ImageImageImageImageImage

Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

CazOnReal
Senior
And1: 445

Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand 

Post#1 » by CazOnReal » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:25 am

Read on Twitter

Minimum 9 game absence given prior examples of such surgeries.

The tank is officially here.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,275

Re: Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:26 am

I don't think this team wins more than 2 games without Barnes/Poeltl. We already sucked defensively but without those 2, we could be historically bad now lol.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Re: Jakob Poeltl underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the fifth (little) finger of his left hand 

Post#3 » by Dominator83 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:27 am

Olynyk season
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
CazOnReal
Senior
And1: 445

Post#4 » by CazOnReal » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:28 am

Tor_Raps wrote:I don't think this team wins more than 2 games without Barnes/Poeltl. We already sucked defensively but without those 2, we could be historically bad now lol.

I'd be shocked if we won another game this year.

We might genuinely get 5th in odds by season's end.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,275

Post#5 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:29 am

CazOnReal wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I don't think this team wins more than 2 games without Barnes/Poeltl. We already sucked defensively but without those 2, we could be historically bad now lol.

We can only hope. This teams needs elite young talent asap. The one thing I can trust with this front office is their drafting for the most part.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,167

Post#6 » by HiJiNX » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:47 am

So we tanking tanking
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,638

Post#7 » by Mr Funk » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:56 am

This could be a glorious tank with a top five pick.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,285

Post#8 » by Scase » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:39 am

HiJiNX wrote:So we tanking tanking

Yeah, about 4 months too late though.
Props TZ!
manjusaka
Senior
And1: 416

Post#9 » by manjusaka » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:47 am

If RJ Barrett needs to clean up something in his knees, pls do it now.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,544

Post#10 » by SFour » Wed Mar 6, 2024 9:17 am

Raptors are going to be on par with the Wizards/Pistons with both Barnes and Poeltl out.....might be too late though, Grizzlies tank looks strong as well.
Shakril
Starter
And1: 1,328

Post#11 » by Shakril » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:50 am

People are acting as if Barnes and Poeltl have injured themselves for the tank. :roll:

We will be really bad, but not cause we want to, but cause we cant be better than that.
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#12 » by Green Backpack » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:24 am

Can't believe that pick is top 6 protected. We rely on Memphis winning and lottery balls now.
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,330

Post#13 » by pilkoids » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:48 am

Another half-ass tank after all the serious tanking has already been done. With 20 games left the only team we pass lower in the standings is maybe the grizz
Statistician MK
Junior
And1: 426

Post#14 » by Statistician MK » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:58 am

Green Backpack wrote:Can't believe that pick is top 6 protected. We rely on Memphis winning and lottery balls now.

At least, it's a protected pick...

The Nets' pick is not protected at all... The Lakers' pick is unprotected too...
The Rockets' and the Warriors' picks are top-4 protected...
The Pacers' pick, that we own now, is top-3 protected...

So, our top-6 protected pick is not too bad!
We all have different opinions, and that is one thing that makes this forum great.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#15 » by ArthurVandelay » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:32 pm

CazOnReal wrote:

Portland has 3 years experience at this and a large head start.

6th is the best they could hope for imo...but I hope I'm wrong.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,079

Post#16 » by MiamiSPX » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:40 pm

CazOnReal wrote:

I had them winning 6 of their last 21 games prior to knowing about Poeltl's injury and that Scottie had surgery (I thought he could be back for a game or two).

Now I can't see more than another 4 wins.

They play Washington twice, the Nets twice, and Detroit next week. There are maybe 2 wins in there, as those teams are also horrendous. They end the season with 2 games in Miami, where they could win one depending on what kind of team Miami fields based on their seeding. Then you have to figure they might win another one accidentally against a team that didn't take them seriously.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,166

Post#17 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:40 pm

Man what’s going on? That’s a lot of hand injuries in the league in a week
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#18 » by ArthurVandelay » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:29 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:

I had them winning 6 of their last 21 games prior to knowing about Poeltl's injury and that Scottie had surgery (I thought he could be back for a game or two).

Now I can't see more than another 4 wins.

They play Washington twice, the Nets twice, and Detroit next week. There are maybe 2 wins in there, as those teams are also horrendous. They end the season with 2 games in Miami, where they could win one depending on what kind of team Miami fields based on their seeding. Then you have to figure they might win another one accidentally against a team that didn't take them seriously.

They play Portland Saturday night in the Tank Bowl
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#19 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:56 pm

We were terrible with Poeltl and Barnes healthy. Their injuries save our FO from their own stupidity. Hopefully we keep our pick.
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,627

Post#20 » by arbsn » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:58 pm

Dominator83 wrote:Olynyk season

Would prefer to shut him down too. Keep him on ice until the Olympics.

Return to Toronto Raptors