ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raps won; No one Cares

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,905

Re: PG: Raps won; No one Cares 

Post#81 » by Duffman100 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:26 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
I notice ItsDanger always talks about the actual game and sport (even if you don't agree with them) and you guys seem to just like attacking the poster with a hive mentality, instigating for no reason like you're personally making all these transactions. I've even seen a mod do this.

I guess this is allowed around here? Aren't you guys also the same people who like to complain about everything? It's kind of ironic watching you all continuously go at the poster personally and then act like you're the morally great people. :lol:

The fact you think he just talks about the game is hilarious. No one would be posting about him if that were the case. Just two months ago he was talking about how much of a blunder it was by our FO to not sign Neemias Queta. Now that’s what you call complaining. I think you have us mistaken for someone else. I’d actually say we are the ones that complain the least around here. No one goes after him personally.

Yeah notice he's talking about the front office that makes the deals. Not about you and how stupid you would be to make these comments, which is what you guys are implying when you talk about him? What you and your band of brothers do is personally attack the poster. What the poster is doing is attacking the front office which is part of Raptors talk.

But when you attack his posts, he continually shifts the goalposts.

Literally last week he made fun of people valuing late 1st round picks (re Siakam). When I said then the Ochai / KO trade then wasn't a bad trade right? He then, without sarcasm or irony, said that you could get someone like Siakam with the 28th pick. Within 2 posts he contradicated himself.

Coming to the defense of a poster who has been perm banned on multiple other boards, warned and banned by 5-10 different moderators, is such a strange look.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,123

Post#82 » by ItsDanger » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:37 pm

Los_29 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:I wasn't supporting Hawkins as a selection nor did I call Dick a bust. I only stated that if he continued on that path there's a strong risk he might be a bust. But facts matter little to some.

Maybe this year you’ll say which prospects you like before the draft instead of waiting.

That’s wishful thinking. We know that won’t happen.

The real highlight was him hyping up Neemias Queta. Huge blunder by our FO.

Gave an opportunity to apologize but instead this poster ignores and goes in another direction. Sad.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,805

Post#83 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:40 pm

This was a must lose and they won lol. But I don’t see us catching the Grizzlies anyways, the Ochai/KO trade probably put an end to that. Big difference having KO and Ochai play instead of MP/OP. That was the only thing I kind of didn’t like about that trade as it did stop us from really bottoming out. ATL is pretty dreadful without Trae and Brooklyn is Brooklyn so it is possible to catch them imo even without Scottie.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,439

Post#84 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:41 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:Ochai has some real talent. Loved that end-to-end play by him. We have some pretty nice pieces now. Feels like a big difference in bench depth compared to the start of the season.

He's kind of like Aichuwa in the sense that his best attributes are sticking to defense, 3s from the corner and cutting. We couldn't get Aichuwa to consistently buy in. Hopefully we can get Agbaji to. I like the way he defends a lot, just like I did with Aichuwa, but he needs to clean up some of the offensive stuff. He did have a few misses on putbacks too, but some of those he could have passed them out for wide open 3s.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#85 » by dagger » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:53 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:Ochai has some real talent. Loved that end-to-end play by him. We have some pretty nice pieces now. Feels like a big difference in bench depth compared to the start of the season.

He's kind of like Aichuwa in the sense that his best attributes are sticking to defense, 3s from the corner and cutting. We couldn't get Aichuwa to consistently buy in. Hopefully we can get Agbaji to. I like the way he defends a lot, just like I did with Aichuwa, but he needs to clean up some of the offensive stuff. He did have a few misses on putbacks too, but some of those he could have passed them out for wide open 3s.

Let's put it this way, one of the things the Raptors can clean up with a good training camp for all of these new dudes and the draftees to be added is to hammer home who ought to get the most shots/open looks. If you have 2-3 good shooters on the floor, the offensive schemes - and the internal mindset - ought to be maxing out their opportunities.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Tripod
Head Coach
And1: 6,291

Post#86 » by Tripod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:00 pm

Yup. Adding him and KO for a late 1st is a great trade. To get 2 guys who have proven to be rotational guys, one young with upside, the other a vet, for a pick you likely have to wait 2-3 years to see if he is even a bust or not, perfect kind of trade.

Yeah we gave up the 0.1% chance of grabbing a starter but taking the guaranteed 2 rotational guys has given us much more balance and still upside for the future with Ochai. Plus we have the Detroit pick so we still get to grab a player in that range if we want to swing for a bigger upside, bigger bust guy.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,439

Post#87 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:05 pm

dagger wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

Let's put it this way, one of the things the Raptors can clean up with a good training camp for all of these new dudes and the draftees to be added is to hammer home who ought to get the most shots/open looks. If you have 2-3 good shooters on the floor, the offensive schemes - and the internal mindset - ought to be maxing out their opportunities.

Yeah, agreed. I was pleasantly surprised with how this team came out of the all-star break where they had a couple of practice days. The team just looks like they have bought in more and they generally look like they're playing much harder and just happy. Agbaji fits perfectly into that mould of player the Raptors have been successful with in the past, and I think they would have eventually gotten Aichuwa there too if he wasn't traded.

Hopefully the roster can also become a bit more balanced in terms of bigs vs guards.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,206

Post#88 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:14 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Maybe this year you’ll say which prospects you like before the draft instead of waiting.

Gave an opportunity to apologize but instead this poster ignores and goes in another direction. Sad.

Deflect deflect deflect
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,123

Post#89 » by ItsDanger » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:25 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Deflect deflect deflect

Accuse others tactic? I was originally responding to a post which contained not 1 but 2 false statements. Instead of retracting, "shifting the goalposts" occurs. You should let that poster reply themselves.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,514

Post#90 » by Brinbe » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:27 pm

Missed the game live but caught the dvr. That game shouldn't have been close but at least they didn't completely cough it up, IQ/Gary with some clutchness in the end. Even then, it was good to see RJ lead and Gradey continue his nice play, Yak was nice too before he went out. Ochai showe some flashes but he's gotta hit that 3 if he's gonna really stick. Def the kind of game where he'll be able to get that many shots up, but def not something you'd wanna see on the reg unless he's on fire or something lol.

Can't take too much away though, as the Hornets were pretty damn bad outside of Miller/Bridges.

Gonna be way more of a battle against the Pels.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,876

Post#91 » by JShuttlesworth » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:11 pm

Didn't even watch this one

I believe the Raptors have about 6 or so games left against awful teams (Portland, Washington x2, Detroit, Brooklyn x2). I'm not saying we'll win all of those games, but they should be competitive. Outside of those 6 games, I'm not expecting many W's (although we might steal one here or there).
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,168

Post#92 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:33 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:Didn't even watch this one

I believe the Raptors have about 6 or so games left against awful teams (Portland, Washington x2, Detroit, Brooklyn x2). I'm not saying we'll win all of those games, but they should be competitive. Outside of those 6 games, I'm not expecting many W's (although we might steal one here or there).

They'll also lose at least one of those games they "should" win. I have them going 6-15 the rest of the way.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,005

Post#93 » by Reeko » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:48 pm

Gradey's gotta get more than 7 shots. He probably would have outperformed Miller had they featured him as much as the Hornets feature Miller.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,017

Post#94 » by Potential » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:01 pm

I care
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,227

Post#95 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:38 pm

Los_29 wrote:The more wins the better as it increases our chances of conveying this pick. The Pacers pick is looking better by the day so it’s not like we won’t be in the draft this year.

I hear what you’re saying but part of me thinks we still need a lot of talent. Just giving up a top 10 pick doesn’t sit well with me. Even in a bad draft.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,815

Post#96 » by ash_k » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:07 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Los_29 wrote:The more wins the better as it increases our chances of conveying this pick. The Pacers pick is looking better by the day so it’s not like we won’t be in the draft this year.

I hear what you’re saying but part of me thinks we still need a lot of talent. Just giving up a top 10 pick doesn’t sit well with me. Even in a bad draft.

Our starting 5 has 3 top 10 lotto picks with the oldest one entering his prime; and runner up 6th man(25th pick).
Our bench has 2 Lotto picks (Gradey and Ochai)

In Summary, there are 5 lotto picks in our 9-man lineup: All developing with RJ pulling All-Star numbers for everyone to see.
Then proven role players in Bruce Brown(should have traded him) and KO
Then you got IQ post All-Star-game doing 20+pts|5+asts|5+rbs|40+% from 3.. All-StarISH

How much more talent/lotto pick do you think this team needs, with 3 (potential) All-stars on the team already?
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,973

Post#97 » by ATLTimekeeper » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:07 pm

Reeko wrote:Gradey's gotta get more than 7 shots. He probably would have outperformed Miller had they featured him as much as the Hornets feature Miller.

He's barely open. Defenders aren't letting him get much space open. Even the one three from the corner he hit he had to put more arc on it to avoid getting blocked.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,778

Post#98 » by ArthurVandelay » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:22 pm

Reeko wrote:Gradey's gotta get more than 7 shots. He probably would have outperformed Miller had they featured him as much as the Hornets feature Miller.

He also needs to be more assertive taking his shot

He makes a lot of pump fakes when he should just let it fly. With his speed of release and height on shot, I don’t see many of the shots getting blocked.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,338

Post#99 » by JB7 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:23 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:

He's barely open. Defenders aren't letting him get much space open. Even the one three from the corner he hit he had to put more arc on it to avoid getting blocked.

That's why he would be better off in the starting lineup. RJ & IQ's presence on the floor should create more space for Gradey, especially with their ability to get into the paint. And Gradey's shooting should likewise create more space for RJ & IQ.
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,120

Post#100 » by LarSiN » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:59 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
FreshyFlames wrote:I feel like I'm in the minority but I love seeing the wins. Giving up the pick this year rather than next year could be franchise altering. Don't tank

Not being able to add a top 10 prospect to this team will make watching next year just like this. I just want as much good young talent on the team asap lol.

We may end up with the 16th pick, and in this draft, that may be as good as the 10th pick. All comes down to scouting & luck (but I get you meant losing our own pick)
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"

Return to Toronto Raptors