ImageImageImageImageImage

Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,858

Re: Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand 

Post#41 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:09 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
ya no one wants that

No actual fans of the team.

That's your opinion. No actual fans got us into this mess of tanking without a pick and about to deliver a top 7 top 8 FRP to the Spurs for a role player center

No actual fans had any impact on decisions that were made.

Cheering now for the worst outcome for your team is not an 'actual fan' thing to do.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Re: Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand 

Post#42 » by DelAbbot » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:10 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

That's your opinion. No actual fans got us into this mess of tanking without a pick and about to deliver a top 7 top 8 FRP to the Spurs for a role player center

Actively wanted the worst outcome for a team you cheer for because you want to yell about things online is clown behaviour.

Actually, delivering the pick is not the worst outcome. It's just the most humiliating outcome for Masai, which is what I'm rooting for.

The worst outcome is keeping the pick and drafting a dud and then lose 2025 FRP in a stronger draft

here is the clown

Spoiler:
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,806

Post#43 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:14 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Brinbe wrote:Regardless if we pass Memphis or even Portland or not it's always gonna be up to the lotto gods to dictate things. If it's any consolation, the draft next year should be better, which is important if we're in the mix for a top 10 pick again.

I think a healthy team will be in the play-in next season. This year will end up being a missed opportunity to add a good young piece to the core (if we convey).

The entire talking point about mediocre and stuck in the middle has just been hyperbole until this season: Masai achieved the perfect mediocre and stuck in the middle season.

If the OG trade hadn't happened, this season would have gone down as one of the worst in our history

Congrats on admitting to 3 years of pretty much lying about it.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#44 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:16 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Actively wanted the worst outcome for a team you cheer for because you want to yell about things online is clown behaviour.

Actually, delivering the pick is not the worst outcome. It's just the most humiliating outcome for Masai, which is what I'm rooting for.

The worst outcome is keeping the pick and drafting a dud and then lose 2025 FRP in a stronger draft

here is the clown

Spoiler:

You got issues man. Go back to your youtube channel. :lol:
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#45 » by brownbobcat » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:19 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

No actual fans had any impact on decisions that were made.

Cheering now for the worst outcome for your team is not an 'actual fan' thing to do.

I don't want them to lose the pick just like I didn't want this season to be a mess, but sometimes the reality check for the FO is worth it. Imagine if they were 29-33 and in the play-in spot instead.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,059

Post#46 » by ItsDanger » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:20 pm

Having the worst potential short term outcome could actually make promote change that improves the long term upside of the team.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#47 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:25 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Having the worst potential short term outcome could actually make promote change that improves the long term upside of the team.

Them losing the 7-10th pick in the pick isn't going to get Masai fired.
They've already traded their best players and started a rebuild.

What change are you expecting to happen?

We should be cheering for the pick to either convey in 2026 or result in two seconds. That's what I'm rooting for.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#48 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:29 pm

I get rooting why some people are rooting against keeping the pick. Y'all better hope the Raptors don't move up 1-4, because its going to be very long and relentless summer around here for some of you that can't stop constantly bitching before the outcome is even settled.

And if losing/trading this summers pick was an issue to ownership, they would have fired him already and not waited for lottery balls, which would be an incredibly stupid way to make a fact based decision. So you can bet he won't be. Unless they are just plain stupid.
brownbobcat
Head Coach

Post#49 » by brownbobcat » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:34 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Having the worst potential short term outcome could actually make promote change that improves the long term upside of the team.

Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,685

Post#50 » by Vampirate » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:06 pm

Scase wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:So we tanking tanking

Yeah, about 4 months too late though.

We really could never bad enough with Barnes tbh.

SA, Det and Was are unreachable. Charlotte and Por and a long long shot. The only team that we realistically could ever catch is Memphis.

There's a chance that we could back up into the playin, so at least this ensures that doesn't happen.

We're in a glass half full/ half empty situation.

We either lose our pick in a weak draft or we retain our pick and then probably lose our pick next season in a stronger draft.|

It's a pick your poison situation.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#51 » by DelAbbot » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:12 pm

brownbobcat wrote:

holy smokes, did you AI photoshop Bobby's face?
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#52 » by Scase » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:15 pm

Vampirate wrote:
Scase wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:So we tanking tanking

Yeah, about 4 months too late though.

We really could never bad enough with Barnes tbh.

SA, Det and Was are unreachable. Charlotte and Por and a long long shot. The only team that we realistically could ever catch is Memphis.

There's a chance that we could back up into the playin, so at least this ensures that doesn't happen.

We're in a glass half full/ half empty situation.

We either lose our pick in a weak draft or we retain our pick and then probably lose our pick next season in a stronger draft.|

It's a pick your poison situation.

This one is a too much of a what is scenario to say one way or the other TBH. Trading Siakam/OG in the off season would have likely resulted in different returns, so it's impossible to say what the team comp would be in that instance.

As big of a believer as I am of Scottie, in his current iteration, I don't think he is good enough to lift this team out of its current state alone. Assuming we got picks instead of players for trading OG vs the Knicks pick, we could easily have been bottom 5, hell we're 7th right now by 2 games, and that was with a fair chunk of the season having a team that was TRYING to win.

While being bottom 3 was likely not in the cards, we'd definitely have had a much greater chance to keep this pick, and that would most likely bleed into us being bad next year as well, potentially securing 2 top 5/10 picks back to back, which would be huge for the future.

Instead we are likely to lose this years, and next year end up with something in the 10-13 range. That's a huge difference IMO, and those few months (more like years, but I digress) of dragging our feet will probably tack on another couple of years to the rebuild.

The only way out of this is if IQ/RJ/Dick make huge strides and exceed any expectations by a long shot. Otherwise, this team is just good enough to flirt with the play in and get meh picks. Basically the Siakam era minus 2019.
Props TZ!
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#53 » by DelAbbot » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:15 pm

For all of you people acting like you stand at higher moral grounds to my rooting for delivering a high pick to Spurs: how do you deal with that reality when it comes to fruition?

I have my coping mechanism, which is don't fight it - we going to lose and deliver a high pick to the Spurs. So I direct my focus on blaming you know who.
brownbobcat
Head Coach

Post#54 » by brownbobcat » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:19 pm

DelAbbot wrote:holy smokes, did you AI photoshop Bobby's face?

All automatically done by some random website using this reference photo.

AI is scary good now.
Shakril
Starter
And1: 1,328

Post#55 » by Shakril » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:34 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
Shakril wrote:People are acting as if Barnes and Poeltl have injured themselves for the tank. :roll:

We will be really bad, but not cause we want to, but cause we cant be better than that.

Jakob isn’t getting surgery on his non shooting hand if the games mattered. They’re tanking.

If it helps you sleep at night, than believe that is the reason he got surgery.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#56 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:35 pm

DelAbbot wrote:For all of you people acting like you stand at higher moral grounds to my rooting for delivering a high pick to Spurs: how do you deal with that reality when it comes to fruition?

I have my coping mechanism, which is don't fight it - we going to lose and deliver a high pick to the Spurs. So I direct my focus on blaming you know who.

Most normal people don't need to cope or always point fingers daily.

The trade was well over a year ago.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#57 » by Yeezus_ » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:54 pm

DelAbbot wrote:For all of you people acting like you stand at higher moral grounds to my rooting for delivering a high pick to Spurs: how do you deal with that reality when it comes to fruition?

Bro just let it go, no need to cope over stuff like this lol.
Yeezy SZN approaching
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,580

Post#58 » by mdenny » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:08 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:I get rooting why some people are rooting against keeping the pick. Y'all better hope the Raptors don't move up 1-4, because its going to be very long and relentless summer around here for some of you that can't stop constantly bitching before the outcome is even settled.

And if losing/trading this summers pick was an issue to ownership, they would have fired him already and not waited for lottery balls, which would be an incredibly stupid way to make a fact based decision. So you can bet he won't be. Unless they are just plain stupid.

I'm mostly undecided about when the optimal time is to convey the pick. But for those who really want to keep the pick this year....it's actually pretty important for Memphis to pass us in the standings.

If they don't we have approx 36% chance of keeping the pick. If they do...we have approx 48% chance of keeping the pick.

I can't see the raptors actually adding 3 guaranteed contract rookies to the squad in a single off-season. They publically stated this was unlikely.

So if we keep the pick....look for the raps to trade one of them depending on what specific player they are targeting. I think they value early seconds because of less guaranteed $ so I bet they'd trade either their own or indy's. It's highly possible the raps end up trading the pick even if they keep it which would be hilarious.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,412

Post#59 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:09 pm

Shakril wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
Shakril wrote:People are acting as if Barnes and Poeltl have injured themselves for the tank. :roll:

We will be really bad, but not cause we want to, but cause we cant be better than that.

Jakob isn’t getting surgery on his non shooting hand if the games mattered. They’re tanking.

If it helps you sleep at night, than believe that is the reason he got surgery.

I sleep just fine. Who were you before you were Shakril? Were you banned or embarrassed by your previous posting history?
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,412

Post#60 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:10 pm

Another poster that was either banned or changed his username because he was embarrassed of his past post history. We don't pay attention to you bud, you're just an easy target to reply to, that's all.

Return to Toronto Raptors