ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Other Toronto Sports teams

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,830

Re: OT: Other Toronto Sports teams 

Post#141 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:50 am

Tough loss. I don't watch hockey more than a few minutes at a time but man I hate Marchand. Wish someone would rack him up hard.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,168

Post#142 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 pm

Jays have now lost 5 straight and the offense continues to struggle. One of the worst in the AL. Who could have possibly seen this coming? Oh that's right, literally everyone.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,175

Post#143 » by gp2015 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 am

The state of Toronto sports teams is in shambles right now.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,065

Post#144 » by ontnut » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:13 am

5 years ago we had 3 of the brightest futures in pro sports. Now, it has almost completely reversed lol.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,681

Post#145 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 am

ontnut wrote:5 years ago we had 3 of the brightest futures in pro sports. Now, it has almost completely reversed lol.

At least we won a ring... leafs have won 1 playoff series in 20 years while the Jays haven't won a playoff game under the Shatkins era (2016 counts as AA's team).
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,344

Post#146 » by JB7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:35 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
ontnut wrote:5 years ago we had 3 of the brightest futures in pro sports. Now, it has almost completely reversed lol.

At least we won a ring... leafs have won 1 playoff series in 20 years while the Jays haven't won a playoff game under the Shatkins era (2016 counts as AA's team).

Yet another dumb decision from Rogers, letting AA go.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,681

Post#147 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:06 am

JB7 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Yet another dumb decision from Rogers, letting AA go.

AA has gone onto building a masterpiece in Atlanta that has already won a World Series and has been true contenders year in, year out while encountering massive injuries.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#148 » by C_Money » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 am

Bring back Tim Lieweke even for just a year.
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,417

Post#149 » by And1+2 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:53 am

WaltFrazier wrote:Tough loss. I don't watch hockey more than a few minutes at a time but man I hate Marchand. Wish someone would rack him up hard.

He's my favorite player. Understands the game on levels someone like Matthews could only dream of.

He's a great leader, extremely tough, big heart, very high hockey IQ, high skillset, knows how to get under the skin of other players (and opposing teams fans).

Reminds me of a certain NBA player who may just be called the GROAT.

If Marchand was a Leaf, everyone would sing his praises. Toronto would LOVE him.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,884

Post#150 » by Quattro » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:17 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:Jays have now lost 5 straight and the offense continues to struggle. One of the worst in the AL. Who could have possibly seen this coming? Oh that's right, literally everyone.

Well, except Shatkins. They're way smarter than we are though because analytics so I'm sure everything will be fine
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 6,006

Post#151 » by Coco Costanza » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:18 pm

I'm not a hockey fan, but it seems like character is as much a factor in a good team as skill. You need to be tough. When I think of the best Leafs teams, they had a toughness to them, despite not being able to make it to the Stanley Cup finals. I think of the Vegas Golden Knights, who despite being a young franchise, managed to make it to the finals in their first season, and eventually win the cup a few years later. The fact that this Leafs team look poised to be another first round loss suggests this team simply doesn't have it, and never will. They just don't have heart.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,636

Post#152 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Quattro wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:Jays have now lost 5 straight and the offense continues to struggle. One of the worst in the AL. Who could have possibly seen this coming? Oh that's right, literally everyone.

Well, except Shatkins. They're way smarter than we are though because analytics so I'm sure everything will be fine

This is what happens when you have idiots attempt to use analytics to build a team. You need to understand what the numbers are telling you. Dumb and Dumber lack that ability. I wish they had the ability to "eyeball" talent, but they lack that, too. They're literally not good at any facet of managing a baseball team.

- Complete misunderstanding of analytics
- Inability to identify and develop young talent
- Inability to negotiate team-friendly contracts with players

Their only saving grace has been a few decent trades and free agent signings.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,606

Post#153 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Quattro wrote:

This is what happens when you have idiots attempt to use analytics to build a team. You need to understand what the numbers are telling you. Dumb and Dumber lack that ability. I wish they had the ability to "eyeball" talent, but they lack that, too. They're literally not good at any facet of managing a baseball team.

Unfortunately I think same criticism can be made about Raptors FO. They thought they were smarter than the rest of the league but didn’t win a trade or free agent signing for several years until they finally gave up and hit the reset button with the OG/Siakam trades. We went 2 years without a C, 2 years without a backup PG, no shooters, etc.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,884

Post#154 » by Quattro » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Quattro wrote:

Unfortunately I think same criticism can be made about Raptors FO. They thought they were smarter than the rest of the league but didn’t win a trade or free agent signing for several years until they finally gave up and hit the reset button with the OG/Siakam trades. We went 2 years without a C, 2 years without a backup PG, no shooters, etc.

Comparing Ujiri/Webster to the two idiots running that baseball team is insane.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 453

Post#155 » by 6ixpessant » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:10 pm

The Jays need a massive shake up... It's pretty obvious that Vlad ain't his Dad.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,636

Post#156 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:34 pm

6ixpessant wrote:The Jays need a massive shake up... It's pretty obvious that Vlad ain't his Dad.

The shakeup is needed in the FO. This FO has managed to develop one single **** noteworthy player (Bo) in 9 years. Like, you need to try to be that bad at developing players in MLB. There are so many opportunities for teams to just fall ass-backwards into a decent young core. Look at the Orioles who started their rebuild the same year we did (2017). They're a juggernaut now, propped up by elite young talent. Meanwhile, we have an aging team (because we built our team through free agency) that has yet to win a playoff game.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,958

Post#157 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:20 pm

I said several years ago that Marner = DeRozan.

Highlight reel machine, fan favorite, big time regular season performer... but folds under the bright lights.

He should've been traded last summer.

Dubas screwed us over by handing him that NMC because I don't see him waiving it either.

The only 3 guys that are worth keeping around: Papi, Willy, and Knies.

Screw the rest.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,958

Post#158 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 pm

6ixpessant wrote:The Jays need a massive shake up... It's pretty obvious that Vlad ain't his Dad.

Vlad is fine.

Shatkins is the problem.

They're only good at identifying pitching talent. Was the same story when they ran the Indians.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,175

Post#159 » by gp2015 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:15 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:

Vlad is fine.

Shatkins is the problem.

They're only good at identifying pitching talent. Was the same story when they ran the Indians.

Not really. Vlad is part of the problem. He had a massive year and he's gotten progressively worse every season since then. He has been terrible so far this season.

Vlad will want a huge contract extension and he hasn't earned it.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,779

Post#160 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 am

VANCOUVER CANUCKS WIN! VANCOUVER CANUCKS WIN! WOOHOO! HOORAY! :P! :)!: D! 11

Return to Toronto Raptors