ImageImageImageImageImage

[Woj] Dennis and Thad for Dinwiddie (waived)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,421

Re: [Woj] Dennis and Thad for Dinwiddie (waived) 

Post#821 » by PushDaRock » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:46 pm

SpezNc wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Yeah just people should just joke about "crypto" in general as if anyone actually knows a bit about investments, that bitcoin is not that. It never even fluctuated that much. The general rule was always just trust bitcoin and maybe etherium but nothing else.

There's a difference between trading something worthless to make money, as opposed to investing in it.

We are getting far away from Basketball but crypto currency is like a legal ponzi scheme.

so is the entire modern financial system
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,262

Post#822 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:58 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Here's the full Dennis-Raptors experience.

Raptors get outbid for Fred, surprised that Houston went for him instead of Harden. Plan B is Dennis.
Masai decides to feed the pigeons, "maybe it'll be good for us."
Scottie is given the second unit to run, because he's a PG, right?
Scottie flames out badly with the 2nd unit.
Darko calls Malachi ugly.
Malachi plays a little better, and Scottie defers to him.
OG traded, IQ is the new point guard and Dennis is benched for... Gary Trent Jr. (who has been pouting off the bench this whole time).
Dennis runs the bench like a pro.
Dennis calls out the team spirit.
Crickets.
Dennis traded for nothing because he did his job and let everyone know this situation is f'd.
Bobby Webster says they need to find guys that fit socially with Scottie.
Scottie back to running back-up PG and deferring to... Bruce Brown.
Gary is blowing 3:1 fast breaks and still seeing the floor.

Basically Dennis did what he was hired to do. He was a big drop off in quality from Fred, but a significant improvement over Malachi Flynn. He's probably too crotchety to have around a losing team.

Dennis was an emerging cancer in the locker room and was excised before metastasizing.
There’s a reason this guy is a journeyman in the league.
We need solid vets who see the importance in developing our young talent. Dennis ain’t one of them.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,995

Post#823 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:16 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:Here's the full Dennis-Raptors experience.

Raptors get outbid for Fred, surprised that Houston went for him instead of Harden. Plan B is Dennis.
Masai decides to feed the pigeons, "maybe it'll be good for us."
Scottie is given the second unit to run, because he's a PG, right?
Scottie flames out badly with the 2nd unit.
Darko calls Malachi ugly.
Malachi plays a little better, and Scottie defers to him.
OG traded, IQ is the new point guard and Dennis is benched for... Gary Trent Jr. (who has been pouting off the bench this whole time).
Dennis runs the bench like a pro.
Dennis calls out the team spirit.
Crickets.
Dennis traded for nothing because he did his job and let everyone know this situation is f'd.
Bobby Webster says they need to find guys that fit socially with Scottie.
Scottie back to running back-up PG and deferring to... Bruce Brown.
Gary is blowing 3:1 fast breaks and still seeing the floor.

Basically Dennis did what he was hired to do. He was a big drop off in quality from Fred, but a significant improvement over Malachi Flynn. He's probably too crotchety to have around a losing team.

Dennis was an emerging cancer in the locker room and was excised before metastasizing.
There’s a reason this guy is a journeyman in the league.
We need solid vets who see the importance in developing our young talent. Dennis ain’t one of them.

Didn't seem to bother them when they were handing out 2 years.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,921

Post#824 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:37 pm

With currently the 18th and 31st picks in this draft we have to take a flyer on Zac Edey. In fact I'd pick Klintman at 18 and Edey at 31 or make a deal to get Edey. We'd have Poetl, Kelly, Porter and Edey as our 5 depth and Kelly can definitely play the 4. Makes me forget about Dennis, Thad and Dinwiddie.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,323

Post#825 » by brownbobcat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:41 pm

Los_29 wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:
Mattatron wrote:
Didn't know u can see the future and the standings in 2 years from now.

I can see the present. Toronto was a lottery team the moment they traded for Poeltl and they haven't stopped being one since.

I was not a fan of the deal but with Poeltl they were like 15-12. It was a decent team and far from a lottery team.

They were the 10th seed before and the 9th seed after. They were literally in the draft lottery and will be again. It's a matter of fact, not opinion.
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,383

Post#826 » by visionquest » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:08 pm

Did dinwiddie signing with LAKERS save us any money??
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,172

Post#827 » by The Duke » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:27 pm

Los_29 wrote:
The Duke wrote:Remember when i got chewed out for saying that Dennis’ value was way lower then ppl think it is and that at best a top 26 protected 1st or no FRP at all.

It was a bad market at the deadline for picks. Lots of teams worried about the cap as well.

People chewed you up for saying Schroder was a 10 minute per game player on a good team. That was an absolutely wild take. You’d have to have completely ignored history to say that.

Well he was traded to the nets and the nets are not a good/playoff contending team, so he’ll likely play more then 10 minutes there. Not ignoring what I said, but perhaps it just can’t be determined/realized this year. Wild take, but not necessarily an incorrect take either.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,686

Post#828 » by Bruin » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:21 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=6Hx3ZCSHlysihvhqh0K3hw
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,961

Post#829 » by Los_29 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:55 am

brownbobcat wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:I can see the present. Toronto was a lottery team the moment they traded for Poeltl and they haven't stopped being one since.

I was not a fan of the deal but with Poeltl they were like 15-12. It was a decent team and far from a lottery team.

They were the 10th seed before and the 9th seed after. They were literally in the draft lottery and will be again. It's a matter of fact, not opinion.

That’s a weird way of looking at it. The NBA trade deadline is in the 2nd week of February. There are only about two months left in the season. You’re not going to have drastic changes in the standings at that point. The reality is we were a much better team with Poeltl. Over a course of a season with that same team we would not be in the lottery.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#830 » by ATLTimekeeper » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:27 pm

The Duke wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
The Duke wrote:Remember when i got chewed out for saying that Dennis’ value was way lower then ppl think it is and that at best a top 26 protected 1st or no FRP at all.

It was a bad market at the deadline for picks. Lots of teams worried about the cap as well.

People chewed you up for saying Schroder was a 10 minute per game player on a good team. That was an absolutely wild take. You’d have to have completely ignored history to say that.

Well he was traded to the nets and the nets are not a good/playoff contending team, so he’ll likely play more then 10 minutes there. Not ignoring what I said, but perhaps it just can’t be determined/realized this year. Wild take, but not necessarily an incorrect take either.

I mean, you'll eventually be right :lol: He's averaged like 25-30 in his career playing for mostly good teams and was coming off a season doing just that, but time will catch up with him.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,271

Post#831 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:48 pm

Friendly reminder that at the age of 30, Sshroder is playing for his 7th team. It's easy to look up, he's been generally disliked everywhere he's played. That's not to say the Raps org didn't like him, but as soon as he started to run his mouth a little bit, they had to move him given his history.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,692

Post#832 » by hyper316 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:53 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:Friendly reminder that at the age of 30, Sshroder is playing for his 7th team. It's easy to look up, he's been generally disliked everywhere he's played. That's not to say the Raps org didn't like him, but as soon as he started to run his mouth a little bit, they had to move him given his history.

I heard the opposite before coming to raptors, well liked and respected by players and coaches.

Do we blame Schroder for being upset losing starting role when Masai probably promised him the role in FA talks? When IQ got traded here, Schroder's verbal response was professional, but playing effort and attitude on court is different

As for the incident schroder telling at Trent for not passing the ball on fastbreak, I'm glad he did, Trent is a bum
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,961

Post#833 » by Los_29 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:54 pm

The Duke wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

That’s not what you said. You said Dennis is currently a 10 minute a game player on a contending team. 8 months ago he was playing 30 minutes a game for a team in the WCF.

And of course it’s incorrect. There is absolutely no way you can possibly argue your way out of this. lol.
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#834 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:57 pm

hyper316 wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:Friendly reminder that at the age of 30, Sshroder is playing for his 7th team. It's easy to look up, he's been generally disliked everywhere he's played. That's not to say the Raps org didn't like him, but as soon as he started to run his mouth a little bit, they had to move him given his history.

I heard the opposite before coming to raptors, well liked and respected by players and coaches.

Do we blame Schroder for being upset losing starting role when Masai probably promised him the role in FA talks? When IQ got traded here, Schroder's verbal response was professional, but playing effort and attitude on court is different

As for the incident schroder telling at Trent for not passing the ball on fastbreak, I'm glad he did, Trent is a bum

The Lakers loved him, but there have always been rumblings that his exits in Atlanta and Boston were not on good terms. I know he always had issues with the German NT before last summer's FIBA.

No, I do not blame him one bit for being unhappy. I actually believe him that he was given some sort of assurance of being the starter, but plans changed once the team was garbage. And if it's true that he was making comments behind the scenes, then they had to move him.

My main point is that we are at quite a few teams now that have had no qualms about moving on from him.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,772

Post#835 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:07 pm

Bobby mentioned that Dennis was on the Siakam/OG timeline and he was basically the plan B once VV got his max. Once they moved on from Siakam/OG there was really no point in having a 30 year old playing 30 minutes on a rebuilding team. Those minutes could be given to younger guys.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#836 » by ATLTimekeeper » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:13 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
hyper316 wrote:

The Lakers loved him, but there have always been rumblings that his exits in Atlanta and Boston were not on good terms. I know he always had issues with the German NT before last summer's FIBA.

No, I do not blame him one bit for being unhappy. I actually believe him that he was given some sort of assurance of being the starter, but plans changed once the team was garbage. And if it's true that he was making comments behind the scenes, then they had to move him.

My main point is that we are at quite a few teams now that have had no qualms about moving on from him.

I mean he's a 6th man-type. Those guys bounce around. The Lakers offered him a massive deal that he turned down, then re-acquired him. You'd think if they were that unhappy with him they wouldn't have done that.

Who was he making comments to behind the scenes? His camp didn't think he would be traded at all. My issue isn't that he's cranky. We knew he was. It's that they knew he was and he gave them exactly what he gives everyone.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#837 » by ATLTimekeeper » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:15 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Bobby mentioned that Dennis was on the Siakam/OG timeline and he was basically the plan B once VV got his max. Once they moved on from Siakam/OG there was really no point in having a 30 year old playing 30 minutes on a rebuilding team. Those minutes could be given to younger guys.

But they were trying to trade Siakam before and after they signed Schroder. Why are they trying to sign Olynyk long-term at 33? Bobby's lying his *** off here :lol:
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#838 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:23 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
hyper316 wrote:

I mean he's a 6th man-type. Those guys bounce around. The Lakers offered him a massive deal that he turned down, then re-acquired him. You'd think if they were that unhappy with him they wouldn't have done that.

Who was he making comments to behind the scenes? His camp didn't think he would be traded at all. My issue isn't that he's cranky. We knew he was. It's that they knew he was and he gave them exactly what he gives everyone.

You'll get no arguments from me there. It also does bother me that what they did was essentially waive him in a way that saved them money, and that seemed to be the only goal. Why are we penny pinching?

I'm not defending the FO here per se. It's shocking that we couldn't anything for a guy who is productive and underpaid. Just pointing out that quite a few teams have had no problem getting rid of him and it's not exactly a loss we should be lamenting.
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#839 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:24 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:Bobby mentioned that Dennis was on the Siakam/OG timeline and he was basically the plan B once VV got his max. Once they moved on from Siakam/OG there was really no point in having a 30 year old playing 30 minutes on a rebuilding team. Those minutes could be given to younger guys.

But they were trying to trade Siakam before and after they signed Schroder. Why are they trying to sign Olynyk long-term at 33? Bobby's lying his *** off here :lol:

I swear that shortly after the signing, our FO intimated that he was NOT plan B and they were signing him anyway.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,772

Post#840 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:26 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:

There's a much bigger glut at g/w than at C though. Other than Poeltl, they really don't have another reliable bigman now that Boucher isn't in the rotation.

Return to Toronto Raptors