ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: F Us

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,891

Re: PG: F Us 

Post#61 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:39 pm

KL78192020 wrote:Memphis losing tonight, clutch L here.

That's all I care about. = Cody Williams or Stephon Castle. Pacers pick = needed magic. 31st is trade fodder.
Robinator
Senior
And1: 754

Post#62 » by Robinator » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:58 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:So are Quickley and Barrett still out indefinitely?

They will come back from personal reasons and push us back into 7th. Let's GO!

Maybe you're joking around but I actually think this is pretty likely?

Now that they've shown themselves, to me that's a signal that they're going to come back. In which case, I think we will win at least one more game

On the other hand, they've both had recent injuries before the personal reasons, so if the Raps are really committed maybe they could fall back on those and hold them out :lol:
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Post#63 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:03 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Shakril wrote:
A dose of reality for tanknation is needed. Losing this pick, is the best thing that can happen.

Pigs are flying because I agree with you here

We don't know how Masai views the draft as it stands currently. He may have agreed with the consensus last summer that the 2024 draft was a good draft to trade out of. He may have changed his mind. He may have fallen in love with a top prospect that will require we keep the pick.

We don't know. I have always been on Team Convey, but ... I don't know. And since the organization seems committed the tank right now - for whatever reason - I will support that. It's fun to have something to root for.

I keep my eye on the long term and conveying it now is good for the long term, allowing the team the flexibility to tank again next season if need be - instead of forcing the team to compete because we still need to convey the FRP to Spurs in 2025 (due to keeping it in 2024)
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#64 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:04 pm

Robinator wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Now that they've shown themselves, to me that's a signal that they're going to come back. In which case, I think we will win at least one more game

On the other hand, they've both had recent injuries before the personal reasons, so if the Raps are really committed maybe they could fall back on those and hold them out :lol:

Or we could go anti-Lebron and hold them out against weak teams and play them against strong teams. We still don't have Scottie or Jakob.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#65 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:04 pm

Robinator wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Serious. I'm officially off the tank for rest of this season.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,143

Post#66 » by Chandan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:55 pm

FO preaches about high character guys. Now we will looking at a player gambling scandal :lol:
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#67 » by 720 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:57 pm

HiJiNX wrote:
shmoosicle wrote:
720 wrote:We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

Honestly though why do people care, I haven't heard anyone that's excited for this draft but some fans here are mad we haven't been tanking all season to hopefully go up 1-2 spots.

Yeah I was watching the NCAA tournament the other day and there was this guy Reed Sheppard who was having a great game. The broadcasters were talking him up. But watching him, you could just tell he has NBA role player written all over him. I go over to some mock drafts and see this same dude being mocked as a top 5-10 guy in the draft and I immediately knew this draft was actually trash if a guy who woulda got picked 25-35 last year is being mocked top 5 in this draft. In that same game, I watched another guy who was mocked as a lottery pick, Rob Dillingham, struggle to create any sort of advantages on offence. Ultimately, these two lottery picks lost to a bunch of no named guys from a college that hadn’t won a game in the NCAA tournament since the 1990s. That’s the kind of draft this is.

The play was to start tanking in the Chet year or the Wemby year. But this franchise has been slow to react to things post championship. At least they’re finally rebuilding. Even if the situation isn’t perfect.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,059

Post#68 » by ItsDanger » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:04 pm

Chandan wrote:FO preaches about high character guys. Now we will looking at a player gambling scandal :lol:

People can say whatever they want about who's to blame but regardless, it is a terrible look for the franchise AND MLSE.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#69 » by ATLTimekeeper » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:11 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
Chandan wrote:FO preaches about high character guys. Now we will looking at a player gambling scandal :lol:

People can say whatever they want about who's to blame but regardless, it is a terrible look for the franchise AND MLSE.

What kind of background research would you have done to find out that Jontay was a risk to bet on games?
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,059

Post#70 » by ItsDanger » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:15 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:

What kind of background research would you have done to find out that Jontay was a risk to bet on games?

It's bad for the image even if no one is at fault. It's always like that.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#71 » by Scase » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:34 pm

Chandan wrote:
720 wrote:
BillNyeBballGuy wrote:The league is full of professional tankers man. We have lost 11 games in a row and STILL have the 6th worst record. With only 10 games left there is zero chance that Portland can string together 4+ wins to move us into 5th.

We're basically a lock for 6th place at this point. I think Memphis wins 1-2 of their next 10 and we either lose them all or get lucky one game.

We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

team has operated on half measures since 2019.

well, it's more accurate to say the only exception to the team's history is 2019.

I would say the build up to 2019 wasn't half measures, at least once we started making moves for Ibaka/gasol. The previous few years before that I would say were reasonable, but evaluating for probably too long. Hard to complain too much about 50 win teams, outside of things like Casey being the coach still lol.

But ever since the chip, yeah it has been half measure after half measure. Had it not been for the pandemic, I shudder to think the state of the team in present day. We lucked into Scottie from multiple perspectives, and had we gone along for another 45ish win season, sweet jesus this team would be a mess. Likely still have Siakam/FVV as well.
Props TZ!
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#72 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:05 pm

720 wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:
shmoosicle wrote:Honestly though why do people care, I haven't heard anyone that's excited for this draft but some fans here are mad we haven't been tanking all season to hopefully go up 1-2 spots.

Yeah I was watching the NCAA tournament the other day and there was this guy Reed Sheppard who was having a great game. The broadcasters were talking him up. But watching him, you could just tell he has NBA role player written all over him. I go over to some mock drafts and see this same dude being mocked as a top 5-10 guy in the draft and I immediately knew this draft was actually trash if a guy who woulda got picked 25-35 last year is being mocked top 5 in this draft. In that same game, I watched another guy who was mocked as a lottery pick, Rob Dillingham, struggle to create any sort of advantages on offence. Ultimately, these two lottery picks lost to a bunch of no named guys from a college that hadn’t won a game in the NCAA tournament since the 1990s. That’s the kind of draft this is.

The play was to start tanking in the Chet year or the Wemby year. But this franchise has been slow to react to things post championship. At least they’re finally rebuilding. Even if the situation isn’t perfect.

FVV making all-star and beating up on covid-decimated teams in SB's rookie season turned this franchise back 5 years
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,680

Post#73 » by ConSarnit » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:24 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Shakril wrote:
TheAlchemist23 wrote:It'd be hilarious if we lose our pick because of freaking Jakob Poeltl

A dose of reality for tanknation is needed. Losing this pick, is the best thing that can happen.

How is this a dose of reality for tank nation? Tank nation was the one arguing that the Poeltl trade was a mistake from the get go and now it might cost us a top 10 pick. All for a “win-now” center who at the current pace is going to help us miss the playoffs 3 years in a row (yes, I’m including next year).

The Poeltl trade is the prime argument against win now moves for rotation players when you haven’t even gotten the core figured out.

It absolutely mind boggling people are still defending the Poeltl trade in both process and especially result (which is about the worst it could have possibly gone).
Chandan
RealGM

Post#74 » by Chandan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:25 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:

what kind of background research would anyone have done to find out if someone is of "high character"? The absence of wrong doing? It's all PR bull.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#75 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:26 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Shakril wrote:

How is this a dose of reality for tank nation? Tank nation was the one arguing that the Poeltl trade was a mistake from the get go and now it might cost us a top 10 pick. All for a “win-now” center who at the current pace is going to help us miss the playoffs 3 years in a row (yes, I’m including next year).

The Poeltl trade is the prime argument against win now moves for rotation players when you haven’t even gotten the core figured out.

It absolutely mind boggling people are still defending the Poeltl trade in both process and especially result (which is about the worst it could have possibly gone).

I just mean, given today's circumstances, conveying 2024 pick is better than keeping it
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#76 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:26 pm

Chandan wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:People can say whatever they want about who's to blame but regardless, it is a terrible look for the franchise AND MLSE.

what kind of background research would anyone have done to find out if someone is of "high character"? The absence of wrong doing? It's all PR bull.

Masai is all PR bull sht
Chandan
RealGM

Post#77 » by Chandan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:27 pm

Scase wrote:
Chandan wrote:
720 wrote:We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

team has operated on half measures since 2019.

well, it's more accurate to say the only exception to the team's history is 2019.

I would say the build up to 2019 wasn't half measures, at least once we started making moves for Ibaka/gasol. The previous few years before that I would say were reasonable, but evaluating for probably too long. Hard to complain too much about 50 win teams, outside of things like Casey being the coach still lol.

But ever since the chip, yeah it has been half measure after half measure. Had it not been for the pandemic, I shudder to think the state of the team in present day. We lucked into Scottie from multiple perspectives, and had we gone along for another 45ish win season, sweet jesus this team would be a mess. Likely still have Siakam/FVV as well.

I will never forget that a few meaningless win bumped us from a chance of drafting Steph Curry but instead we got Derozan instead.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,680

Post#78 » by ConSarnit » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:30 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

I just mean, given today's circumstances, conveying 2024 pick is better than keeping it

I would agree with that position but that’s because I am not high on this teams ceiling next year and it’s better to give up 7 this year than to have to give up 9 (and a small chance to move into the top 4) next year in a better draft. To those still claiming the Poeltl move was good, well, they’ve lost the plot.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,167

Post#79 » by HiJiNX » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:02 pm

720 wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:
shmoosicle wrote:Honestly though why do people care, I haven't heard anyone that's excited for this draft but some fans here are mad we haven't been tanking all season to hopefully go up 1-2 spots.

Definitely shoulda tanked for Wemby.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,858

Post#80 » by Duffman100 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:08 pm

I hope y'all realize you're insufferable. :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors