ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,605

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3 

Post#741 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:25 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Masai basically just spelled out what he’ll be looking for…

A longer wing, back up PG & 3rd string C soooo…

I believe our targets at each pick will be:

TOR: one of Buzelis, Risacher, Holland or Williams
IND: one of Collier, McCain, Carter or Sears
DET: one of Ware, Missi, Chomche, praying he’ll look at Yang too

Those are the exact same needs I mentioned in the last thread the only one of those 3 you could possibly get in free agency is backup pg, so I expect them to have heavy influence on their draft picks after overall talent
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,305

Post#742 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:30 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:

Those are the exact same needs I mentioned in the last thread the only one of those 3 you could possibly get in free agency is backup pg, so I expect them to have heavy influence on their draft picks after overall talent

Yeah I just hope the fix is in because there aren’t many intriguing wing prospects at IND pick other than MAYBE Tijaun and there’s a decent chance he’ll be off the board by then too.

If they decide they like Dunn, I hope they draft Chomche first and just let the chips fall where they may on Dunn. Because Chomche just looks like a rarer prospect.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,641

Post#743 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:13 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:

Yeah I just hope the fix is in because there aren’t many intriguing wing prospects at IND pick other than MAYBE Tijaun and there’s a decent chance he’ll be off the board by then too.

If they decide they like Dunn, I hope they draft Chomche first and just let the chips fall where they may on Dunn. Because Chomche just looks like a rarer prospect.

Agreed. Can just pay Robert Covington the MLE for some wing defense off the bench.

Take Chomche with #17 and take the BPA to fill any guard or forward needs. Find that diamond, someone at #31 might be better than someone at #14. See who falls to #31. Draymond fell to #35.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,662

Post#744 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:23 pm

Psubs wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:Those are the exact same needs I mentioned in the last thread the only one of those 3 you could possibly get in free agency is backup pg, so I expect them to have heavy influence on their draft picks after overall talent

Agreed. Can just pay Robert Covington the MLE for some wing defense off the bench.

Take Chomche with #17 and take the BPA to fill any guard or forward needs. Find that diamond, someone at #31 might be better than someone at #14. See who falls to #31. Draymond fell to #35.

Chomche at 17 is a huge reach. He's a second rounder at this point
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,641

Post#745 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:30 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
Psubs wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

The reach is similar to drafting Pascal Siakam #27, when is was mocked as a mid 2nd rounder.

Chomche is at #30 on Tankathon. After workouts, I could see him moving into the #25 range and not a reach.

What makes Missi and Ware better big prospects over Chomche?

NBADraft.net has Carlton Carrington at #18, where most have him as a 2nd rounder.

Will the Knicks want to trade #24 and 25 for #17 and #31?
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,305

Post#746 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:42 pm

Psubs wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Chomche is at #30 on Tankathon. After workouts, I could see him moving into the #25 range and not a reach.

NBADraft.net has Carlton Carrington at #18, where most have him as a 2nd rounder.

I can see the argument for Ware because he’s further along in his development (and older) but Missi?! lol I don’t see it…him and Chomche are both great athletes for their size (although Chomche actually looks like he has more bounce imo) but unlike Missi, Chomche has some semblance of a jumper. I’ll take UC over Missi 10x out 10. Missi is just another Capela at best. Ware is the one I’d understand taking over Chomche but I don’t think he’ll be there at 20.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,498

Post#747 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:43 pm

Out of all the targets, I think for sure they will come out with a back up PG for sure. Been mentioned multiple times by Darko and Masai

McCain, Dev Carter i think are realistic
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#748 » by grant101 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:53 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:Out of all the targets, I think for sure they will come out with a back up PG for sure. Been mentioned multiple times by Darko and Masai

I want to throw Collier in there, but that might be wishful thinking. McCain and Carter are pretty damn good as consolation prizes. Both would be great additions for polar opposite reasons. I will say though, that I see McCain as more of a GTJ type than a back-up guard, but his shooting would be welcome regardless.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,157

Post#749 » by PoundTown » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:58 pm

Devin Carter looks like he could be gabe vincent on low end and Derrick white on high end, with a little more size than both. Like him a lot as a role player and a guy that plays with a relentless energy, which is a talent itself. We could really use a culture guy.
RoteSchroder
Junior
And1: 208

Post#750 » by RoteSchroder » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:05 pm

Psubs wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
Psubs wrote:

The reach is similar to drafting Pascal Siakam #27, when is was mocked as a mid 2nd rounder.

Siakam averaged 20.3/11.6 in a weak conference.

My question is more so what stats and footage is everyone basing their evaluations on with Chomche? Cause it seems to me that we got very limited info
Syd-TK3
RealGM

Post#751 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:31 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:Out of all the targets, I think for sure they will come out with a back up PG for sure. Been mentioned multiple times by Darko and Masai

Reed Sheppard is very high on their list that's for sure. Both darko and Bobby barely put any emphasis on defense and continue to speak on our offensive scheme and spacing around Scottie
Syd-TK3
RealGM

Post#752 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:32 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:

Yeah majority of the good wing prospects are in the top 10, there's possibly a few sleepers later on but it'll be huge hit or miss.
They could always take the safe choice in De Silva too though
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#753 » by grant101 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:32 pm

RoteSchroder wrote:
Psubs wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:

Siakam averaged 20.3/11.6 in a weak conference.

My question is more so what stats and footage is everyone basing their evaluations on with Chomche? Cause it seems to me that we got very limited info

My guess is highlights. I don't know how you can watch a game of his (against the competition he played) and come away feeling confident about his ability to make it in the league. He's this year's mystery box. I don't even see the high end outcome! There are plenty of players his size that can hit a three. I think a player like Adem Bona has a higher chance of hitting than Chomche
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,777

Post#754 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:40 pm

Gotta say, first time in a while I don't know who half these dudes are at the top, aside from Buzelis and Sarr

I like Stephon Castle as a fit on the squad

Quickley
Castle
Barrett
Barnes
Poeltl

='Ship
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,477

Post#755 » by PD28 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:15 pm

Ryan Dunn seems super risky. It's rare for such a non-shooter (20% 3pt) to become half decent.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,148

Post#756 » by Chandan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Got 6th on my first try. 1st on my second sim.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,264

Post#757 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:30 pm

Lets look at some potential scenarios:

Raptors keep their pick:
1-6: Sarr (big)
17-20: Collier, Devin Carter, McCain (back up guard)
31: Jaylon Tyson, Dillon Jones (wing)

OR

1-6: Holland, Buzelis, Risacher, Castle (wing)
17-20: Ware, Missi, Edey, Holmes II, Chomche (big)
31: Carrington, Alexander, Simpson, Mitchell (back up guard)

OR
1-6: Reed, Dillingham

Raptors lose their pick:
17-20: Collier, Devin Carter, McCain (back up guard)

OR

OR

17-20: Tristan da Silva, Ryan Dunn, Kyshawn George
31: Chomche, Carrington, Simpson, Bona
causal_fan
Junior
And1: 326

Post#758 » by causal_fan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:36 pm

Let's say the raptors stay in the top 6, can the Raptors still decide to convey the pick to the Spurs (wanting to keep the 2025 1st in a stronger draft) and can the Spurs reject that decision.
CazOnReal
Senior
And1: 446

Post#759 » by CazOnReal » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:54 pm

causal_fan wrote:Let's say the raptors stay in the top 6, can the Raptors still decide to convey the pick to the Spurs (wanting to keep the 2025 1st in a stronger draft) and can the Spurs reject that decision.

What they could do is trade their pick to get their 2025 first back, possibly with some sort of asset (Right to swap with Hawks 1st, as an example). They can't just decide to convey this year's pick at 6 if they want to.
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,706

Post#760 » by Yallbecrazy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:14 pm

They could remove the protections, but a top 6 pick seems far more valuable than a top 6 protected pick.

Return to Toronto Raptors