ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Wizards have a superior tank

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Re: PG: Wizards have a superior tank 

Post#81 » by mihaic » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:55 pm

720 wrote:Of course it’s cloudy the day this solar eclipse **** is supposed to happen. :banghead:

I drove to Oakville as it was not total in Toronto. It was very good (by the lake), although it was not sunny at all, there was a break in the cloud at the right time
DemHeavyHands
Sixth Man
And1: 2,733

Post#82 » by DemHeavyHands » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:01 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
Scase wrote:
DemHeavyHands wrote:Scottie and Yak listed as game time decisions for tmr?? :o

Honestly, makes sense. Let’s try to give the pacers as many Ls as possible lol

I couldn't find this anywhere, where'd you see it?

Yeah I took poster at word. I can’t find it anywhere. I think they forgot the green font.

ESPN injury report:

Toronto Raptors Injuries

Apr 8
Scottie Barnes
Scottie Barnes
SF
Status
Out
Barnes was spotted getting shots up during Monday's practice with a brace on his surgically repaired left hand, Aaron Rose of SI.com reports.
Jakob Poeltl
Jakob Poeltl
C
Status
Out
Poeltl (finger) participated in parts of Monday's practice but was limited to using only his right hand, Raptors reporter Aaron Rose reports.

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/injuries/_/name/tor/toronto-raptors

The score app earlier today had them both as gtd. For the last month they were always listed as out so I thought there was some kind of updated IR

Although the score app has now updated Scottie and Yak as out for tmr so gg to that lol
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,833

Post#83 » by ArthurVandelay » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:03 pm

DemHeavyHands wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Scase wrote:I couldn't find this anywhere, where'd you see it?

Yeah I took poster at word. I can’t find it anywhere. I think they forgot the green font.

ESPN injury report:

Toronto Raptors Injuries

Apr 8
Scottie Barnes
Scottie Barnes
SF
Status
Out
Barnes was spotted getting shots up during Monday's practice with a brace on his surgically repaired left hand, Aaron Rose of SI.com reports.
Jakob Poeltl
Jakob Poeltl
C
Status
Out
Poeltl (finger) participated in parts of Monday's practice but was limited to using only his right hand, Raptors reporter Aaron Rose reports.

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/injuries/_/name/tor/toronto-raptors

The score app earlier today had them both as gtd. For the last month they were always listed as out so I thought there was some kind of updated IR

Although the score app has now updated Scottie and Yak as out for tmr so gg to that lol

It would be fun if Toronto brought out the whole gang specifically for the Pacers pick, er, game.
RealGM
And1: 66,547

Post#84 » by 720 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 11:42 pm

mihaic wrote:
720 wrote:Of course it’s cloudy the day this solar eclipse **** is supposed to happen. :banghead:

I drove to Oakville as it was not total in Toronto. It was very good (by the lake), although it was not sunny at all, there was a break in the cloud at the right time

Yeah I got lucky and caught it at the end when it was near total eclipse. Clouds cleared up for a few minutes right as it was happening.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,255

Post#85 » by Chandan » Tue Apr 9, 2024 2:42 am

720 wrote:
mihaic wrote:

Yeah I got lucky and caught it at the end when it was near total eclipse. Clouds cleared up for a few minutes right as it was happening.

yeah i wasn't planning to watch and i had no tools to do so. but the cloud totally made it okay.
basketballto
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#86 » by basketballto » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:41 am

RJ adds a seriousness and maturity to the locker room. You can't discount that. His drive is a weapon that is needed after the Pascal trade. His defense is slightly below average. He can fit on this team.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,653

Post#87 » by Mr Funk » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:43 pm

HumbleRen wrote:Hopefully we luck out and get Ron Holland in the draft lol.

If we get Holland I will literally do the running man like it's 1990/1991 :pray: :lol:

deck
Sixth Man
And1: 1,103

Post#88 » by deck » Tue Apr 9, 2024 10:57 pm

Scase wrote:
deck wrote:
Scase wrote:I pointed out how his game is clearly limited and easy to shut down, which is WHY he is likely not a long term keeper on this team. I suggested this game was a bad one to make the statement after as it wasn't a great game, rather just an alright game.

He put up inefficient numbers, all his made shots came from the same place on the court, and he turned it over 6 times. It is not a non-sequitur because you don't understand the very basic connection.

People say he's not in the long term plans because his game is very limited.
A statement is made of when will people stop saying that.
It is posted after a game where he plays alright, and his entire game is the usual limited offence.
So I say this is not the best game to make the statement.

It's pretty damn straight forward.

Not understanding the connection doesn't make it a non-sequitur.

He didn't have a limited game is the point. Your entire statement is based solely on his offensive output and how he scored his points. He did a lot of things that contributed to winning, and also helped IQ have a good game. You pointing out his shot chart and his TS seems like evidence that you didn't actually watch the game, and as such, likely should not have been commenting.

Further, having a slashing guard that gets to the rim while also shooting a decent 3pt percentage isn't a liability in the playoffs. This is a non-secuitar because the conclusion you are making doesn't follow from the statement you are making. Pretty damn straight forward.

You don't seem to understand there is a large difference between staring at a shot chart, and watching every single play right? All of his points save for 1 turn around fadeway jumper were the same layup/drive that he always does. All his assists aside from 2, were basic passes that only became assists because of the other player, not because he was some amazing playmaker. I mean you're talking to me like I haven't watched the game, meanwhile you're just spouting off stuff like "He did a lot of things that contributed to winning". Cool, so did every other player on the court.

Want to talk about ACTUALLY watching the game, sure.

This assist was made because of Olynyk setting a screen, not because of the basic pass thrown.
This assist was him actually MISSING the first easier pass, to then make a more difficult one.
This was a good pass to Gradey.
This was a good pass to Olynyk.
This was IQ bailing him out from a bad drive.
This was a basic pass literally any NBA player can make.
Same with this one, and extra easy since the wiz are horrible on defence.

We don't need to pretend like the guy is some playmaking savant, he has been making incredibly basic passes, and that's fine, I'm not dumping on him for that. But you're making it out to sound like he had some great game.

4 of his 6 TOs were stolen from bad passes because he always drives himself into trouble and thinks he can bail himself out, the other 2 were from him again, driving into trouble and throwing it out of bounds, then driving into THREE players and getting called for an offensive foul.

But as I have mentioned MANY times now, his limited offence leads to this. He scored inefficiently, he missed his last 6 shots in a row, and his misses comprised of 2 wide open 3's which are fine as they weren't bad shots. But the other 8 shots were 1 terrible pull up 3 from 31 ft out, and 7 bad drives into defenders.

His turnovers and his misses are virtually all derived from his limited game of just put his shoulder down, drive to the net, and hope **** works out. His points are the exact same situations as well, he is not a bad player. As I have repeated, he is a limited offensive player. He lacks variety in his game, I don't even understand how this is a discussion, it is a blatant fact.

I don't know why you are responding with such long winded posts trying to defend a position that wasn't being argued. OP asked, when will we stop looking at RJ as a throw into the trade. When you laughed at this citing his offensive efficiency in this game, I asked if you had watched the game because he played decently overall.

Neither myself nor the OP have said anything about RJ being a passing savant, a core piece, the focus of our offence in the playoffs, or that he has a diverse offensive game. These are strawman statements that you are making.

You do this often on the board where you get all riled up, respond with a bunch of capitalized words that are not necessary, and faint disbelief that anyone could be so stupid to disagree with your all-knowing takes when in cases like this, you are quite literally arguing with yourself.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,457

Post#89 » by Scase » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:08 am

deck wrote:
Scase wrote:
deck wrote:
He didn't have a limited game is the point. Your entire statement is based solely on his offensive output and how he scored his points. He did a lot of things that contributed to winning, and also helped IQ have a good game. You pointing out his shot chart and his TS seems like evidence that you didn't actually watch the game, and as such, likely should not have been commenting.

Further, having a slashing guard that gets to the rim while also shooting a decent 3pt percentage isn't a liability in the playoffs. This is a non-secuitar because the conclusion you are making doesn't follow from the statement you are making. Pretty damn straight forward.

You don't seem to understand there is a large difference between staring at a shot chart, and watching every single play right? All of his points save for 1 turn around fadeway jumper were the same layup/drive that he always does. All his assists aside from 2, were basic passes that only became assists because of the other player, not because he was some amazing playmaker. I mean you're talking to me like I haven't watched the game, meanwhile you're just spouting off stuff like "He did a lot of things that contributed to winning". Cool, so did every other player on the court.

This assist was made because of Olynyk setting a screen, not because of the basic pass thrown.
This assist was him actually MISSING the first easier pass, to then make a more difficult one.

We don't need to pretend like the guy is some playmaking savant, he has been making incredibly basic passes, and that's fine, I'm not dumping on him for that. But you're making it out to sound like he had some great game.

4 of his 6 TOs were stolen from bad passes because he always drives himself into trouble and thinks he can bail himself out, the other 2 were from him again, driving into trouble and throwing it out of bounds, then driving into THREE players and getting called for an offensive foul.

But as I have mentioned MANY times now, his limited offence leads to this. He scored inefficiently, he missed his last 6 shots in a row, and his misses comprised of 2 wide open 3's which are fine as they weren't bad shots. But the other 8 shots were 1 terrible pull up 3 from 31 ft out, and 7 bad drives into defenders.

His turnovers and his misses are virtually all derived from his limited game of just put his shoulder down, drive to the net, and hope **** works out. His points are the exact same situations as well, he is not a bad player. As I have repeated, he is a limited offensive player. He lacks variety in his game, I don't even understand how this is a discussion, it is a blatant fact.

I don't know why you are responding with such long winded posts trying to defend a position that wasn't being argued. OP asked, when will we stop looking at RJ as a throw into the trade. When you laughed at this citing his offensive efficiency in this game, I asked if you had watched the game because he played decently overall.

Neither myself nor the OP have said anything about RJ being a passing savant, a core piece, the focus of our offence in the playoffs, or that he has a diverse offensive game. These are strawman statements that you are making.

You do this often on the board where you get all riled up, respond with a bunch of capitalized words that are not necessary, and faint disbelief that anyone could be so stupid to disagree with your all-knowing takes when in cases like this, you are quite literally arguing with yourself.

You quite literally said he didn't have a limited game, I proved he did. But sure, by all means feign ignorance.
Props TZ!
deck
Sixth Man
And1: 1,103

Post#90 » by deck » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:21 am

Scase wrote:
deck wrote:
Scase wrote:You don't seem to understand there is a large difference between staring at a shot chart, and watching every single play right? All of his points save for 1 turn around fadeway jumper were the same layup/drive that he always does. All his assists aside from 2, were basic passes that only became assists because of the other player, not because he was some amazing playmaker. I mean you're talking to me like I haven't watched the game, meanwhile you're just spouting off stuff like "He did a lot of things that contributed to winning". Cool, so did every other player on the court.

You quite literally said he didn't have a limited game, I proved he did. But sure, by all means feign ignorance.

He didn't have a limited game. He played decent overall. There is more to basketball than just offence and shot charts. You might realize this if you had actually watched the game, which clearly you didn't.

Further, you proved nothing. Your assessment of his assists is absurd.

Assist #1: RJ drives in the to paint, brings it back out, passes to Olynyk while setting a screen. This is a good assist.
Assist #2: RJ makes a good pass to Gradey for an open 3
Assist #3: RJ drives, draws multiple defenders, and passes to IQ for a wide open 3. This isn't IQ bailing him out. lol
Assist #4: RJ drives, draws multiple defenders, and makes a good pass to Olynyk for an easy layup. This is a good assist.
Assist #5: Great pass to a cutting Gradey. Lots of players on our team would miss this pass.
Assist #6: Maybe could have thrown the pass to Brown driving earlier, but still makes a good play by driving into the paint and getting Brown an easy layup.
Assist #7: This is the only one of the 7 I would concede was not RJ contributing to the play.

So yeah. 1 of his 7 assists was not attributable to him making a good play? This is the proof to you of an extremely limited game? Hard to have a good faith conversation with you when the above is tabled as irrefutable proof that RJ had an extremely limited game.

Return to Toronto Raptors