ImageImageImageImageImage

Christian Koloko Update

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Re: Christian Koloko Update 

Post#101 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:38 am

Childs wrote:I got 3 pages of Koloko and 2 pages of people with no life experience.

Duffman the mod is taking part in the off topic financial discussion. Maybe he should change the thread title or separate this stuff out from the Koloko posts
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
dublo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 440

Post#102 » by dublo7 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:04 am

? what update...?
Free advice is seldom cheap. ROA#59
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,052

Post#103 » by Drakeem » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:50 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:But how do you save money at 18 for 8 years until you're 28?
It's something I had to do as my parents weren't well off and I had dreams of owning property in the city. Just gotta learn to say no sometimes, to other people, as well as yourself. Not saying you need to become an absolute hermit, but sometimes you gotta turn down that vacation, or that night out, or that new device or game or piece of clothing. TBF COVID helped me save up for the down payment on a condo here, but it was a lot of night being jealous as well.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,060

Post#104 » by Indeed » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:43 pm

Drakeem wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:But how do you save money at 18 for 8 years until you're 28?
It's something I had to do as my parents weren't well off and I had dreams of owning property in the city. Just gotta learn to say no sometimes, to other people, as well as yourself. Not saying you need to become an absolute hermit, but sometimes you gotta turn down that vacation, or that night out, or that new device or game or piece of clothing. TBF COVID helped me save up for the down payment on a condo here, but it was a lot of night being jealous as well.

Indeed, and not just "sometimes", basically I had no vacation, no night out, no new device, no movie, etc. My entertainment + new cloth + anything non essential budget was $500 a year. Those around my age who owns a condo did the same thing, and even after owning a condo, we are doing the same thing to pay them off until salary raised (unlike rent, a locked mortgage doesn't increase).

I can't say the same for my next generation with the increase in real estate, and I don't jealous others, because I know a lot of people also give up a lot for it.
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,870

Post#105 » by Thaddy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:33 pm

He's got a career in basketball even if he can't play. He was a great rim protector and he could help the Giants in Africa program. He would be a lottery pick in this draft if he was a 4 year prospect. The rim protection he provided was top tier, the offensive game was the only part that needed improvement, and it was. He was going to be a Jalen Smith ++ player in his prime.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,202

Post#106 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:12 pm

agkagk wrote:
mihaic wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:"Save $300/m at 18, for 8 years until you're 28"

Huh?

You might buy a nice used car with that :)

Learn to invest.

https://www.fidelity.ca/en/growthcalculator

Before a 17 year old commits to a 50 - 100k purchase they should learn to balance a cheque book first.

Learn how money works…before you spend it.

Spoiler warning: yogurtproducer is going to rant about how he knows better

:lol:

I do know better than you, as you are a guy who said:

That 50k invested simply would set them up for life.

Just incredibly wrong information.

A) you need a hell of a lot more than 50K to be set for life

and

B) 18 year olds generally don't have $50k to invest. Kids going to school go to school and utilize student loans generally to do it. So these kids cant just invest cash that does not exist.

Learn to invest.

Before a 17 year old commits to a 50 - 100k purchase they should learn to balance a cheque book first.

Sweet! So these kids with $50k they do not have can invest it and in 40 years when they are 60 years old they will have $163K - AKA - still not enough to get you through retirement.

Just incredibly out of touch man. From the fact you think you can start a career through the mail room, to that 18 years old have $50k to invest, to that you need to know how to "balance a chequebook" (cheques barely exist anymore my guy) before you spend money.

We as a society really suck at teaching financial literacy... and I hate to break it but your points are exhibit A.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,884

Post#107 » by agkagk » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:21 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
agkagk wrote:
mihaic wrote:
You might buy a nice used car with that :)

Learn to invest.

Learn how money works…before you spend it.

Spoiler warning: yogurtproducer is going to rant about how he knows better

:lol:

I do know better than you, as you are a guy who said:

That 50k invested simply would set them up for life.

Just incredibly wrong information.

A) you need a hell of a lot more than 50K to be set for life

and

B) 18 year olds generally don't have $50k to invest. Kids going to school go to school and utilize student loans generally to do it. So these kids cant just invest cash that does not exist.

Learn to invest.

Sweet! So these kids with $50k they do not have can invest it and in 40 years when they are 60 years old they will have $163K - AKA - still not enough to get you through retirement.

Just incredibly out of touch man. From the fact you think you can start a career through the mail room, to that 18 years old have $50k to invest, to that you need to know how to "balance a chequebook" (cheques barely exist anymore my guy) before you spend money.

We as a society really suck at teaching financial literacy... and I hate to break it but your points are exhibit A.

And now your pretending to not know how compound interest works after pretending night school/part time classes arent a viable more sensible option even though you actually later admitted to doing that very thing.

Its all verbal masturbation bud
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,915

Post#108 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:25 pm

Where am I man....

Where did I end up....

What are these calculations going on....

Rename thread to 'Calculation Koloko Updates"
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Aventador
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#109 » by Aventador » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:33 pm

Childs wrote:I got 3 pages of Koloko and 2 pages of people with no life experience.

end thread.

Can we talk about CK now? I think we can all reasonably agree he is not set for life, but has a very strong head start to get there.

His skillset would be applicable to a lot of teams if he can get out there.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,897

Post#110 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:18 pm

I think we can probably lock this until there is actually an update.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,897

Post#111 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:19 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Duffman the mod is taking part in the off topic financial discussion. Maybe he should change the thread title or separate this stuff out from the Koloko posts

Y'all complain when I don't mod, y'all complain when I mod too much. My locks ain't gold. :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors