ImageImageImageImageImage

Vince Carter elected to Hall of Fame // New Logo ? Pg. 5

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Re: Vince Carter elected to Hall of Fame // New Logo ? Pg. 5 

Post#161 » by JB7 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:38 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Coco Costanza wrote:
niQ wrote:
I think that new logo is FIRE!

Or do the kids say GAS nowadays.

Clearly is not going to be the actual logo moving forward, though.

He should be though.

Read on Twitter

The Carter Effect.

Definitely the Carter effect, but it also crazy that Toronto is second on that list. LA & TDot the new Meccas :nod:
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#162 » by raptorforlife88 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:41 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
He should be though.

Read on Twitter

The Carter Effect.

I mean I think Carter had an impact on the overall growth of basketball for sure, but Barrett, Shai, and Murray all basically missed Carter's career in Toronto. They would have been between 2-4 years old when Carter had his last great season with the Raptors and didn't get the peak of his popularity.

Barrett grew up with Bosh, Derozan and Lowry. Shai mentioned growing up with Bosh. Guys like Mathurin and Sharpe probably have no recollection of ever even seeing VC play with the Raptors.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,662

Post#163 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:23 pm

raptorforlife88 wrote:Are you actually going to tell me with a straight face, that Demar once he's in the top 15 point getters all time, is not getting into the HOF?

In a thread where a guy who produced less was inducted on the first ballot.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,862

Post#164 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:13 am

raptorforlife88 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
He should be though.

Read on Twitter

The Carter Effect.

I mean I think Carter had an impact on the overall growth of basketball for sure, but Barrett, Shai, and Murray all basically missed Carter's career in Toronto. They would have been between 2-4 years old when Carter had his last great season with the Raptors and didn't get the peak of his popularity.

Barrett grew up with Bosh, Derozan and Lowry. Shai mentioned growing up with Bosh. Guys like Mathurin and Sharpe probably have no recollection of ever even seeing VC play with the Raptors.

That's who they saw, but the infrastructure was a generation before. For example Jamal went to Orangeville prep.....that organization was established during the Carter era.

I actually went to Mitchell Wiggins basketball camp in Orangeville as a teen, my little bro player with Andrew at that camp.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,537

Post#165 » by WuTang_OG » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=0YpMScWXY2zRUqR8fH-usg
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,684

Post#166 » by C_Money » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 am

Bring back the purple and the dinosaur pls.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,395

Post#167 » by tdotrep2 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 am

C_Money wrote:Bring back the purple and the dinosaur pls.

for real, our logo is literally scratch marks :lol:
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,628

Post#168 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 am

They definitely bringing the purple carter jerseys back only problem is we gonna wear them like 6 times next year when we needa go back to that completely
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 6,002

Post#169 » by Coco Costanza » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't know how they came to that conclusion from the credits of an Open Gym episode.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
SpezNc
Pro Prospect
And1: 545

Post#170 » by SpezNc » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully it’s more than just city edition.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Post#171 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 am

raptorforlife88 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
He should be though.

Read on Twitter

The Carter Effect.

The Carter effect generation was Corey Joseph and TT, not the current young guns
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
SpezNc
Pro Prospect
And1: 545

Post#172 » by SpezNc » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:They definitely bringing the purple carter jerseys back only problem is we gonna wear them like 6 times next year when we needa go back to that completely

Yeah that is my fear. Hopefully i am wrong.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 445

Post#173 » by 6ixpessant » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 am

Congrats to Vince.... He's legitimately a big reason Canada has grown into a basketball hotbed.

I hope one day that the demographic of Raptors fans that hate the guy after all these years finally grow up.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 445

Post#174 » by 6ixpessant » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
raptorforlife88 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
He should be though.

Read on Twitter

The Carter Effect.

The Carter effect generation was Corey Joseph and TT, not the current young guns

Um no.... have you not listened to say Jamal or Dillon? Shai loved him some Bosh and Ford, but without Vince, the Raptors could have been the Grizzlies... then what? That's not hyperbole... I remember that time very well... the Raptors were a broken organisation.

The growth of development programs across the country can be traced back to the Vince Carter era when the sport really exploded in Canada. Growth has to start somewhere, and Vince was the seedling... now we have a healthy and growing tree. Without Vince? As much as I loved Shareef... he didn't move the needle.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,307

Post#175 » by Parataxis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm

hype_2004 wrote:
Jay240 wrote:That logo is probably for the sake of celebrating Vince's HOF induction and subsequent jersey retirement. I'll guess it'll probably be next year. The team will wear those jerseys the night they retire his jersey and maybe a few times through the season for ongoing marketing and sales.

Make no bones about it they will retire his Jersey and implement this new logo for profits and the casuals will eat it up. The marketing department was brilliant in concocting this new strategy and MLSE in the end only cares about the bottomline.

Okay, but that's all the more reason for them NOT to retire his jersey this year.

Why combine two marketing/sales opportunities into one? Celebrate this year with a Vince HoF marketing push, and then do it again in a few years with a Vince Jersey retirement push.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,618

Post#176 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 pm

I'm ready for the Purple Fever era.
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#177 » by raptorforlife88 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 am

6ixpessant wrote:
Um no.... have you not listened to say Jamal or Dillon? Shai loved him some Bosh and Ford, but without Vince, the Raptors could have been the Grizzlies... then what? That's not hyperbole... I remember that time very well... the Raptors were a broken organisation.

The growth of development programs across the country can be traced back to the Vince Carter era when the sport really exploded in Canada. Growth has to start somewhere, and Vince was the seedling... now we have a healthy and growing tree. Without Vince? As much as I loved Shareef... he didn't move the needle.

It's absolutely hyperbole. Carter had a real positive effect on the growth of basketball for sure. The idea that we'd be the Grizzlies is ridiculous because it fundamentally does not register the fact that Vancouver and Toronto are two entirely different markets.

At that time the population of the metro Toronto area was significantly more than twice as high as Vancouver and that makes a difference. Toronto is a major city now, but it was a large North American market back then as well.

The media market, the potential fan base, the number of people available to buy tickets, you can't just ignore that stuff.

It's always ridiculous to say we would have been the Grizzlies because Vancouver was just a significantly smaller market.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,616
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#178 » by will » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:08 pm

Is Michelle's parking spot going to be saved for her before the ceremony?
tanuki1031
Starter
And1: 3,351

Post#179 » by tanuki1031 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:19 pm

6ixpessant wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
raptorforlife88 wrote:

Shai may have grew up with the Bosh Raptors but his basketball journey is wholly a Steve Nash influence. He literally calls himself the Black Steve Nash.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,403

Post#180 » by Mikistan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:58 pm

will wrote:Is Michelle's parking spot going to be saved for her before the ceremony?

Vince will be late to the ceremony because he will be attending his dog grooming school graduation earlier in the day

Return to Toronto Raptors