ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors With The Third Highest Odds To Sign Ben Simmons

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Re: Raptors With The Third Highest Odds To Sign Ben Simmons 

Post#21 » by DelAbbot » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:56 am

Read on Twitter
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#22 » by xAIRNESSx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:06 am

The only reason to be bought out is to move to a more competitive team or city that you like.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,268

Post#23 » by mrdressup » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:16 am

Is this how (Please Use More Appropriate Word) Americans think this franchise has become? The guy's back is shot, and his head isn't screw on straight. This is like using your last 10 bucks to buy lottery tickets. Yes, you could very well win a free ticket chasing your dreams. Just be bad for a while more and try and draft well...Don't try and rush things in hope of reaching mediocrity faster.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,356

Post#24 » by D.Brasco » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:22 am

Read on Twitter
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,050

Post#25 » by bstein14 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:23 am

He would just go to LA for the minimum he's all about that lifestyle and he's a Klutch kid.

Honestly fit wouldn't be great with two players who can't shoot the three in the lineup together in Poeltl and Simmons.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,143

Post#26 » by Chandan » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:23 am

Young socialite is a bootleg barnes
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,412

Post#27 » by ForeverTFC » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:29 am

mdenny wrote:To be honest....a backcourt of simmons and IQ COULD work. Plus there's the multi-positional defender everyone wants in Og's absence.

Ppl forget that Simmons is an EXTREMELY talented ball-handler. Like wizard level dribble skills.

But it's probably wishful thinking on my part. I assume his problems have everything to do with his psychology/maturity. And that kind of stuff can be insurmountable.

But in him hitting rock bottom....I do find ppl forget how incredibly talented he is. The history of the league is full of players that were initially hot sheet....then had a fall....then made a comeback to respectability. Of recent note....porzingus comes to mind. Zach Randolph had that arc to some degree too.

Back injuries are tough to manage. It’s gonna be hard for him to re-create a place for himself.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#28 » by Psubs » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:43 am

MiamiSPX wrote:Does he even want to keep playing? Seems like he doesn't even like the game anymore.

He never did like the game. It's a means to an end.
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,896

Post#29 » by Agimat » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:44 am

high risk high reward leggo lol
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#30 » by Psubs » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:45 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
mdenny wrote:To be honest....a backcourt of simmons and IQ COULD work. Plus there's the multi-positional defender everyone wants in Og's absence.

Ppl forget that Simmons is an EXTREMELY talented ball-handler. Like wizard level dribble skills.

But it's probably wishful thinking on my part. I assume his problems have everything to do with his psychology/maturity. And that kind of stuff can be insurmountable.

But in him hitting rock bottom....I do find ppl forget how incredibly talented he is. The history of the league is full of players that were initially hot sheet....then had a fall....then made a comeback to respectability. Of recent note....porzingus comes to mind. Zach Randolph had that arc to some degree too.

Back injuries are tough to manage. It’s gonna be hard for him to re-create a place for himself.

He should join the Lakers for the min and play C.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,648

Post#31 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:32 am

He's the ultimate version of the long boi defender who can't shoot, but Masai has moved beyond that vision hasn't he?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#32 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:37 am

mdenny wrote: Zach Randolph had that arc to some degree too.

Good example. Z-Bo went from being the dictionary definition of a toxic asset - an OG Jailblazer, the Knickiest of the clown show Knicks - to one of the foundations of Grizzlies culture that continues down to this day. It turns out they did have a cancer there, and they traded him to the Raptors.

Arguably Kyle Lowry had a similar arc, and was on his way to itinerant journeyman status until Masai famously had a talk with him.

But, as many have said in this thread, Simmons just doesn't care. He doesn't care enough to have a gangsta persona. He's got generational wealth, and getting good and staying good at basketball is hard.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,960

Post#33 » by Potential » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:57 am

I won't mind signing him. It would be fun to boo him tf outta here
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,372

Post#34 » by PushDaRock » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:12 am

ForeverTFC wrote:

Incredible that Nash had the kind of longevity he did with his back issues. He didn't even start breaking down till he was almost 40 but it was under constant management and he never sat on the bench when he wasn't playing during games.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#35 » by metafisical » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:38 am

If Adam Silver has a secret deal to give us the #1 pick this year if we sign Simmons, I would support it.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,285

Post#36 » by Scase » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:42 am

PushDaRock wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Incredible that Nash had the kind of longevity he did with his back issues. He didn't even start breaking down till he was almost 40 but it was under constant management and he never sat on the bench when he wasn't playing during games.

I'm convinced it's all made up. Back issues are one of the hardest to actually prove are real, he's never given any indication he actually wants to play in the NBA. He is a grade a, top notch scam artist IMO lol.
Props TZ!
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,896

Post#37 » by Merit » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:26 am

WaltFrazier wrote:He's the ultimate version of the long boi defender who can't shoot, but Masai has moved beyond that vision hasn't he?

Has he? Masai did bring in Jared Sullinger so there is a possibility of redemption if the price is right.

Current Ben Simmons must be in the Dunker spot offensively. If we have enough shooting we could consider him as a depth jack of all trades. His passing does play up in the system the raps have chosen and he is still solid in transition iirc. Also a decent defender.

It’s a no from me based on actual outputs but it’s a yes from me because I’m a sucker for redemption stories.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,896

Post#38 » by Merit » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:28 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
mdenny wrote: Zach Randolph had that arc to some degree too.

Good example. Z-Bo went from being the dictionary definition of a toxic asset - an OG Jailblazer, the Knickiest of the clown show Knicks - to one of the foundations of Grizzlies culture that continues down to this day. It turns out they did have a cancer there, and they traded him to the Raptors.

Arguably Kyle Lowry had a similar arc, and was on his way to itinerant journeyman status until Masai famously had a talk with him.

But, as many have said in this thread, Simmons just doesn't care. He doesn't care enough to have a gangsta persona. He's got generational wealth, and getting good and staying good at basketball is hard.

Yeah if we could be certain he actually gave a ****, his talent is there.
I believe in Masai.
Tom_Foolery
Junior
And1: 401

Post#39 » by Tom_Foolery » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:59 pm

Fake News
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,330

Post#40 » by pilkoids » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:13 pm

RoteSchroder wrote:this is a tough one

Mop girl looks nice, but she may not stay here for long-term. She will likely set sight to higher aspirations.

Simmons is not someone I want to look at during breaks, but as a mop boy he can get to those wet spots real fast with his NBA athleticism. Plus, he'll likely be a long-term asset and may have the potential to develop into mop man.

This board is still fawning over mop-girl from like 15 years ago? That gal probably probably has a couple of kids in junior-high by now

Return to Toronto Raptors