoting to a rebuild would have been the same if they were going for it by trading for Dame, either.

Well that's the point isn't it. You don't do the trade because your team would be 5 deep at best, and that doesn't cut it.
Props TZ!
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,919

Post#466 » by bape_lovers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:54 pm

i will be in cancun too with this up and down weather

ArthurVandelay wrote:Why isn’t he training??? /s

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
will
RealGM
And1: 49,686
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#467 » by will » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:57 am

My guy!
Scase
RealGM

Post#468 » by Scase » Fri May 3, 2024 2:09 am

Scottie comes in second for the NBA Hustle award.

Read on Twitter
Props TZ!
TheGeneral99
Starter
And1: 2,853

Post#469 » by TheGeneral99 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:24 pm

Scase wrote:Scottie comes in second for the NBA Hustle award.

Read on Twitter

I feel like if they had this award back 10 years ago, Lowry should have won multiple times.
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,477

Post#470 » by aminiaturebuddha » Fri May 3, 2024 3:25 pm

Read on Twitter

That's actually really cool for an All-Star to be that high in voting for a hustle award. That's a great example for a leader of your team to demonstrate to the rest of the guys.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,178

Post#471 » by MiamiSPX » Fri May 3, 2024 3:50 pm

Brunson was getting demonstratively upset with Hartenstein last night during that 2-minute stretch where IH was going to lose them the game. Shaking his head in disgust and even throwing his hands up to signal WTF.

During these playoffs, I've also seen the following getting upset with teammates over their stupid decisions: LeBron, AD, Donovan, Luka, Tatum (at Brown of all people), Bam, and even Siakam a couple of times when a teammate missed him for an open 3.

Around these parts, some would have you believe Scottie is the only player in the league that gets demonstrative on the court. This happens pretty much EVERY single game lol. I'd much rather have a guy who wears his emotion on his sleeve, than someone who doesn't give a damn at all, like Tobias or PG13.

And I don't blame Brunson either, IH was playing like an idiot for that stretch.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,976

Post#472 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri May 3, 2024 6:00 pm

Where are the fans that want players that don't care? I've yet to see support for that :lol:
Scase
RealGM

Post#473 » by Scase » Fri May 3, 2024 6:51 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Where are the fans that want players that don't care? I've yet to see support for that :lol:

It was more so people complaining that he was showing emotion on the court.
Props TZ!
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,436

Post#474 » by Mikistan » Fri May 3, 2024 6:53 pm

Scase wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:Where are the fans that want players that don't care? I've yet to see support for that :lol:

How dare he get upset fvv didn't pass to him wide open, fvv is the leader and cornerstone of any franchise Scottie all-star needs to learn his place and bet on his pg not on himself
Scase
RealGM

Post#475 » by Scase » Fri May 3, 2024 7:07 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Scase wrote:

How dare he get upset fvv didn't pass to him wide open, fvv is the leader and cornerstone of any franchise Scottie all-star needs to learn his place and bet on his pg not on himself

Just as long as he wasn't betting on Porter!
Props TZ!
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,242

Post#476 » by YogurtProducer » Fri May 3, 2024 7:09 pm

It doesn't happen - classic subset of posts creating a boogeyman to complain about :lol:

People complain when Barnes gets pout-ey and his effort level declines. Not that he "cares" :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#477 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri May 3, 2024 7:39 pm

Is it time to re-visit Thad Young putting hands on Scottie for failing to warm up with the team?
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,664

Post#478 » by Raps in 4 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:43 pm

Read on Twitter

To anybody who isn't an irrational hater, it's obvious that Scottie is one of the hardest working players in the league. When he makes one low-effort play in a game after giving maximum effort all game and being tired, the haters hit to RealGM/Reddit/Twitter to screech about how lazy he is.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,947

Post#479 » by Zeno » Fri May 3, 2024 7:55 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:

Read on Twitter

To anybody who isn't an irrational hater, it's obvious that Scottie is one of the hardest working players in the league. When he makes one low-effort play in a game after giving maximum effort all game and being tired, the haters hit to RealGM/Reddit/Twitter to screech about how lazy he is.

I'm already dreading Matty D calling him 'Scotty Hustle' next year. But does anyone know who votes for this? Is it coaches? I heard a podcast saying it isn't media.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#480 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri May 3, 2024 8:02 pm

I'd love to know how that was aggregated. Just eyeballing, it looks like Chris Boucher beat Scottie in almost every significant hustle category on NBA.com. Maybe they include stocks or raw rebounds/game? Scottie definitely fills the boxscore, but doesn't really show up in the hustle stats as remarkable.

I wish this award was actually done as an all-nba team style so that it gives different players a chance to get recognized.

Return to Toronto Raptors