ImageImageImageImageImage

Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,456

Re: Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand 

Post#21 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:25 pm

the madness on this board when we lose our pick
i play that tankthon sim and always move back
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,487

Re: Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand 

Post#22 » by Brinbe » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:33 pm

Regardless if we pass Memphis or even Portland or not it's always gonna be up to the lotto gods to dictate things. If it's any consolation, the draft next year should be better, which is important if we're in the mix for a top 10 pick again.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#23 » by ArthurVandelay » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:46 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:the madness on this board when we lose our pick

I do one click a day.

Raptors picked 4th today.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,083

Post#24 » by MiamiSPX » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:49 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:I'd be shocked if we won another game this year.

We might genuinely get 5th in odds by season's end.

I had them winning 6 of their last 21 games prior to knowing about Poeltl's injury and that Scottie had surgery (I thought he could be back for a game or two).

Now I can't see more than another 4 wins.

They play Washington twice, the Nets twice, and Detroit next week. There are maybe 2 wins in there, as those teams are also horrendous. They end the season with 2 games in Miami, where they could win one depending on what kind of team Miami fields based on their seeding. Then you have to figure they might win another one accidentally against a team that didn't take them seriously.

They play Portland Saturday night in the Tank Bowl

I have them losing that game with Simons going off for 40+.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Post#25 » by DelAbbot » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:52 pm

pilkoids wrote:Another half-ass tank after all the serious tanking has already been done. With 20 games left the only team we pass lower in the standings is maybe the grizz

Half ass is Masai's middle name
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#26 » by DelAbbot » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:54 pm

It will be a day of fireworks on this board and that alone is worth delivering a top 7/ top 8 pick to the Spurs
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,638

Post#27 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:55 pm

DelAbbot wrote:

It will be a day of fireworks on this board and that alone is worth delivering a top 7/ top 8 pick to the Spurs

This is straight up weirdo ****.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,456

Post#28 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:06 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

ya no one wants that
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,858

Post#29 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:11 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

ya no one wants that

No actual fans of the team.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#30 » by Steelo Green » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:13 pm

Pontification of how to be a fan.

The Realgm echo chamber.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#31 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:15 pm

Steelo Green wrote:Pontification of how to be a fan.

The Realgm echo chamber.

Yes, realgm, famously a place where no one ever argues.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,858

Post#32 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:17 pm

The Realgm echo chamber.

Don't you have another terrible thread to make?

Another awful prediction about the team where you're wrong... again and again and again?
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#33 » by Los_29 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:20 pm

Duffman100 wrote:

The Realgm echo chamber.

Don't you have another terrible thread to make?

Another awful prediction about the team where you're wrong... again and again and again?

Wouldn’t actually mind that. It’s been pretty quiet after last night’s loss.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,813

Post#34 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:27 pm

Yeah, Barnes and Poeltl timed it poorly getting injured far too late. :roll:

So stupid.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,655

Post#35 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:38 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
I had them winning 6 of their last 21 games prior to knowing about Poeltl's injury and that Scottie had surgery (I thought he could be back for a game or two).

Now I can't see more than another 4 wins.

They play Washington twice, the Nets twice, and Detroit next week. There are maybe 2 wins in there, as those teams are also horrendous. They end the season with 2 games in Miami, where they could win one depending on what kind of team Miami fields based on their seeding. Then you have to figure they might win another one accidentally against a team that didn't take them seriously.

They play Portland Saturday night in the Tank Bowl

I have them losing that game with Simons going off for 40+.

Plus Banton revenge game
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#36 » by DelAbbot » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:57 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

ya no one wants that

That's your opinion. No actual fans got us into this mess of tanking without a pick and about to deliver a top 7 top 8 FRP to the Spurs for a role player center
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,412

Post#37 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:01 pm

Shakril wrote:People are acting as if Barnes and Poeltl have injured themselves for the tank. :roll:

We will be really bad, but not cause we want to, but cause we cant be better than that.

Jakob isn’t getting surgery on his non shooting hand if the games mattered. They’re tanking.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,475

Post#38 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:03 pm

Brinbe wrote:Regardless if we pass Memphis or even Portland or not it's always gonna be up to the lotto gods to dictate things. If it's any consolation, the draft next year should be better, which is important if we're in the mix for a top 10 pick again.

I think a healthy team will be in the play-in next season. This year will end up being a missed opportunity to add a good young piece to the core (if we convey).
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#39 » by DelAbbot » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:06 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Brinbe wrote:Regardless if we pass Memphis or even Portland or not it's always gonna be up to the lotto gods to dictate things. If it's any consolation, the draft next year should be better, which is important if we're in the mix for a top 10 pick again.

I think a healthy team will be in the play-in next season. This year will end up being a missed opportunity to add a good young piece to the core (if we convey).

The entire talking point about mediocre and stuck in the middle has just been hyperbole until this season: Masai achieved the perfect mediocre and stuck in the middle season.

If the OG trade hadn't happened, this season would have gone down as one of the worst in our history
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#40 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:07 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
ya no one wants that

That's your opinion. No actual fans got us into this mess of tanking without a pick and about to deliver a top 7 top 8 FRP to the Spurs for a role player center

Actively wanted the worst outcome for a team you cheer for because you want to yell about things online is clown behaviour.

Return to Toronto Raptors