ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: F Us

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,137

Re: PG: F Us 

Post#21 » by positivetension » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:03 am

This season is cursed. Team is definitely giving up the pick.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,993

Post#22 » by Coco Costanza » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:05 am

shmoosicle wrote:Well we lost again.

Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#23 » by 720 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:07 am

BillNyeBballGuy wrote:
720 wrote:
BillNyeBballGuy wrote:The league is full of professional tankers man. We have lost 11 games in a row and STILL have the 6th worst record. With only 10 games left there is zero chance that Portland can string together 4+ wins to move us into 5th.

We're basically a lock for 6th place at this point. I think Memphis wins 1-2 of their next 10 and we either lose them all or get lucky one game.

We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

I don't think we could ever be anywhere near as bad as the top tanking teams without 3 of our most important players being out of the lineup.

Yeah, but the blazers would have been possible imo
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,790

Post#24 » by Michael Jordan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:10 am

Imagine screwing up so bad that you miss the play-in while forfeiting your first round pick with top 6 odds.

Masai and Bobby just riding out their championship parade until they're ran out of the city xD
kanahda ballz
Junior
And1: 248

Post#25 » by kanahda ballz » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 am

Disgraceful of the front office to put out this sub expansion team level lineup, while two healthy starters are sitting on the bench.

Are Messi and Bobby truly willing to risk finishing out the season on a 21 game losing streak in order to have a 54 percent chance at getting the 6th pick in a draft full of role players?

I would like to see the FO have some pride and install Barrett and Quickly into the starting lineup for Wednesdays game against the Knicks. And maintain them in the lineup for the rest of the season and win some games.
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,685

Post#26 » by shmoosicle » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:31 am

720 wrote:
BillNyeBballGuy wrote:The league is full of professional tankers man. We have lost 11 games in a row and STILL have the 6th worst record. With only 10 games left there is zero chance that Portland can string together 4+ wins to move us into 5th.

We're basically a lock for 6th place at this point. I think Memphis wins 1-2 of their next 10 and we either lose them all or get lucky one game.

We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

Honestly though why do people care, I haven't heard anyone that's excited for this draft but some fans here are mad we haven't been tanking all season to hopefully go up 1-2 spots.
"I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good - I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala" - Skee-Lo
kieferli
Analyst
And1: 4,080

Post#27 » by kieferli » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:43 am

kanahda ballz wrote:Disgraceful of the front office to put out this sub expansion team level lineup, while two healthy starters are sitting on the bench.

Are Messi and Bobby truly willing to risk finishing out the season on a 21 game losing streak in order to have a 54 percent chance at getting the 6th pick in a draft full of role players?

I would like to see the FO have some pride and install Barrett and Quickly into the starting lineup for Wednesdays game against the Knicks. And maintain them in the lineup for the rest of the season and win some games.

Lol more fans going to mad if we end up win one game more than Memphis :lol: eventhough stay at 6 not mean we for sure can keep the 6 but it is still better than 7 lol
Credit:Clutch0z24
links135
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,335

Post#28 » by links135 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:45 am

kieferli wrote:
kanahda ballz wrote:Disgraceful of the front office to put out this sub expansion team level lineup, while two healthy starters are sitting on the bench.

Lol more fans going to mad if we end up win one game more than Memphis :lol: eventhough stay at 6 not mean we for sure can keep the 6 but it is still better than 7 lol

Nah we finish 6th but lottery bumps us to 7th
kieferli
Analyst
And1: 4,080

Post#29 » by kieferli » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:46 am

links135 wrote:
kieferli wrote:

Well if that case just no luck, at least we try :lol:
Credit:Clutch0z24
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 938

Post#30 » by rapluva » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:47 am

The only thing that ticks me off is that..we didn't get a nice young talent for Pascal..One player that could come off the bench..that's all we needed.. other that.. I hope we get that top 6 pick and we should then think of trading the other picks for some decent bench help..

IQ
Trent..if we bring him back
RJB
Scottie
Poetel

Dick
Olynyk
Nwora
Agbaji
Freeman Liberty ..3rd stringer pg

With that lineup above.. you have to add the FRP. Maybe a second round pick.. we may end up trading that other first rounder. ..then we get rid of Bruce Brown..maybe Trent is gone too.. we need a decent backup point guard..a vet would help..need another shooter if Trent is gone..either via trade or sign a free agent..we also need to get rid of Jalen McDaniels..another project that didn't work out..

We have too many spots now for the bench.. enough of these projects that we never keep long term....
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,143

Post#31 » by Chandan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 am

I am fearful that we might extend Trent.
I can see how this plays out: We hate him when he's playing for us, then after he leaves we are going to miss his shooting for a while, then we find other solid SG down the line and we think wow he's way better than GTJ

I've already endured enough of his back breaking momentum ending plays I just want it to be over with.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,268

Post#32 » by mrdressup » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:31 am

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:I just realized, we're fixing games too.

We'll be investigated too. SA is probably seething right now watching what we're doing. It looks bad for the NBA who wants to align itself with the sports betting "industry". Not much class left in this franchise. We've sunk to the level of a video gambler. They'll raise ticket prices and your communications packages as a cherry on top. Score one for the asset managers.
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#33 » by Senbonzakura » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:33 am

Those of you getting mad about us losing I worry for your critical thinking skills.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by mrdressup » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:37 am

rapluva wrote:The only thing that ticks me off is that..we didn't get a nice young talent for Pascal..One player that could come off the bench..that's all we needed.. other that.. I hope we get that top 6 pick and we should then think of trading the other picks for some decent bench help..

IQ
Trent..if we bring him back
RJB
Scottie
Poetel

Dick
Olynyk
Nwora
Agbaji
Freeman Liberty ..3rd stringer pg

With that lineup above.. you have to add the FRP. Maybe a second round pick.. we may end up trading that other first rounder. ..then we get rid of Bruce Brown..maybe Trent is gone too.. we need a decent backup point guard..a vet would help..need another shooter if Trent is gone..either via trade or sign a free agent..we also need to get rid of Jalen McDaniels..another project that didn't work out..

We have too many spots now for the bench.. enough of these projects that we never keep long term....

Give it 2 more years. The best way forward is another 20 win season next year. We have to be real. Even with a core including PS and OG this wasn't more than a 35 win team with the depth we had. Nothing really turns around for us until we get a star PG who is a true alpha.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#35 » by And1Skip » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:39 am

shmoosicle wrote:
720 wrote:

Honestly though why do people care, I haven't heard anyone that's excited for this draft but some fans here are mad we haven't been tanking all season to hopefully go up 1-2 spots.

At 6th spot, you can't go up 1 spot. Its 9-10% chance for #1, #2, #3, or #4 each, then 9% chance to stay at #6. Otherwise, 54% chance we are conveying the pick.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by mrdressup » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:43 am

links135 wrote:
kieferli wrote:

If it does it does. You still have to go with the best EV play. We can play some starters against teams we have no chance of beating and help show we aren't tanking most of the time. The majority of the losses we are taking are true losses. There's been 3 games in the last 11 where we helped ourselves to losses against the right opponents.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#37 » by Indeed » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:46 am

720 wrote:

We started too early. You think next year our record would be reaching the .500 with everyone healthy?
mrdressup
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by mrdressup » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:09 am

And1Skip wrote:
shmoosicle wrote:
720 wrote:We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

At 6th spot, you can't go up 1 spot. Its 9-10% chance for #1, #2, #3, or #4 each, then 9% chance to stay at #6. Otherwise, 54% chance we are conveying the pick.

Almost no chance we pick 9th. 1/5 odds we pick 8th, so a real solid bet we don't. We have less than a 1/3 chance to pick 7th. That's over 67% odds we don't. There's 1/11 chance we get the 6th. No chance we get the 5th. Then we are for sure top 4. That 54 percent gets shaved down every time we dodge a less likely bullet. It's that 7th ball where the bounce will seal our fate. At that point we will be more likely to be top 4 than anything else.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,166

Post#39 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:18 am

mrdressup wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
shmoosicle wrote:Honestly though why do people care, I haven't heard anyone that's excited for this draft but some fans here are mad we haven't been tanking all season to hopefully go up 1-2 spots.

Almost no chance we pick 9th. 1/5 odds we pick 8th, so a real solid bet we don't. We have less than a 1/3 chance to pick 7th. That's over 67% odds we don't. There's 1/11 chance we get the 6th. No chance we get the 5th. Then we are for sure top 4. That 54 percent gets shaved down every time we dodge a less likely bullet. It's that 7th ball where the bounce will seal our fate. At that point we will be more likely to be top 4 than anything else.

What in the mental gymnastics is this post :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Post#40 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:09 am

BillNyeBballGuy wrote:Just thought about this....Good chance we go on a franchise long losing streak and lose 21 games in a row to close the season. If we don't get lucky in the lottery and lose the pick that would be devestating for the fans. I hope they strongly consider firing Masai and Bobby if that scenario plays out

shhhh... that's the hidden goal for us team compete 2023/2024

Return to Toronto Raptors