ImageImageImageImageImage

The Gradey Dick Thread Part 3

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,816

Re: The Gradey Dick Thread Part 3 

Post#41 » by ArthurVandelay » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:27 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:Cant believe he dropped in draft. Kid was a lock to ORL

Ha

I was just thinking that writing a post in another thread. Jett Howard might still develop and become a very good player but it’s not a good sign when a team desperate for shooting doesn’t even put the supposed shooter out there after being selected 11 overall.

Then again, maybe he’s on his own timeline like Dick.

All I know is I’m glad the Raptors have Dick
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,227

Post#42 » by niQ » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:38 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:

Ha

I was just thinking that writing a post in another thread. Jett Howard might still develop and become a very good player but it’s not a good sign when a team desperate for shooting doesn’t even put the supposed shooter out there after being selected 11 overall.

That was one of the reasons why I never paid much attention to Gradey at the draft. Everyone essentially had him mocked to go to the Magic.

Just out of curiosity I took a glance at the magic board, went back a few pages and still couldn't find their jett thread. Gave up.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,616

Post#43 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:43 pm

niQ wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:

Ha

That was one of the reasons why I never paid much attention to Gradey at the draft. Everyone essentially had him mocked to go to the Magic.

Just out of curiosity I took a glance at the magic board, went back a few pages and still couldn't find their jett thread. Gave up.

I tracked it at the time. They all wanted Dick
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,157

Post#44 » by Reeko » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:21 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
niQ wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Ha

Most knowledgeable draft people were not big fans of Howard’s game and a lot of them had Bufkin as the better Michigan prospect. I was stunned when the Magic took him. If you want to compare anyone to Duncan Robinson it would probably Jett.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
aminiaturebuddha
Head Coach
And1: 6,493

Post#45 » by aminiaturebuddha » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:33 pm

Reeko wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
niQ wrote:

Most knowledgeable draft people were not big fans of Howard’s game and a lot of them had Bufkin as the better Michigan prospect. I was stunned when the Magic took him. If you want to compare anyone to Duncan Robinson it would probably Jett.

The funny thing is that they already had another one-and-done SF shooter on the roster from Michigan. And so most of the minutes that might have gone to Jett this year have gone to Caleb Houstan (a Canadian btw) who has been getting about 15 min/game and a few spot starts.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,418

Post#46 » by Scase » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:46 pm

I've honestly been really impressed with his pullup game. He doesn't do it very often, but his mid range pullups are pretty money.
Props TZ!
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,694

Post#47 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:53 pm

Reeko wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
niQ wrote:

Jett didn't even get his measurements taken at the combine. Magic probably gave him an early promise too.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,157

Post#48 » by Reeko » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:06 pm

Scase wrote:I've honestly been really impressed with his pullup game. He doesn't do it very often, but his mid range pullups are pretty money.

And that's what separates him from most traditional shooters, his in between game. I think he's going to be a secondary ball handler in the not too distant future, just needs to develop his handle. Take into consideration his shooting, his in between game, and his ability to finish along with his intelligent passing and you have the makings of a terrifying player for opposing defenses. Not overall but at least offensively, specifically on the scoring end, I can see him becoming a better player than Scottie.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,341

Post#49 » by douggood » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:10 pm

nominated for rookie of the month

Read on Twitter
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,418

Post#50 » by Scase » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:34 pm

Reeko wrote:
Scase wrote:I've honestly been really impressed with his pullup game. He doesn't do it very often, but his mid range pullups are pretty money.

And that's what separates him from most traditional shooters, his in between game. I think he's going to be a secondary ball handler in the not too distant future, just needs to develop his handle. Take into consideration his shooting, his in between game, and his ability to finish along with his intelligent passing and you have the makings of a terrifying player for opposing defenses. Not overall but at least offensively, specifically on the scoring end, I can see him becoming a better player than Scottie.

He's definitely got a better feel for scoring than Scottie, maybe we can emulate the Jokic/Murray 2 man game with Scottie/Gradey. They both seem to possess the key skill set that their better counterparts do. My hope is that this is just a glimpse of his offensive skill set, and we can eventually offload RJ similarly to how we handled DD.

IQ/Scottie/Gradey could be a real dangerous inside-out scoring threat.
Props TZ!
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,616

Post#51 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:35 am

gradey's cutting / processing the game i dare to say is elite

Read on Twitter
?s=20
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,694

Post#52 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:55 pm

By Month:

OCT/NOV: 15 GAMES, 14.7 MIN, 3.9 PPG, .270 FG, .244 3PT
DEC/JAN: 11 GAMES, 12.3 MIN, 4.2 PPG, .447 FG, .391 3PT
FEB/MAR: 15 GAMES: 21.5 MIN, 10.5 PPG, .521 FG, .446 3PT
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,709

Post#53 » by binjumper » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:44 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:By Month:

OCT/NOV: 15 GAMES, 14.7 MIN, 3.9 PPG, .270 FG, .244 3PT
DEC/JAN: 11 GAMES, 12.3 MIN, 4.2 PPG, .447 FG, .391 3PT
FEB/MAR: 15 GAMES: 21.5 MIN, 10.5 PPG, .521 FG, .446 3PT

crazy the fanbase wanted to write him off, because he didn't become ROY in his first 5 games.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#54 » by Yeezus_ » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:00 pm

ItsDanger wrote:The offense coming around isn't too surprising. The question everyone should be asking is do you see him as a starter? Scottie/RJ/IQ/Dick as 4 man unit is not strong defensively nor is it strong in shot creation. So, is his impact coming off the bench good enough? Jury is out. Team needs to upgrade elsewhere then and that leaves the C position.

Disagree.

I think these 4 compliment and balance each other well offensively and have yet to scratch the surface as individual scorers. IQ, Barrett, Barnes, and Gradey still all have multiple levels to reach as offensive players, assuming they hit their peak potential.
Yeezy SZN approaching
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,304

Post#55 » by brownbobcat » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:00 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:gradey's cutting / processing the game i dare to say is elite

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I've thought all along he showed good movement and instincts. The weird part was not hitting shots, which sounds so elementary, but it's everything for a shooter.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,288

Post#56 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:06 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:The offense coming around isn't too surprising. The question everyone should be asking is do you see him as a starter? Scottie/RJ/IQ/Dick as 4 man unit is not strong defensively nor is it strong in shot creation. So, is his impact coming off the bench good enough? Jury is out. Team needs to upgrade elsewhere then and that leaves the C position.

Disagree.

I think these 4 compliment and balance each other well offensively and have yet to scratch the surface as individual scorers. IQ, Barrett, Barnes, and Gradey still all have multiple levels to reach as offensive players, assuming they hit their peak potential.

Yeah that lineups question mark is defence to me, not offense. Barnes is the only guy I would confidently call above average defensively.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#57 » by Yeezus_ » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:36 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:

Disagree.

Yeah that lineups question mark is defence to me, not offense. Barnes is the only guy I would confidently call above average defensively.

Yup. I also think Poeltl fits well with this group with his defense and passing. They can run things through him in the high post. If Barnes and Barett end up being average or above average 3 point shooters, those 5 will actually be great as a unit. I think the Barnes/Barrett fit is probably the hardest to make work, in theory, of all of them.
Yeezy SZN approaching
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,288

Post#58 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:08 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:Disagree.

Yup. I also think Poeltl fits well with this group with his defense and passing. They can run things through him in the high post. If Barnes and Barett end up being average or above average 3 point shooters, those 5 will actually be great as a unit. I think the Barnes/Barrett fit is probably the hardest to make work, in theory, of all of them.

RJ long term probably should be a bench gunner with us slotting a 3+D type guy as the 3.

IQ/Dick/3+D/Barnes/Poeltl with a guy like RJ being your 6th man is not a bad place to start.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,719

Post#59 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:47 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:gradey's cutting / processing the game i dare to say is elite

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I've thought all along he showed good movement and instincts. The weird part was not hitting shots, which sounds so elementary, but it's everything for a shooter.

He went from shooting like 10% to over 50% from 3. He's turned me into a cult member at this point. It's like they got him on those good Lebron drugs when he took that time off for whatever "program" we put him on.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Post#60 » by ropjhk » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:24 am

Return to Toronto Raptors