ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Ochai Agbaji Thread - Welcome to Toronto, Ochai!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,285

Re: Official Ochai Agbaji Thread - Welcome to Toronto, Ochai! 

Post#441 » by Scase » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
Scase wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:Big swing imo. Well that’s my general philosophy for drafting anyway haha.

I think if we are going into a "real" rebuild and not a sped up retool, you go for the big swing, high risk/reward player. If we go the retool route, you kinda have to go for the safe pick.

That's really the problem, if what they're putting out there is real. There is no real "big swing to be had" in most of this draft. You're "swinging" for a role player.

One thing that caught me off-guard was when they started with pick 1 and said "there is no tier 1 or tier 2 prospect here. There is 6-7 guys at the top and who you pick depends on what you need and how much you like them". Then it just keeps getting worse.

Yeah, this is why I was completely fine with conveying this year, so long as we went full tank next year to get a pick in a draft that isn't primarily role players.

We doubled down on a year with a generational talent in Wemby and traded a pick in a mediocre draft, only to fail and tank in the year of the mediocre draft. Everything is being done ass backwards. This is why I'm so critical of the FO, everyone is zigging and we are zagging, and it's not because we are smarter and have some 200IQ, 4D checkers plan in place. We just overestimated the ability of our team, and now we're eating dirt.

The OG trade was not a bad trade at all, but IQ/RJ are too good of players to add to a team with Scottie and have any hopes of bottoming out low enough the next year to get a good pick in a draft with a potential superstar like Flagg. I really hope I'm wrong, but this looks like being setup for a fair amount of treadmill years if we stay the course.

Stuff like this naturally changes if we trade Jak, and run a lineup of BBQ+Gradey next year, but even then, I don't think that makes us bottom 3-5 bad.
Props TZ!
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#442 » by ArthurVandelay » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:36 am

WaltFrazier wrote:I came to see if there's an update on Ochai's, and discovered this thread is not really about him at all anymore.

X-ray negative

Hip contusion
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,883

Post#443 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:05 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:I came to see if there's an update on Ochai's, and discovered this thread is not really about him at all anymore.

X-ray negative

Hip contusion

That's unfortunate. He was playing so well in recent weeks.

Last 6 games:
11ppg
6rpg
2apg
1.3spg
Shooting 45% from the field.

in 31mpg

All that on top of really good defense.
He's gonna be fun to watch next season with fully healthy team. He's excellent at cutting to the baskets and Scottie will be able to rack up some easy dimes.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:

Return to Toronto Raptors