ImageImageImageImageImage

2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V3.0 

Post#1 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:40 pm

Last one reached 100x pages;

Continued from:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2343115&start=2000
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
CazOnReal
Senior
And1: 445

Re: 2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V3.0 

Post#2 » by CazOnReal » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:13 am

Well...with Porter possibly out of the NBA, I think we'll need to take a serious look at drafting a 4/5 with one of our picks.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,634

Post#3 » by Psubs » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:05 pm

CazOnReal wrote:Well...with Porter possibly out of the NBA, I think we'll need to take a serious look at drafting a 4/5 with one of our picks.

That was always the case and I was looking at Ware or Tyler Smith with the Pacers pick and Edey or Ivisic with the #31.

On another note, I really wanted Donte DiVincenzo with the full MLE with max raises but he signed with NY for less and now he puts up 40 with a Knick record 11 treys. :cry:
ishoy123
Starter
And1: 2,621

Post#4 » by ishoy123 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:18 pm

CazOnReal wrote:Well...with Porter possibly out of the NBA, I think we'll need to take a serious look at drafting a 4/5 with one of our picks.

Even before the gambling stuff, Porter was never a core part of the plans going forward.
CazOnReal
Senior

Post#5 » by CazOnReal » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:27 am

ishoy123 wrote:

Even before the gambling stuff, Porter was never a core part of the plans going forward.

Maybe not but he was expected to get a lengthy look at with all the injuries prior to the gambling scandal.
Psubs wrote:

That was always the case and I was looking at Ware or Tyler Smith with the Pacers pick and Edey or Ivisic with the #31.

I like Ware as the Pacers pick though it's obviously up to the FO to figure out how big the motor issues are for him. Dude is one of the few players in this draft I can see having a high ceiling as this mobile, lengthy stretch 5 but there are definitely games where he isn't locked in on either end of the floor.
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 944

Post#6 » by raptorforlife88 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:10 pm

If we choose to go this route, what is a bad contract that we can absorb for assets? Lonzo? Terry Rozier?
Oakvillehoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,033

Post#7 » by Oakvillehoops » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

What combination of Jacob Poetl + Picks and more could get Sengun from Houston?

They’ve won 10 in a row now without him playing, and Green is popping off again. Sengun is an amazing player but probably a bad fit with Green.

I think Senguns passing and vision with Scottie’s vision and RJs slashing would be an amazing fit
Gavin_TDThree
Senior
And1: 578

Post#8 » by Gavin_TDThree » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:26 pm

Oakvillehoops wrote:What combination of Jacob Poetl + Picks and more could get Sengun from Houston?

They’ve won 10 in a row now without him playing, and Green is popping off again. Sengun is an amazing player but probably a bad fit with Green.

I think Senguns passing and vision with Scottie’s vision and RJs slashing would be an amazing fit

I have a feeling they look at his as nearly untouchable, he was having an insane stretch for a while. 21pts 9rbs 5ast 1.2stls.

Jabari Smith JR I think is the one who could be getable out of Houston
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#9 » by deeps6x » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:40 pm

I think we probably target Hartenstein from the Knicks (as they have to let him go to retain OG at $40M/yr or whatever he gets), or target Jalen Smith from the Pacers (who I think are more intent on keeping Toppin and McDermott).

Personally, I'd love it if we'd take Zach Edey and see if we can make it work. I just don't think he falls to the Detroit pick, and might even be gone by the Pacer's pick.

Salaun feels about right, from a risk/reward basis with the Pacer's pick. I like McCain, but expect he is gone by this time. Castle is probably still available here, but I'm not as high on him as some others are. I'd take Knecht, but I think he is gone as well by the time we get to Indy's pick. I'd take Devin Carter, but Indy probably has to lose four more games. I don't think that is happening. I like Ware and Clingan, but think they are both gone well before the Indy pick, and if we keep our pick, there are better options at 6 or higher.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,368

Post#10 » by Saul Goodman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:30 pm

raptorforlife88 wrote:If we choose to go this route, what is a bad contract that we can absorb for assets? Lonzo? Terry Rozier?

Wiggins would be a good move

Wiggins/2025 GSW 1st for cap room would be a good deal
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
islandboy53
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#11 » by islandboy53 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:09 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
raptorforlife88 wrote:If we choose to go this route, what is a bad contract that we can absorb for assets? Lonzo? Terry Rozier?

Wiggins at $26, $28 and $30 million is a bad move. Golden State is not attaching a 1st to dump his salary.
CazOnReal
Senior

Post#12 » by CazOnReal » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:55 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

2 problems with that:

1) Because Dubs owe a 24 first to the Blazers, they can't trade their 25 pick; I think they should be able to trade a 26 first but...

2) Salary matching would more or less eliminate the Raptors cap space and thus any opportunities for free agent signings; Boucher would need to be included for matching purposes so at least that would free up a roster slot for the team

I think if the Raptors are going to take on any bad salary, it would probably be Lonzo (Blazers 1st or a trade up for the Bulls 1st this year with the Pacers 1st) or Poole though frankly the Wizards shouldn't be moving any draft capital given they're going to be stuck in a rebuild for a longggggggg time. Poole might not even be on his current contract by the time Washington makes their next playoff appearance.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#13 » by ArthurVandelay » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:51 pm

CazOnReal wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

2 problems with that:

1) Because Dubs owe a 24 first to the Blazers, they can't trade their 25 pick; I think they should be able to trade a 26 first but...

2) Salary matching would more or less eliminate the Raptors cap space and thus any opportunities for free agent signings; Boucher would need to be included for matching purposes so at least that would free up a roster slot for the team

I think if the Raptors are going to take on any bad salary, it would probably be Lonzo (Blazers 1st or a trade up for the Bulls 1st this year with the Pacers 1st) or Poole though frankly the Wizards shouldn't be moving any draft capital given they're going to be stuck in a rebuild for a longggggggg time. Poole might not even be on his current contract by the time Washington makes their next playoff appearance.

Warriors can trade 25 pick draft night as soon as their 24 pick is selected.

I’d take Wiggins if another asset came back - ‘25 first would be ideal. Wouldn’t touch Poole without a lot of draft capital which Wizards don’t have. Poole is hands down the most toxic contract in the nba.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#14 » by agkagk » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:37 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

2 problems with that:

I’d take Wiggins if another asset came back - ‘25 first would be ideal. Wouldn’t touch Poole without a lot of draft capital which Wizards don’t have. Poole is hands down the most toxic contract in the nba.

Yall missed the boat on wiggins.

He was dealing with a personal matter and his 2024 numbers and performance are inline with what youd expect.

Doubt he was ever really avaiable
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,659

Post#15 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:12 pm

Poeltl and 17 for Kennard and Grizz pick

Regardless of if we get our own or not we take Clingon with the Grizz pick (assuming no Sarr). Use BB and Gary to get another first and draft a wing and/or another pg
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
ishoy123
Starter
And1: 2,621

Post#16 » by ishoy123 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:47 pm

agkagk wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:2 problems with that:

He was dealing with a personal matter and his 2024 numbers and performance are inline with what youd expect.

The whole point of doing all the trades this year is so we don't end up with a contract like Wiggins.
agkagk
Analyst

Post#17 » by agkagk » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:29 pm

ishoy123 wrote:
agkagk wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:

The whole point of doing all the trades this year is so we don't end up with a contract like Wiggins.

Yaaaa wiggins contract is fair value, hes in his prime, hes an elite 3 and d wing — like right up there witg og.

Plus the caps going up.

Wait, correction, its probably a below market contract.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,415

Post#18 » by JRoy » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:35 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Poeltl and 17 for Kennard and Grizz pick

Regardless of if we get our own or not we take Clingon with the Grizz pick (assuming no Sarr). Use BB and Gary to get another first and draft a wing and/or another pg

Who might give a FRP for Brown?

No one is giving a first for the privilege of overpaying GTJr.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#19 » by islandboy53 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:40 pm

ishoy123 wrote:
agkagk wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:

Thank you.
agkagk
Analyst

Post#20 » by agkagk » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:58 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
ishoy123 wrote:
agkagk wrote:

Thank you.

Go take a long look at the cap, wiggins contract, age and impact as a 3 and d wing.

Otherwise, you can count on one hand the other elite 3 and d wings.

Og, wiggins, mcdaniels, maybe dort, see already a big drop off!

Return to Toronto Raptors