ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: F Us

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Re: PG: F Us 

Post#41 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:11 am

Dennis 37 wrote:So are Quickley and Barrett still out indefinitely?

They will come back from personal reasons and push us back into 7th. Let's GO!
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#42 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:13 am

Steven1562 wrote:With the way the lineups look... we may be going for a new franchise record for losses in a row. Losing our pick would be the cherry on top of this terrible season. Thank you Masai.

SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#43 » by SharoneWright » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:03 am

Jontay also scored 0 tonight too…
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#44 » by deeps6x » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:46 am

Hopefully we don't see them or Barnes until next season.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#45 » by ArthurVandelay » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:19 am

deeps6x wrote:

They'll be back when there is a 2 game spread with Memphis.

As soon as it goes back to one, they'll be out again.

Although with the way Memphis is playing, that may not happen.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,167

Post#46 » by HiJiNX » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:25 am

shmoosicle wrote:
720 wrote:
BillNyeBballGuy wrote:The league is full of professional tankers man. We have lost 11 games in a row and STILL have the 6th worst record. With only 10 games left there is zero chance that Portland can string together 4+ wins to move us into 5th.

We're basically a lock for 6th place at this point. I think Memphis wins 1-2 of their next 10 and we either lose them all or get lucky one game.

We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

Honestly though why do people care, I haven't heard anyone that's excited for this draft but some fans here are mad we haven't been tanking all season to hopefully go up 1-2 spots.

Yeah I was watching the NCAA tournament the other day and there was this guy Reed Sheppard who was having a great game. The broadcasters were talking him up. But watching him, you could just tell he has NBA role player written all over him. I go over to some mock drafts and see this same dude being mocked as a top 5-10 guy in the draft and I immediately knew this draft was actually trash if a guy who woulda got picked 25-35 last year is being mocked top 5 in this draft. In that same game, I watched another guy who was mocked as a lottery pick, Rob Dillingham, struggle to create any sort of advantages on offence. Ultimately, these two lottery picks lost to a bunch of no named guys from a college that hadn’t won a game in the NCAA tournament since the 1990s. That’s the kind of draft this is.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,167

Post#47 » by HiJiNX » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:29 am

As for the Raptors, it’s quite clear that they’re playing their G-League guys and 10-day call ups to see if there are any diamonds in the rough, and we might have found one in Kobi Simmons. Beyond that, if we’re really paying attention, it looks like Darko’s offence is doing what it’s supposed to do in generating good looks and will look better once actual NBA level players, including guys who can start in this league, are operating the system.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
TheAlchemist23
Rookie
And1: 1,530

Post#48 » by TheAlchemist23 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:30 am

It'd be hilarious if we lose our pick because of freaking Jakob Poeltl
Shakril
Starter
And1: 1,328

Post#49 » by Shakril » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:36 am

TheAlchemist23 wrote:It'd be hilarious if we lose our pick because of freaking Jakob Poeltl

A dose of reality for tanknation is needed. Losing this pick, is the best thing that can happen.
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,685

Post#50 » by shmoosicle » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:10 pm

And1Skip wrote:
shmoosicle wrote:
720 wrote:We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

Honestly though why do people care, I haven't heard anyone that's excited for this draft but some fans here are mad we haven't been tanking all season to hopefully go up 1-2 spots.

At 6th spot, you can't go up 1 spot. Its 9-10% chance for #1, #2, #3, or #4 each, then 9% chance to stay at #6. Otherwise, 54% chance we are conveying the pick.

No I understand that, I mean the people who thought we should tank all season so we could have the 4th or 5th worst record right now instead of 6th.
"I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good - I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala" - Skee-Lo
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,559

Post#51 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:46 pm

Wish we entered the season tanking. It’s realistic we finish the season with only 1-2 more wins. We have to lose the Wiz game to help our Pistons pick.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,451

Post#52 » by mtcan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:57 pm

deeps6x wrote:

RJ and Quick were on the bench last night. They definitely in on the tank.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,268

Post#53 » by mrdressup » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:57 pm

We'll be fine. I ran the draft simulator 30 times. We got first overall pick twice in the first two spins and 6 times in the 30. About half the time we ended up 7th or worse and conveying. We really can't lose now. We just have to beat that 7th ping pong ball to get our next Bargnani. We stand to be the anti-Spurs and claim first pick in the really bad historical drafts. lol Point is you could could beat the odds here and not have it matter than much. The safest play is probably to convey, because we're right back in this scenario next year.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,451

Post#54 » by mtcan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:07 pm

mrdressup wrote:We'll be fine. I ran the draft simulator 30 times. We got first overall pick twice in the first two spins and 6 times in the 30. About half the time we ended up 7th or worse and conveying. We really can't lose now. We just have to beat that 7th ping pong ball to get our next Bargnani. We stand to be the anti-Spurs and claim first pick in the really bad historical drafts. lol Point is you could could beat the odds here and not have it matter than much. The safest play is probably to convey, because we're right back in this scenario next year.

And for a weak draft...it still produced Lamarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay in the top 8 and then JJ Redick, Rajon Rondo, Kyle Lowry, Paul Milsap and the prize of the Andrea Bargnani trade...the great Steve Novak.

Let's hope we end up with guys of that caliber.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#55 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:46 pm

Shakril wrote:
TheAlchemist23 wrote:It'd be hilarious if we lose our pick because of freaking Jakob Poeltl

A dose of reality for tanknation is needed. Losing this pick, is the best thing that can happen.

Pigs are flying because I agree with you here
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,728

Post#56 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:49 pm

First you think, hey it's just the season. It can't get worse.

Then you hear "take the under" and you're like..."oh yeah", that's how.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#57 » by islandboy53 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:08 pm

Chandan wrote:
720 wrote:
BillNyeBballGuy wrote:The league is full of professional tankers man. We have lost 11 games in a row and STILL have the 6th worst record. With only 10 games left there is zero chance that Portland can string together 4+ wins to move us into 5th.

We're basically a lock for 6th place at this point. I think Memphis wins 1-2 of their next 10 and we either lose them all or get lucky one game.

We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

team has operated on half measures since 2019.

well, it's more accurate to say the only exception to the team's history is 2019.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you just start watching in 2019?
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#58 » by DelAbbot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:33 pm

HiJiNX wrote:
shmoosicle wrote:
720 wrote:We started too late. We could been up there with the worst of em had we tanked a tad bit earlier.

Yeah I was watching the NCAA tournament the other day and there was this guy Reed Sheppard who was having a great game. The broadcasters were talking him up. But watching him, you could just tell he has NBA role player written all over him. I go over to some mock drafts and see this same dude being mocked as a top 5-10 guy in the draft and I immediately knew this draft was actually trash if a guy who woulda got picked 25-35 last year is being mocked top 5 in this draft. In that same game, I watched another guy who was mocked as a lottery pick, Rob Dillingham, struggle to create any sort of advantages on offence. Ultimately, these two lottery picks lost to a bunch of no named guys from a college that hadn’t won a game in the NCAA tournament since the 1990s. That’s the kind of draft this is.

While my goal is to convey this year's pick, I must point out that players like Kawhi or Jimmy Butler looked like role players when they were drafted.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,858

Post#59 » by Duffman100 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:45 pm

Chandan wrote:
720 wrote:

team has operated on half measures since 2019.

well, it's more accurate to say the only exception to the team's history is 2019.

Except, you know, when we won 48+ games for 7 straight years and were in the top 3 for playoffs wins during that time.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#60 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:24 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Shakril wrote:

Pigs are flying because I agree with you here

We don't know how Masai views the draft as it stands currently. He may have agreed with the consensus last summer that the 2024 draft was a good draft to trade out of. He may have changed his mind. He may have fallen in love with a top prospect that will require we keep the pick.

We don't know. I have always been on Team Convey, but ... I don't know. And since the organization seems committed the tank right now - for whatever reason - I will support that. It's fun to have something to root for.

Return to Toronto Raptors