ImageImageImageImageImage

Did we give up on Banton too soon?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,698

Re: Did we give up on Banton too soon? 

Post#281 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:23 pm

What is his contract status this summer?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
dkb964
Junior
And1: 182

Post#282 » by dkb964 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:43 pm

He just shot 0-15 from 3 his last game which is hilarious! He shot 40/29/78 on the year. I am not too upset with him not being a Raptor. If he was not Canadian nobody would even be taking about him anymore on this board.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,867

Post#283 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:50 pm

dkb964 wrote:He just shot 0-15 from 3 his last game which is hilarious! He shot 40/29/78 on the year. I am not too upset with him not being a Raptor. If he was not Canadian nobody would even be taking about him anymore on this board.

It's hard, in "real life" he won't be allowed to take 15 from 3. But in "real life", he'll also not be given the ball constantly to boost his stats as he did.

So we'll have to see if this flash in a pan type production will translate to real life early next season.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#284 » by douggood » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:51 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:What is his contract status this summer?

team option, minimum salary.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,287

Post#285 » by ruckus » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:54 pm

pharring wrote:I am a big believer in the concept that a player's development depends as much on where he lands as it does on the player himself. The prime example I always come back to is Rajon Rondo. Do we even know who he is if he lands in Sacramento instead of that stacked Celtics team?

Banton may be another example. Local beat writers have alluded to him having difficulty separating work from home life when he was in T.O. I can relate. I left Halifax for London for post-grad because I had way too much of a life in Halifax and needed to focus.

I am pulling for Banton. And I do look at the end of our bench and wonder why there wasn't room for him (not like his space has been filled with better players OR better stories). But this may turn out to be necessary for Banton.

That, and I also remember some gawful (God+awful) sequences where Banton was absolutely lost on the court. So let's not assume we relinquished something of true value here until he shows year-over-year development.

Exactly. I hope he does well and has a long, fruitful career in the NBA but it wasn't going to happen in Toronto.
dkb964
Junior
And1: 182

Post#286 » by dkb964 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
dkb964 wrote:He just shot 0-15 from 3 his last game which is hilarious! He shot 40/29/78 on the year. I am not too upset with him not being a Raptor. If he was not Canadian nobody would even be taking about him anymore on this board.

It's hard, in "real life" he won't be allowed to take 15 from 3. But in "real life", he'll also not be given the ball constantly to boost his stats as he did.

So we'll have to see if this flash in a pan type production will translate to real life early next season.

I think it is pretty obvious that the Blazers are giving him the gren light because they know if they do they will lose games. I love his size but I just do not think he is an NBA player.
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,590

Post#287 » by plainballing » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:34 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

He looks more like the dude trying to be Steph Curry in LA than a NBA player with good forms. Some of his shots are wide open but when he release the ball you don't feel confident that it will go in (eyeball test).
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg

Return to Toronto Raptors