ImageImageImageImageImage

JVL vs Ramsey

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

JVL or Ramsey?

JAVONFREEMAN-LIBERTY
60%
JAHMI'US RAMSEY
40%

Total votes: 48

Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,738

Re: JVL vs Ramsey 

Post#41 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:08 pm

Sure, let's waste another year figuring it out.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,893

Post#42 » by Duffman100 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:44 pm

Sure let’s complain about not finding untapped potential and diamonds in the rough. But then whine when we acquire people with a raw and intriguing skill base.
onions17
Starter
And1: 638

Post#43 » by onions17 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:01 am

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:I knew this season might get dark, but this thread is way beyond the depths i could have guessed

:rofl: :rofl:

Ps. Are you really the son of raptors legend assistant coach Jim Todd?
Q00 wrote:When scoring over 100 pts and giving up under 100 pts, they are 11-0

Clearly defense is the difference between winning and losing for this team.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,580

Post#44 » by bluerap23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:37 am

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:It's his size too, it's not just the shot. He's a decent defender at SG, but he's too small for a SF. He's average against bigger SF's and most are 6'7"-6'9". He's generously listed at 6'5". He's not an OG replacement on either end.

So, then it becomes do you see him at SG or PG. Those are more natural positions for his size. Maybe slide him to guard and have him stop shooting.

What does “generpusly listed” even mean? I need a new argument so I devalue legitimate combine measurements?

With shoes he’s listed at 6’5 75. So nearly 6’6 with a 6’10 wingspan. That’s enough size to guard 1-3. Maybe small ball 4.

Nobody is replacing OG. But Ochai can be a solid rotation player. He guarded Shai well and defend Banchero well in the first game we played them.

It means he's a SG, not a SF. 6'5" makes him not really that special as a SF. He got torched by Orlando, we didn't see the same game.

He guards down, not up. I have a hard time telling the difference between him and Ramsey, size wise tbh

'
Man your argument keeps getting weirder. You are taking one of his best attributes and somehow trying to turn it into a weakness. The main reason he is viewed as having potential is because of his physical attributes and his ability to defend. The only question mark is whether he can become a league average 3pt shooter.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,893

Post#45 » by Duffman100 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:41 am

bluerap23 wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
What does “generpusly listed” even mean? I need a new argument so I devalue legitimate combine measurements?

With shoes he’s listed at 6’5 75. So nearly 6’6 with a 6’10 wingspan. That’s enough size to guard 1-3. Maybe small ball 4.

Nobody is replacing OG. But Ochai can be a solid rotation player. He guarded Shai well and defend Banchero well in the first game we played them.

It means he's a SG, not a SF. 6'5" makes him not really that special as a SF. He got torched by Orlando, we didn't see the same game.

He guards down, not up. I have a hard time telling the difference between him and Ramsey, size wise tbh

'
Man your argument keeps getting weirder. You are taking one of his best attributes and somehow trying to turn it into a weakness. The main reason he is viewed as having potential is because of his physical attributes and his ability to defend. The only question mark is whether he can become a league average 3pt shooter.

He shoots 25% from 3.

No he doesn't.

He hasn't progressed with his shot, ever.

Yes he has.

He's not physically capable of guarding people.

Yes he is.

:lol:
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,793

Post#46 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:31 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Sure let’s complain about not finding untapped potential and diamonds in the rough. But then whine when we acquire people with a raw and intriguing skill base.

That's what we do.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,893

Post#47 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:39 pm

Neither..m time to look elsewhere...

Return to Toronto Raptors