ImageImageImageImageImage

2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,141

Re: 2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V3.0 

Post#81 » by billy_hoyle » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 pm

Spida888 wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:
If we keep our pick.

Trade Bruce, Boucher and McDaniels (+ all three picks) for Mikal and Cam.

IQ, MLE
RJ, Dick/GTJ
Mikal, Cam/Ochai
Barnes, Cam
Yak, KO

A little small? Too expensive?

I think Brooklyn says no. They turned down offers for Bridges with multiple firsts plus reportedly a prospect like Jalen Green.

Brooklyn won't take that Raps offer. They still owe picks to Houston, so they don't have incentive to tank yet.

They were dumb not to take the Houston offer if it included giving them back their picks and more.

Do they owe swap rights next year? I don't think they are allowed to trade consecutive picks right? So they must at least have a pick next year.

This would give them a top 6 pick this year, and allows them to properly tank next year. Then they probably start reaping the Phoenix picks to off set their own going out.

I'd consider it if I were them.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,884

Post#82 » by agkagk » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:12 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
agkagk wrote:
grant101 wrote:
Warriors. The time to do this deal was at the deadline, so that GS could shed salary and make retaining the rest of their team a little more manageable. I don't see the incentive for them of doing this now.

Why are people on this board pretending the warriors are desperate to ditch wiggins ?

Because he turned into a pumpkin again is still owed $85M? I don't want any part of him, I think his game is going to crash badly as he continues his athletic decline.

He was dealing with a family crisis

Go look at his 2024 stats

Then go look at his age and contract

This board is in zombie mode lol
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,775

Post#83 » by ArthurVandelay » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:20 am

agkagk wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:
agkagk wrote:
Why are people on this board pretending the warriors are desperate to ditch wiggins ?

Because he turned into a pumpkin again is still owed $85M? I don't want any part of him, I think his game is going to crash badly as he continues his athletic decline.

This is where my thoughts on shedding Wiggins originated, combined with Wiggins ongoing family issues causing him to leave the team:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-offseason-plan-1a-is-to-avoid-luxury-tax-entirely-owner-joe-lacob-says/

The Warriors are still in win-now mode, but ownership is hoping to do so on a somewhat more affordable budget next season. Most fans have assumed, at the very least, that the team would try to find a way beneath the new second apron before penalties for exceeding it start to kick in next season. Warriors governor Joe Lacob appeared on The TK Show with The Athletic's Tim Kawakami, and he indicated that while nothing is set in stone, he'd like to go even further. In a perfect world, Golden State would duck the luxury tax entirely next season.

"Our Plan 1, or 1A, is that we'd like to be out of the tax, and we think that we have a way to do that," Lacob explained. "That kind of is the plan, not just under the second apron. I'll tell you why that's important because the truth is, we need to be out of the tax two years out of the next four in order to get this repeater thing off our books. We don't want to be a repeater. It's just so prohibitive, not to say we wouldn't do it if we had to, but you've gotta look at what the downside is to doing that. So, that's the plan, is to try to do that, and we think we can keep our team together and retain even the players that are, we might be able to bring players back at different numbers and so on."

Next year's projected tax line currently sits at $172 million. As of today, the Warriors have roughly $137 million committed to eight players for next season. Klay Thompson or Chris Paul is not among those players, and that figure only accounts for the $3 million guaranteed portion of Kevon Looney's $8 million salary. This essentially means that if the Warriors want to stay under the tax entirely for next season, they'd have around $35 million to potentially bring back Thompson, Paul, and Looney and fill out the rest of the roster.

"There's a Plan 1B, I guess, and 1B is we could go even further than that and we could make big changes if we had to," Lacob said. "If this team were to slide all the way down here and not do well the end of the year here, you know there's gonna be big changes. But if we do really well, we might decide to go the other way, so everything's open, we have to be flexible, I can just tell you that the goal is to not be a lottery team ever."
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,294

Post#84 » by brownbobcat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:08 am

agkagk wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:
agkagk wrote:

He had a couple of decent seasons in basically the perfect environment for him where he could catch 4-on-3 lobs, hit open jumpers and stand wherever Draymond told him to in D. He's otherwise been an unmotivated player who never improved much despite all the potential in the world.

For cheap - why not? But no way I'd give up any significant assets.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,150

Post#85 » by MiamiSPX » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:19 am

Wasn't this the 2nd time Wiggins had to leave to deal with said family issue? I am sure whatever it is, it's pretty bad and I feel for him. But why would any team willingly take on that issue?
vanhill
Senior
And1: 245

Post#86 » by vanhill » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:07 am

Kenneth lofton Jr seems to be a real deal.
He has both inside and outside game and is a decent rebounder, tough and battle with the opponent in the paint. He is also a above average passer and able to distribute the ball nicely. We should get him cheap now before some other team pick him up

https://youtu.be/XsRNy0bDTGA?si=wMVnyfCmo9M_Kp9x
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#87 » by Spida888 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:22 am

billy_hoyle wrote:
Spida888 wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
I think Brooklyn says no. They turned down offers for Bridges with multiple firsts plus reportedly a prospect like Jalen Green.

Brooklyn won't take that Raps offer. They still owe picks to Houston, so they don't have incentive to tank yet.

They were dumb not to take the Houston offer if it included giving them back their picks and more.

Do they owe swap rights next year? I don't think they are allowed to trade consecutive picks right? So they must at least have a pick next year.

This would give them a top 6 pick this year, and allows them to properly tank next year. Then they probably start reaping the Phoenix picks to off set their own going out.

Yes, Houston has the option to swap picks with Brooklyn next year, and Houston gets their pick in 2026. So, tanking doesn't do them any good in the short term.

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Nets.htm
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#88 » by Thaddy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:17 am

Holland and Colliers ability to touch the paint against half court defenses is what we need. I don't see them being main pieces but they would be great support players for our core. The only way I see them being great supporting players is if their shots come around.

The main thing I like about these two is they are ready made defenders. Collier has a stocky build similar to Brunson that lets him take contact to the chest and move laterally. Likewise Holland has great steal numbers and they both have shown when they are locked in they can be lockdown defenders. I see that as the floor.

We do need shooting and especially from our big men positions. I like Filipowski if we're prioritizing that but the long term potential of Holland and Collier looks more enticing. The fit with non-shooters on our team like Barrett and Scottie is tough and doesn't project well but we need to gather more talented assets before we worry about fit.
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,141

Post#89 » by billy_hoyle » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:57 pm

Spida888 wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:
Spida888 wrote:Brooklyn won't take that Raps offer. They still owe picks to Houston, so they don't have incentive to tank yet.

Yes, Houston has the option to swap picks with Brooklyn next year, and Houston gets their pick in 2026. So, tanking doesn't do them any good in the short term.

Disgusting trade. Hurts to be Brooklyn...again.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,455

Post#90 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:07 pm

billy_hoyle wrote:
Spida888 wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:

Disgusting trade. Hurts to be Brooklyn...again.

They needed to move Bridges. Not sure why they're so intent on keeping him when he only has one more full guaranteed year on his contract and the team won't be good by then. Bridges is great but he isn't a superstar and getting their picks back and some prospects was a good offer, all things considered.

But Brooklyn is going to Brook.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,373

Post#91 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:25 pm

vanhill wrote:Kenneth lofton Jr seems to be a real deal.
He has both inside and outside game and is a decent rebounder, tough and battle with the opponent in the paint. He is also a above average passer and able to distribute the ball nicely. We should get him cheap now before some other team pick him up

This.

It’s baffling to me how this kid hasn’t secured a bench spot somewhere yet. Every time he gets PT, he dominates. I’d gladly replace Boucher or whatever random C we brought up from the G-League. This kid would help our bench light up the opposing ones. I’d legit give him a cheap multi year contract, he has to be one of the biggest steals in plain sight. Crazy no one has locked him up as a bench player yet.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,614

Post#92 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:53 pm

Some of my favorite FA targets:

1. Naji Marshall, 26 years old: My top target of the offseason. NO's has a lot of depth so his contribution has gone under the radar. Currently, he has shooting splits of 46/39/79. He's a solid defender with good size at 6'7 (7ft wingspan), and he plays tough. I think there's more potential to unlock if given a bigger role.

2. Derrick Jones Jr, 27 years old: He's really transformed himself into a reliable two way rotational player on a good team. Versatile defender with good size, who'd slot nicely on the wing.

3. Grayson Allen, 28 years old: The dude can score. He's posted a TS% above 60 with 3 different organizations. The bidding could get high, so we might get priced out.

4. Markelle Fultz, 25 years old: He's injury prone, he still really struggles with his shot, but the Raps really need some size and defensive ability in the backcourt. Unless the offense comes around, he's probably only a situational player, but he'd provide some much needed bench depth.

5. Dennis Smith Jr, 26 years old: He'd be a depth piece, but I like the energy and speed he provides, especially defensively.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,775

Post#93 » by ArthurVandelay » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:39 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Some of my favorite FA targets:

1. Naji Marshall, 26 years old: My top target of the offseason. NO's has a lot of depth so his contribution has gone under the radar. Currently, he has shooting splits of 46/39/79. He's a solid defender with good size at 6'7 (7ft wingspan), and he plays tough. I think there's more potential to unlock if given a bigger role.

2. Derrick Jones Jr, 27 years old: He's really transformed himself into a reliable two way rotational player on a good team. Versatile defender with good size, who'd slot nicely on the wing.

3. Grayson Allen, 28 years old: The dude can score. He's posted a TS% above 60 with 3 different organizations. The bidding could get high, so we might get priced out.

4. Markelle Fultz, 25 years old: He's injury prone, he still really struggles with his shot, but the Raps really need some size and defensive ability in the backcourt. Unless the offense comes around, he's probably only a situational player, but he'd provide some much needed bench depth.

5. Dennis Smith Jr, 26 years old: He'd be a depth piece, but I like the energy and speed he provides, especially defensively.

I hope anyone they bring in can shoot. That should be the #1 priority

Creates lots of spacing for the cuts and ball movement style of playing Darko is working towards
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,647

Post#94 » by Psubs » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:15 pm

Let Trent and Bruce Brown walk and pay Derozan to come home. Will he take a 2 year $60 million total, contract? Also give him a no-trade clause. :lol:

I believe that adding Derozan would bring the Raptors up to the main pack of #2-8 ranked teams in the East behind only Boston. Derozan is an efficient vet that is very consistent and an improved distributor since his Raptor days. I trust Derozan as a secondary ball-handler bringing the ball up instead of Bruce Brown or Trent.

PG IQ - Derozan - JFL
SG Derozan - ReedShepard - Dick
SF Barrett - Dick - Agbaji
PF Barnes - Barrett/Olynyk - Boucher
C Poeltl - Olynyk - Chomche?
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,739

Post#95 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:46 pm

I hope guys like Hield, Okoro (R), Patrick Williams (R), Isaiah Joe, Melton, Saric, Jalen Smith, Queta, and McDermott should be on our list. Our bench can be rebuilt in one offseason if we spend our money well.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#96 » by alpngso » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:22 am

so how much do Raps pay Quickley for extension? what's the ideal amount vs what he's gonna get?
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,647

Post#97 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:32 am

alpngso wrote:so how much do Raps pay Quickley for extension? what's the ideal amount vs what he's gonna get?

He wanted $25 million but the Knicks wanted $20 million. He's now earned the $25 million at least.

Offer him the 4 years $100 million with a player option 4th year.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#98 » by Dalek » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:07 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
vanhill wrote:Kenneth lofton Jr seems to be a real deal.

This.

It’s baffling to me how this kid hasn’t secured a bench spot somewhere yet. Every time he gets PT, he dominates. I’d gladly replace Boucher or whatever random C we brought up from the G-League. This kid would help our bench light up the opposing ones. I’d legit give him a cheap multi year contract, he has to be one of the biggest steals in plain sight. Crazy no one has locked him up as a bench player yet.

I am a huge fan of his but on this no defense, low three point shooting team he is a tough fit. I think him playing a role beside KO is a disaster on defense and just is not a starter here.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#99 » by Dalek » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:12 pm

Dzanan Musa on an NBA future: The contacts are there, but I am focused on the season with Real.

https://sportando.basketball/en/dzanan-musa-on-an-nba-future-the-contacts-are-there-but-i-am-focused-on-the-season-with-real/

By far my primary target for young Raps. Still pretty young, playing on Real and one of Europe's best players. Easily slots in as a big shooter with some toughness.

Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,797

Post#100 » by Lord_Zedd » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:24 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Some of my favorite FA targets:

Can scratch off Grayson Allen from that list. He re-upped with Phoenix 4yr $70 million

Really good deal for Phoenix since they can't do much being a 2nd apron team. Though I still think someone was going to vastly overpay him this summer

Return to Toronto Raptors