ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Wrecked

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,730

Re: PG: Wrecked 

Post#141 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:We had no incentives after the 48W season. Yet, here we are.

We had no incentive ton win after the 48 win season with the surprise rookie of the year?

Arrow pointed up, then cratered down...down, down. Here we are.

It was failure to launch.
TheGeneral99
Starter
And1: 2,772

Post#142 » by TheGeneral99 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

rarefind wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
rarefind wrote:
They drafted some tall French kid last year. You may have heard of him... Them having two more lottery picks the year after certainly won't help them though, right?

Also, we can keep rationalizing the trade by looking at the projected draft strength but it doesn't take away from how shortsighted the deal was.

The point being the #7 pick in this draft isn't 'short routing them to a dynasty". That dynasty is Wemby and all Wemby.

We disagree.

Some special things have to happen for a dynasty to take shape. Wemby is a no brainer, duh. Getting a lottery pick for Jakob Poeltl could very well be another. The Spurs will have a very nice pool of young players to build with or make a significant trade with. That can be said whether our pick conveys or not.

A lot of luck needs to come.

Remember that the Spurs only had 14% odds at getting the #1 pick last year...the tank could've been for nothing and they could have ended with Scoot or someone else instead. Wemby is obviously a generational talent.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Post#143 » by DelAbbot » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:MDS

Masai Derangement Syndrome

couldn't bring yourself to respond to actually being wrong about the Tampa season eh?

tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#144 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

mieshpal wrote:I hope they get the pick cause they could even trade it

Yep. Maybe the Nets learned their lesson from rejecting the Rockets offer for Mikal.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,891

Post#145 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:MDS

Masai Derangement Syndrome

couldn't bring yourself to respond to actually being wrong about the Tampa season eh?

So many people that want to dump on the FO. For perspective cause and effect are necessary filters.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#146 » by pingpongrac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

ill-Will03 wrote:I get we’re missing our starters and playing mostly g leaguers, but there’s a way to lose in this league. And getting stomped by 44 on your home court is just unacceptable no matter which way you slice it. There is no excuse for not competing, that doesn’t take talent or skill. If some of you are okay with losses like this than idk what to tell you.

I don't think many people are okay with losses like last night, but it is understandable given the circumstances. New York has been hot lately (8-3 in March prior to last night) and it was always going to be tough for us to remain competitive without 4 of our best players. The team we trotted out last night – and the list of available players at our disposal for the better part of March – is completely different from the team we had 3 months (or even weeks) ago while it is also more than likely completely different from what our team will look like next season. Gradey, Agbaji and Olynyk are the only sure bets to be in the rotation next season while GTJ and Brown are 50/50 when it comes to if they'll be back in Toronto or playing elsewhere. Everyone else is pretty much fighting for their careers.

I'd obviously prefer if Scottie / IQ / RJ were all available and we'd win some games here and there, but this losing streak doesn't bother me at all. I'm still finding joy in watching Gradey and Agbaji (hopefully his injury isn't too serious) with more playing time and some of the G-League / two-way players have had decent showings. Maybe we'll get some lottery luck, but I'm not too pressed either way if it conveys this year or not.
RAPSinCAPS
Sophomore
And1: 165

Post#147 » by RAPSinCAPS » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

Let's not come down on our guys too much because they went up against the league's best defense vs arguably the worst.

This breakdown is very telling of what we went up against, mind you this guy is very critical of all coaches

We sped up the game to counter their half court defense but all that did was gave them more possessions to score. That's why they got 145 but at least we got our 100 :lol:
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,308

Post#148 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Potential wrote:At least the blow jays season starts tomorrow. Can't wait to watch our players underperform once again and get no hit once a month and struggle to score 1 run every other day while leaving 27 men on base grounding into a record setting 8.28 double plays per game led by VlaDPy and that slow fatass Kirk. With fragile ass Springer swininging and missing and falling to the ground then he's out for half the year. Only Bo knows. And our precious pitchers.

Man, sadly I feel the same way about the Jays season. When you have Varsho batting 5th after the season he had last year, you know you're in trouble lol.
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#149 » by 720 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Gradey is balling and the team is losing. Can’t get any better than that tbh.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#150 » by DelAbbot » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Potential wrote:At least the blow jays season starts tomorrow. Can't wait to watch our players underperform once again and get no hit once a month and struggle to score 1 run every other day while leaving 27 men on base grounding into a record setting 8.28 double plays per game led by VlaDPy and that slow fatass Kirk. With fragile ass Springer swininging and missing and falling to the ground then he's out for half the year. Only Bo knows. And our precious pitchers.

Man, sadly I feel the same way about the Jays season. When you have Varsho batting 5th after the season he had last year, you know you're in trouble lol.

Jays about to have Raptors 2022/2023 season
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,563

Post#151 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

Breaking news: we are not tanking. We were 7th worst with a fully healthy team including OG and Pascal. Quit the mental gymnastics. We tanked in Tampa when we were just 2 games back of the playoffs.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#152 » by DelAbbot » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

720 wrote:Gradey is balling and the team is losing. Can’t get any better than that tbh.

Just 1 prospect? Talk about lowered expectations
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,638

Post#153 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:Breaking news: we are not tanking. We were 7th worst with a fully healthy team including OG and Pascal. Quit the mental gymnastics. We tanked in Tampa when we were just 2 games back of the playoffs.

We are currently tanking.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#154 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:

Varsho at 5th is like Ochai starting. We'll see if Turner is more like OPJ ... or Gary Temple.
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,170

Post#155 » by TorontoBarneys » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

I'm not going to admit we are tanking until I see a literal tank on MLSE premises.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#156 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:Breaking news: we are not tanking. We were 7th worst with a fully healthy team including OG and Pascal. Quit the mental gymnastics. We tanked in Tampa when we were just 2 games back of the playoffs.

Tanking has led us to move down 1 position from being the 7th worst team to the 6th worst team (for now). It's more like we just suck and chose to suck slightly more lol.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#157 » by DelAbbot » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Varsho at 5th is like Ochai starting.

More like Nwora starting
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#158 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

It would be like Ochai starting when you're supposed to have championship aspirations lol
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,487

Post#159 » by Brinbe » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

Tanking has led us to move down 1 position from being the 7th worst team to the 6th worst team (for now). It's more like we just suck and chose to suck slightly more lol.

We've clearly been tanking since Scottie's injury. They were more than prepared to make a run to the play-in post ASG if they played well enough to get there, but they pivoted once injuries hit. Doesn't really mean much either way at this point, which is why I'm confused by why ppl are complaining so much right now.

Just whining to whine after every single game given the current context of the team is just mind-numbing to read through.
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#160 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

More like Nwora starting

I was talking bad offence and elite defence.

Return to Toronto Raptors