ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,706

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3 

Post#601 » by Yallbecrazy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:24 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
TGM wrote:Don’t mean to poor water over the fire. But I think a lot of people don’t realize despite finishing 6th still a 40% chance the pick falls outside of top 6 and still conveys to Spurs. So let’s hope ping pong ball goes are good to us.

I am almost 100% sure we are keeping the pick

Unsure where he got 40% from when it's 54% convey and 46% keep.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,490

Post#602 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:26 pm

So far my board is:

1. Sarr (without a doubt) .. bouncy athletic big with handles, 7'1" defensive anchor. We need defense. this would be bpa and perfect need for Raps
2. Sheppard .. highly skilled shoot first PG... great analytics too. kid just knows how to play
3. Holland - big wing, I feel he will develop into a solid high end role player
4. Clingan - solid big
5. Risasher - tough recent stretch but i like the size
6. Castle - if he was bigger, id have him top 3. shot will swing him
7. Topic - wish we saw more of him but he can get in the lane and create
8. Dillingham - he will translate cuz he can score. microwave guy
9. Salaun
10. Knecht
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,641

Post#603 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:35 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:So far my board is:

1. Sarr (without a doubt) .. bouncy athletic big with handles, 7'1" defensive anchor. We need defense. this would be bpa and perfect need for Raps
2. Sheppard .. highly skilled shoot first PG... great analytics too. kid just knows how to play
3. Holland - big wing, I feel he will develop into a solid high end role player
4. Clingan - solid big
5. Risasher - tough recent stretch but i like the size
6. Castle - if he was bigger, id have him top 3. shot will swing him
7. Topic - wish we saw more of him but he can get in the lane and create
8. Dillingham - he will translate cuz he can score. microwave guy
9. Salaun
10. Knecht

Not sure where they will be drafted but my wishlist is:

Sarr
Sheppard
Chomche
DaSilva
Carrington

If we can add any 3 of those, I'm satisfied.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,440

Post#604 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:37 pm

Unfortunately I think we're going to be conveying the pick.

My hope is that we can pick some quality players at 17 and 31. Really wish we hadn't wasted that other first rounder.

Anyway, I really like Carter, Ware and Holmes.
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,459

Post#605 » by aminiaturebuddha » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:38 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
bballsparkin wrote:
Psubs wrote:

The guy proceeds to rip into a teenager playing with men and criticizes his shot but shows a video of him making what looked like every shot. I mean at least show me some of his ugly misses. I would like to see them and clips of his bad defence if that is a problem. Also, it makes sense his numbers would go down while making the jump to a better league. Too bad he got injured.

His shot does look a little flat to me, but I'm willing to bet on an 18 year old that played that well against men. I don't see him being a bust, but he may end up as a Rubio-level solid, underrated starter.

I agree that the guy in the video is too harsh on him, and seems to dislike Topic and then is finding reasons to back that up rather than the other way around.

However, I'm wondering if someone out there who follows Euro ball closely can give me a breakdown on this "playing with men" notion? Because it seems as though a bunch of his games from this past year were on a junior team (and the Mega MIS team seems to consist mostly of players his own age) while others were actually at the senior level.

Watching video and looking at his stats, I'm never quite sure which games belong in which category. Hopefully someone can clarify this.
6ixpessant
Junior
And1: 441

Post#606 » by 6ixpessant » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:56 pm

mtcan wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:
TGM wrote:Don’t mean to poor water over the fire. But I think a lot of people don’t realize despite finishing 6th still a 40% chance the pick falls outside of top 6 and still conveys to Spurs. So let’s hope ping pong ball goes are good to us.

I genuinely hope that we give this pick to the Spurs.

I hope to keep this pick, keep next year's pick then give the pick to the Spurs when we are a playoff team. There is a scenario where we are bad next season as well, after all.

We will suck next year.. but no one in this draft would crack the top 10 next year. Let it go!
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,490

Post#607 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:59 pm

Read on Twitter
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,222

Post#608 » by niQ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:25 pm

May 12. Wake me up after the draft lottery.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#609 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:33 pm

6ixpessant wrote:
mtcan wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:

I hope to keep this pick, keep next year's pick then give the pick to the Spurs when we are a playoff team. There is a scenario where we are bad next season as well, after all.

We will suck next year.. but no one in this draft would crack the top 10 next year. Let it go!

1. Ace Bailey
2. Cooper Flagg
3. Alexander Sarr

Reed Sheppard vs VJ Edgecombe vs Dylan Harper vs Nolan Traore? Actually with what he showed at the Nike Hoops Summit, I might put Traore on par with Sheppard.

Any other prospects, clearly better than A.Sarr?
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,637

Post#610 » by Bruin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46
6ixpessant
Junior
And1: 441

Post#611 » by 6ixpessant » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:05 pm

Psubs wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:
mtcan wrote:I hope to keep this pick, keep next year's pick then give the pick to the Spurs when we are a playoff team. There is a scenario where we are bad next season as well, after all.

1. Ace Bailey
2. Cooper Flagg
3. Alexander Sarr

Reed Sheppard vs VJ Edgecombe vs Dylan Harper vs Nolan Traore? Actually with what he showed at the Nike Hoops Summit, I might put Traore on par with Sheppard.

Any other prospects, clearly better than A.Sarr?

Hugo... he's better than Sarr and Bailey. I'd take Noa over everyone in this draft too. Ruzic needs one more season of minutes.. but he's going to climb draft boards next year.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,471

Post#612 » by mtcan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:25 pm

6ixpessant wrote:
mtcan wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:

Once again...why be OK giving up a lottery pick this year when you can have both this year and next year?
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,706

Post#613 » by Yallbecrazy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:25 pm

I don't do big boards, but the two guys who stand out to me in this class as having the highest likely ceilings are:
1. Topic
- gets to the rim at will and excels at finishing at the rim and passing. Excellent free throw shooting suggests there is potential for him to develop an outside game. Also will be one of the youngest guys in the draft.

2. Collin Murray-Boyles (may not declare)
- I've gone down the rabbit hole with him the past couple days. He crushes my stats models with high assists and low turnovers, high oReb%, high free throw rate, and very good steals and blocks. Also has an ideal frame at 6'7 230.
Shows great bbiq on both ends, cuts well, switches well, has excellent finishing around the rim. Also will still be 18 come draft day.

Negatives: Wasn't the centre of attention and played on a senior heavy team where they could all shoot. This allowed him to operate in the paint and probably inflated his 2pt% and assists and cut down on his turnovers somewhat. The elephant in the room is also his shooting as he was only 1/8 on jump shots including 0/5 from 3. He shot 65% from the line so his shot will be a work in progress.

Where I get hope from CMB developing a jump shot is he has a massive frame, is very young, and displays elite touch around the rim. He probably has huge Kawhi like hands as I saw many highlights of him just plucking offensive rebounds out of the air with one hand. His shooting form doesn't look broken at all and given his footwork in the post and handle I think he is quite coordinated and should develop a jump shot especially considering how quickly he has gotten better so he probably has a strong work ethic.
If he develops that shot I see a real possibility of becoming an elite SF (currently being placed as an undersized PF). I compared his stats to a sophomore Kawhi (who played against much worse competition)and the only non shooting stats Kawhi was ahead in were defensive rebounds and foul rate.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,738

Post#614 » by BoyzNTheHood » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:49 pm

Bruin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

I get the feeling he’ll be better in the NBA than he was in college, but I could be wrong. He just seems like the type of guy who will thrive with NBA spacing.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,637

Post#615 » by Bruin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46
Psubs
RealGM

Post#616 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:02 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
Bruin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

I get the feeling he’ll be better in the NBA than he was in college, but I could be wrong. He just seems like the type of guy who will thrive with NBA spacing.

But ultimately, is he just going to be Eric Gordon if he reaches his potential?

To me shooting is a skill that all players need, it's the little things that help the team. Maybe someone excels at shot-blocking, steals, playmaking. Need to have an above average skill other than shooting.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#617 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:06 pm

Bruin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Good that he's #39. Likley won't jump too high. I would love him at #17.

#6 Reed
#17 Chomche
#31 DaSilva/CMB/Carrington/Furphy

I'd also be cool to trade #31 for any future 1st pick.

manjusaka
Senior
And1: 430

Post#618 » by manjusaka » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:21 pm

Yallbecrazy wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:

I am almost 100% sure we are keeping the pick

Unsure where he got 40% from when it's 54% convey and 46% keep.

No idea about the math, but the results I got from tankathon is about 50% .
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,471

Post#619 » by mtcan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:26 pm

Psubs wrote:
Bruin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Good that he's #39. Likley won't jump too high. I would love him at #17.

#6 Reed
#17 Chomche
#31 DaSilva/CMB/Carrington/Furphy

I'd also be cool to trade #31 for any future 1st pick.

Chomche seems like a 31st pick rather than a mid-first round pick...just my opinion.

This board is high on a lot of guys that you believe are legit star level talent but end up in the 2nd round.
goinrogue
Analyst
And1: 3,236

Post#620 » by goinrogue » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:47 pm

I know it’s silly but part of me wonders if the raps really want Toppic in part cause he’s Serbian. I can just see a scenario where Darko is very familiar with his game and has convinced the front office that he’s worth tanking for. I think there’s a high likelihood this guy is a spur or wizard if they pick before us.

If we stay at 6, I can see Risacher falling to 6 if the spurs don’t take him.

I don’t want anything to do with Rob dillingham or Edey. The former is allergic to defense and we’re already terrible at it. The latter is a bad fit and a bust imo.

I do believe we will keep our top 6 pick. I don’t entirely believe the league doesn’t rig the draft a bit and this is a perfect year for the league to cut us some slack - no sure fire star.

Return to Toronto Raptors