ImageImageImageImageImage

William Lou Leaving 'The Raptors Show'

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,119

Re: William Lou Leaving 'The Raptors Show' 

Post#61 » by C Court » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:55 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:Didn't Will Lou pretty much start on/in this forum?

Raptors Republic was started by and is still run by guys from this forum.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,106

Post#62 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:04 pm

Mr Funk wrote:
djsunyc wrote:my #1 pick is savannah hamilton. she's great when she's on radio just talking raptors.

she also keeps thing general, is knowledgeable, has energy and is easy on the eyes for the video feed. she checks all boxes.

Savannah Hamilton
Lindsay Dunn
Amit Mann
Nikki Reyes
Kia Nurse (?)

That's all I can really come up with. The majority of the Raptors media are super dry or too inexperienced (for example, Oren Weisfeld is up and coming, but I don't think his broadcasting chops are there yet).

Amit's a good one. His player interviews are a weird combination of interesting "inside baseball" type questions and zany stuff. I hope he lands a new gig sometime soon. But for Raptors Show I would expect Savannah. Women are taking over basketball, after all. And that's fine by me.
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#63 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:21 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:Probably not. Although when I cancelled mine last week after ~15 years as a SSHer, I hoped a message would be sent. My contact kept talking about the "10 year wait list" for seats. :lol: I guess those fools on the wait list don't realize that you can get the same seats (or better) for cheaper if you go on Ticketmaster two hours before the game starts.

I thought the ending of that exorbitant hockey deal would positively affect Rogers media bottom line.

As a musician, I witnessed the end of actually being paid for "content" 20+ years ago. Now journalists are finding the same situation. I do pay Raptors Republic a very modest monthly amount through Patreon, modest compared to the plus content that Samson and Es provide. But they'd need thousands of us subscribers doing the same to actually justify the work they put in, and that's not Millennial or Gen Z culture.

You cancelled? That's big, considering last year you were on the fence and still renewed.

If you cancelled, I have to imagine a lot of more casual SSH cancelled too

The 2022-2023 season, I averaged about a 20% profit on tickets I couldn't use or transfer to friends - around 15 games per season. So of course, MLSE conspired with Ticketmaster to make a note of that, and increased my annual ticket price by 20% for this past season, while providing an inferior product on the court. So I basically lost money on every game I resold. Then, this spring they increased it another 10% for next season. F that! Someone above mentioned the cost of parking. It used to cost $5 a night at the St. Lawrence market parkade. Now it's $12/night.

Kids weren't happy, but now they're both in high school and seem to always have tests or assignments due the next day after games. So they can't go.
bozothepope
Sixth Man
And1: 4,225

Post#64 » by bozothepope » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:44 pm

I’m happy Will and Alex are reuniting. Their chemistry is special. I’ll be tuning in for sure.

The show went to **** when they added Blake. He can’t help but speak in long-winded paragraphs of stats no one cares about. He’s best used in 5 minute segments during the pregame show with Danielle. Anything more is boresville.

If Sportsnet is keeping the show, I’d think about subbing in Tim Micallef. Or if somehow Rogers could lure the No Dunks crew back to Toronto, that would be the best option.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#65 » by johanliebert » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:49 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:
johanliebert wrote:Told you guys last year his show wouldnt make it past another season. I’m also sure he was fired, anyone can read stats and take callers these broadcasters need a personality.

Based on what your saying he would not have gotten fired lol cause that's exactly the opposite of what Will and Alex provided, they had plenty personality

Will provided analysis as if he was some expert and would throw players under the bus in rants. Nobody wants that from guys who never competed.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,302

Post#66 » by canada_dry » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:50 pm

bozothepope wrote:I’m happy Will and Alex are reuniting. Their chemistry is special. I’ll be tuning in for sure.

The show went to **** when they added Blake. He can’t help but speak in long-winded paragraphs of stats no one cares about. He’s best used in 5 minute segments during the pregame show with Danielle. Anything more is boresville.

If Sportsnet is keeping the show, I’d think about subbing in Tim Micallef. Or if somehow Rogers could lure the No Dunks crew back to Toronto, that would be the best option.
Tim would be great imo

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#67 » by johanliebert » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:50 pm

You guys have mentioned everything but that shows ratings lol.
kieferli
Analyst
And1: 4,080

Post#68 » by kieferli » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:52 pm

I can see that coming, William are too passion of his own opinion, and pretty negative complain players coach and FO. I think as a fans we love it, but I think his boss may not like what’s he said to hurt our team image. I think they want their media like Raptors today, try to say everything positive about the Raptors
Credit:Clutch0z24
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,063

Post#69 » by HumbleRen » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:07 pm

johanliebert wrote:You guys have mentioned everything but that shows ratings lol.

They're the 2nd most listened to show in Canada for Basketball on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, doubt it's a ratings thing.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,833

Post#70 » by ___Rand___ » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:08 pm

Mr Funk wrote:
djsunyc wrote:my #1 pick is savannah hamilton. she's great when she's on radio just talking raptors.

she also keeps thing general, is knowledgeable, has energy and is easy on the eyes for the video feed. she checks all boxes.

Savannah Hamilton
Lindsay Dunn
Amit Mann
Nikki Reyes
Kia Nurse (?)

That's all I can really come up with. The majority of the Raptors media are super dry or too inexperienced (for example, Oren Weisfeld is up and coming, but I don't think his broadcasting chops are there yet).

I like Kia Nurse. She's got enough personality and knows her stuff. But can't pair her with Blake. I don't see the fit. And She's got a full time job was WNBA player.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,522

Post#71 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:10 pm

JD143726 wrote:Rogers are cheap af and it’s a suffocating corporate culture, bro could make way more money doing his own thing and have more freedom to Boot.

I have a friend who quit his job and switched to Youtubing a few years ago. Dude is literally printing money right now, and his channel isn't even that big. It's absolutely the way to go, if you can get a decent-sized following. I imagine that was Lou's plan from the get-go. Use Sportsnet to grow his own personal brand for a few years and then go solo.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,429

Post#72 » by Tha Cynic » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:17 pm

Really? I can't see myself listening to her every day about the Raptors. I wasn't a big fan of the sessions where they had her on
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,967

Post#73 » by Truthrising » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:28 pm

Some of the suggestions to replace Will are pretty terrible. Might as well cancel the show altogether. I’ll be following Will and Alex wherever they go.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,904

Post#74 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:28 pm

yea #1 pick if you're tryna lose brain cells.

kayla grey is a much better choice.

I got a feeling they'll give it to Blake & Samson. Has a nice ring to it as well.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,471

Post#75 » by mtcan » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:30 pm

Lindsay Dunn would be a good host. She brings some fun and entertainment while Blake brings the numbers.
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,409

Post#76 » by ill-Will03 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:50 pm

johanliebert wrote:You guys have mentioned everything but that shows ratings lol.

Do you know their ratings yourself? They do extremely well
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#77 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:45 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
JD143726 wrote:Rogers are cheap af and it’s a suffocating corporate culture, bro could make way more money doing his own thing and have more freedom to Boot.

I have a friend who quit his job and switched to Youtubing a few years ago. Dude is literally printing money right now, and his channel isn't even that big. It's absolutely the way to go, if you can get a decent-sized following. I imagine that was Lou's plan from the get-go. Use Sportsnet to grow his own personal brand for a few years and then go solo.

Are you allowed (within the bounds of friendship) to be more specific? Subject matter of channel, # of subscribers, average views, and $ amount. As much as you can share.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,020

Post#78 » by DelAbbot » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:00 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Are you allowed (within the bounds of friendship) to be more specific? Subject matter of channel, # of subscribers, average views, and $ amount. As much as you can share.

But will be always be at the mercy of YouTube algorithm god
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,002

Post#79 » by NinjaBro » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:02 am

DelAbbot wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

But will be always be at the mercy of YouTube algorithm god
Like, comment, subscribe! Don't forget to click that notification bell so you know when we're on. Tell us in the comments what you think!

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#80 » by Indeed » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:22 am

I am unsure what good things or positive discussion you want to talk about a tanking team.

Return to Toronto Raptors