ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,574

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 2 

Post#1321 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:52 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:Castle nor Holland don't have more potential than Zach.

For me as far as Raps fan, my big board looks like

Zach
Sarr
Cody
Topic
Castle/Daulton
Holland
Ware
Collier

To me only Zach Sarr Daulton Holland have some path to Starter for us

In the modern NBA no one is taking Edey over Castle or Holland, and potential wise it doesn’t matter the era, Holland and Castle have more than Edey. He’s closer to a finished product, where as they have a lot of growing to do.

I mean the french kid Zacch Risharcher

In Raptor Ball I Trust
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,404

Post#1322 » by TimeForChange » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:59 pm

Read on Twitter

"Of course, I want to see him one-on-one. He just doesn't want to do that with me. His agent will not do that with me, and I know he won't. It’s a business decision," Buzelis responded to BasketNews when asked if he would like to challenge Risacher in the NBA pre-draft workout.

"My advantage is that I have everything over him," he added when asked about his main advantage that would enable him to win this duel.
Karanpal
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#1323 » by Karanpal » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:09 pm

I believe saluan is going to measure out closer to 6'10 and if he's does I would take him with 6th pick for the reason of turning him into a small ball center. Don't care if it takes 4 years him as a future center would be interesting to me. His wing skills don't Intrigue me at all.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,451

Post#1324 » by KrazyP » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:13 pm

XTC wrote:
Reeko wrote:
RoteSchroder wrote:
He's being used as a connector on O and defender at UConn. I see his role in the NBA as an SG.

Out of the 4, he's the best passer/playmaker. 2nd best first step/explosiveness. Top 2 defender. Maybe #1 in b-ball IQ.

Major thing he's lacking is a jump shot, which is a make or break skill.

If you look at his plays, every defender is giving him 2-3 feet of space or going under screens because he's not a good shooter. That's how every single team is playing him. Major polishing on his jumper would open things up a lot and at the moment, I don't see any major red flags at preventing him from improving his shot.

Castle's also good at evaluating during his drives, he can pull up for a mid-range shot, pass, continue to the basket, go for a floater. Holland plays with a little less control during his drives and needs to slow down at times. Risacher is more of a straight line driver. Williams just tends to drive near the basket for a floater, but usually doesn't get all the way to the rim. None of them have reached the same level of court vision as Castle either.

After watching some more film of Castle I will say that I like the way he moves with the ball, kind of reminds me of Wade in the way that he's able to navigate in tight spaces. With so little scouting material available online it's much harder for me to get a feel for these prospects as I don't watch full games, so I'm relying on highlights, stats, and whatever little scouting reports there are on these guys.

Castle is super hard to gauge. You either love him or hate him. The best comparision I can come up with is Jimmy Butler before he became an allstar, or maybe Alex Caruso. If he learns to shoot at even an average level he could carve out a career similiar to Andre Iguodala. His best attribute will always be his defense, he's a menace on ball, and his ability to be a secondary ball handler. His potential is super dependant on him becoming a better shooter, but man if he learns to shoot, his game is going to open up.

I think the best comp for Castle might be Jrue Holiday? Holiday was pretty mediocre as a shooter/scorer for the first few years of his career but he was solid at slashing, play making and POA defense which are things Castle could bring to the table at the NBA level.....a POA defender is something the current Raptor core lacks. I kind of feel #6 might be too high for him but he'll likely be gone by the Pacers pick.....this draft is so all over the place so who really knows.

Regarding Reeko's point above about the difficultly getting a feel for these prospects....I agree 100%. I rarely comment in these draft threads because I've always felt you need to watch at least 10 full games in order to getting a real gauge on any player and highly doubt anybody here has that kind of time. Our opinions are largely based on the odd game here and there, scouting reports and highlights which can lead us astray.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,277

Post#1325 » by mademan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:23 pm

Edey to me has a role in the NBA, but he's not a game over game 30+ min player. I'd take him with the Pistons 2nd rounder tho as he's just been too dominant in college not to take a chance on.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#1326 » by Reeko » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:38 pm

mademan wrote:Edey to me has a role in the NBA, but he's not a game over game 30+ min player. I'd take him with the Pistons 2nd rounder tho as he's just been too dominant in college not to take a chance on.

I could see him being an effective player in certain situations. The likely reality is that if teams can effectively go small then there’s probably no way he stays on the court. I don’t see him being dominant enough at the NBA level to make teams pay for going small.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#1327 » by Psubs » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:22 pm

KrazyP wrote:
XTC wrote:
Reeko wrote:After watching some more film of Castle I will say that I like the way he moves with the ball, kind of reminds me of Wade in the way that he's able to navigate in tight spaces. With so little scouting material available online it's much harder for me to get a feel for these prospects as I don't watch full games, so I'm relying on highlights, stats, and whatever little scouting reports there are on these guys.

Castle is super hard to gauge. You either love him or hate him. The best comparision I can come up with is Jimmy Butler before he became an allstar, or maybe Alex Caruso. If he learns to shoot at even an average level he could carve out a career similiar to Andre Iguodala. His best attribute will always be his defense, he's a menace on ball, and his ability to be a secondary ball handler. His potential is super dependant on him becoming a better shooter, but man if he learns to shoot, his game is going to open up.

I think the best comp for Castle might be Jrue Holiday? Holiday was pretty mediocre as a shooter/scorer for the first few years of his career but he was solid at slashing, play making and POA defense which are things Castle could bring to the table at the NBA level.....a POA defender is something the current Raptor core lacks. I kind of feel #6 might be too high for him but he'll likely be gone by the Pacers pick.....this draft is so all over the place so who really knows.

Regarding Reeko's point above about the difficultly getting a feel for these prospects....I agree 100%. I rarely comment in these draft threads because I've always felt you need to watch at least 10 full games in order to getting a real gauge on any player and highly doubt anybody here has that kind of time. Our opinions are largely based on the odd game here and there, scouting reports and highlights which can lead us astray.

UConn may win it all and Castle will get exposure like Suggs and be drafted in the top 10 for sure. Also Clingan goes before pick 15.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1328 » by Psubs » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:24 pm

TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Of course, I want to see him one-on-one. He just doesn't want to do that with me. His agent will not do that with me, and I know he won't. It’s a business decision," Buzelis responded to BasketNews when asked if he would like to challenge Risacher in the NBA pre-draft workout.

"My advantage is that I have everything over him," he added when asked about his main advantage that would enable him to win this duel.

He's got swag. I think he could be at least a more physical Charlie Villanueva.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1329 » by Psubs » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:28 pm

Reeko wrote:
mademan wrote:Edey to me has a role in the NBA, but he's not a game over game 30+ min player. I'd take him with the Pistons 2nd rounder tho as he's just been too dominant in college not to take a chance on.

I could see him being an effective player in certain situations. The likely reality is that if teams can effectively go small then there’s probably no way he stays on the court. I don’t see him being dominant enough at the NBA level to make teams pay for going small.

Agreed. We've seen 7'4 Boban Marjanovic in his prime starting age 27. What would he have looked like at age 23-26?

I guess Boban is his floor with a long 10 year career as maybe a starter until he slows down around age 31. Definitely not use the Pacers pick on him but maybe with the #31 if the other picks are smalls. Though Iike a lot more smalls in the #31 range being BPA.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,415

Post#1330 » by JRoy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:40 pm

TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

The twiggy alien vs the elongated Skellington.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,727

Post#1331 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:47 pm

Psubs wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Agreed. We've seen 7'4 Boban Marjanovic in his prime starting age 27. What would he have looked like at age 23-26?

I guess Boban is his floor with a long 10 year career as maybe a starter until he slows down around age 31. Definitely not use the Pacers pick on him but maybe with the #31 if the other picks are smalls. Though Iike a lot more smalls in the #31 range being BPA.

Edey's way more skilled than Boban. With guys this size it's always about durability. If he's healthy, he's going to have a huge impact.

I think by the time the draft rolls around he's in the single digits. He's too good, even if he is a 90's throwback.
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#1332 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:22 pm

Karanpal wrote:I believe saluan is going to measure out closer to 6'10 and if he's does I would take him with 6th pick for the reason of turning him into a small ball center. Don't care if it takes 4 years him as a future center would be interesting to me. His wing skills don't Intrigue me at all.

He can shoot the 3, he can be a stretch 4 who you put on SFs defensively. In no way do I want him to be a 5, at least I don't want to mold him into a 5

In Raptor Ball I Trust
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#1333 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:29 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Reeko wrote:I could see him being an effective player in certain situations. The likely reality is that if teams can effectively go small then there’s probably no way he stays on the court. I don’t see him being dominant enough at the NBA level to make teams pay for going small.

Edey's way more skilled than Boban. With guys this size it's always about durability. If he's healthy, he's going to have a huge impact.

I think by the time the draft rolls around he's in the single digits. He's too good, even if he is a 90's throwback.

You don't have any concerns about him guarding in space? You're gonna have to play drop coverage with him, and unless he's a defensive force, it's going to be difficult to keep him on the court.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,727

Post#1334 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:33 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
Psubs wrote:

You don't have any concerns about him guarding in space? You're gonna have to play drop coverage with him, and unless he's a defensive force, it's going to be difficult to keep him on the court.

I'd be giggling about his gravity in the post.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,627

Post#1335 » by Bruin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:34 pm

Really hope this doesn’t mean he’s staying in college
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=6Hx3ZCSHlysihvhqh0K3hw
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,448

Post#1336 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:40 pm

TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

Both players can play the same wing position and have similar heights, with Buzelis listed at 2.08 meters and Risacher at 2.06 meters. Additionally, they both bring a lot of potential and a similar skill set that would appeal to NBA teams.
“I try not to look at it. It's obviously there, and I see it. But I try to stay in the zone. I know what I'm capable of, and I don’t look at what number I am. I know if I’m getter better, then I'm winning," Buzelis stated when recalling where his name is listed on the draft boards.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#1337 » by ArthurVandelay » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:42 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

Both players can play the same wing position and have similar heights, with Buzelis listed at 2.08 meters and Risacher at 2.06 meters. Additionally, they both bring a lot of potential and a similar skill set that would appeal to NBA teams.
“I try not to look at it. It's obviously there, and I see it. But I try to stay in the zone. I know what I'm capable of, and I don’t look at what number I am. I know if I’m getter better, then I'm winning," Buzelis stated when recalling where his name is listed on the draft boards.

From a raptor perspective, I’ll take the guy who can shoot, please.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,735

Post#1338 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:59 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:Castle nor Holland don't have more potential than Zach.

For me as far as Raps fan, my big board looks like

Zach
Sarr
Cody
Topic
Castle/Daulton
Holland
Ware
Collier

To me only Zach Sarr Daulton Holland have some path to Starter for us

In the modern NBA no one is taking Edey over Castle or Holland, and potential wise it doesn’t matter the era, Holland and Castle have more than Edey. He’s closer to a finished product, where as they have a lot of growing to do.

I mean the french kid Zacch Risharcher

My fault, that makes a lot more sense
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,735

Post#1339 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:01 pm

TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

The dawg meter in this draft is going off the charts! Risacher has no choice! Deny the challenge if you’re a female dog ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,883

Post#1340 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm

Bruin wrote:Really hope this doesn’t mean he’s staying in college
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=6Hx3ZCSHlysihvhqh0K3hw

Would be a dumb decision. He'll be a second round pick at best in next year's draft.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:

Return to Toronto Raptors